Escape From Zombie Island 2 ready for public consumption

Had a pretty funny game with the Company,I almost got the space race victory,but I couldn't capture the Radio Station... :cry:
I tried to send three black op teams there but they were slaughtered to the doors of the Radio Station....

btw you misspelled the word cannibalistic,it's cannibalistic not cannabalistic...And the time system is really good work :goodjob:

I have DLed heap of sound effects in .wav format

>Screams
>Gunshots
>Cars screeching away
>Dogs Yelping

... do i zip and post here or someone volunteering to create soundscape for the mod?

EDIT Here is the site all free

Spetznaz said:
Had a pretty funny game with the Company,I almost got the space race victory,but I couldn't capture the Radio Station... :cry:
I tried to send three black op teams there but they were slaughtered to the doors of the Radio Station....
Unlucky but it does sound like the victory is achievable
Spetznaz said:
btw you misspelled the word cannibalistic,it's cannibalistic not cannabalistic...And the time system is really good work :goodjob:
Doh! thanks.

Excellent. Never done sounds before but I'll give it a go. Only problem I can forsee is the length of the clip may need adjusted. I'll give it a go anyway. Did you manage to get the update working?
fe3333au said:
I have DLed heap of sound effects in .wav format

>Screams
>Gunshots
>Cars screeching away
>Dogs Yelping

... do i zip and post here or someone volunteering to create soundscape for the mod?

EDIT Here is the site all free

Hi, thanks and I fix the problem so I can play now, however, I notice that the time stays at 10pm and didn't change at all, did I do something wrong again?

I think authorities get stronger or cheaper because they lost a lot of city in the beginning and they can't build anything at beginning which put them in really bad condition to start with.
Anyway that is just my opionion.

@KingArthur
Thorgrimm from the Fallout Mod will be sending the soundscape that he made by adding wind with tincan ... I'll get to you when he has sent it ... he used a programme that came with his soundcard ...

Re: Mod I've been busy over weekend ... tried DLing but had probs ... bloody dialup ... so will try again ...

Cheers :)

DLing now ... just had a thought ... in some of the mods and scenarios ... the player levels have been changed to fit the theme ...

Chiefdom ...
Warlord ...
Regent ...
Monarch ...
Emperor ...
Demigod ...
Diety ...
Sid ...

Any ideas ... maybe viruses with Chiefdom = Influenza ... Sid being Ibola level ? <shrugs>

Just played a game with the Company. The new version does seem somewhat easier for the Company although I still suffered an embarassing defeat:blush:.

I noticed the zombies seemed to attack Company HQ a lot more though. Is there any reason for this or am I just unlucky? And why is the AI so pathetic at playing the Survivors?

Starting to play Company ... Like the research labs ...
>Secret Labs is working on testing of the Antidote
> Have taken the Garage ... because I could ;)

Note: Maybe Fortification should become available only when the Barricade Tech has been discovered?

Note2: See what you mean about spacial text constraints ... Can you change font size?
If not what about altering current ...
Where - is space and boarder is |
|8am,-Day-1--266-Supplies-(+12-per-turn)| ... 39 spaces?
to this
|08am,-Day01-266-Supplies-(+12-/turn)| ... 36 spaces
so the usual text will not be lost in the boarders

fe3333au said:
... in some of the mods and scenarios ... the player levels have been changed to fit the theme ...
You're right, that's always a good thing to do.
I was playing this last night (litterally, my friend and I played it from 7:30pm to 1:15am without pause) and I have some ideas (btw, we played the "old" version, the one without the company's space victory):
1: Ms Tokugawa isn't good enough. We lost her in the 2nd or 3rd turn when trying to take the graveyard. She should have some extra HP - and maybe she should be upgradeable to something better... with a bigger gun (after the invention of Damsel of Distress?)
2: Mr Tokugawa is really cool in the beginning but when the Mutant Zombies started coming, things became more difficult for him. Maybe he should upgrade to an armored samurai (Samura Warrior from the Japanese conquest) or a Mounted Samurai :rolleyes: (also from the Japanese conquest)... maybe after the invention of Kickin' Zombie Ass... it would be nice to have just one unit that could defeat a Monster Zombie.
3: Try to take a look at Conquests/Civilopedia/Units/X2_HMGBtln-large.pcx. Maybe it could be used as a unit for the Authorities.
4: I like the Warehouse, Radio Station etc. wonders, but I think it would be cool if all the buildings had a wonder like that.

Here is some of the new tarrain I've been working on ("Mountains" to the left, Roads to the right). The idea is that the standard grassland is going to be completely covered. The brown soil is just there temporarily, I'm going to add some paths, trees, grass, trash etc.
What do you think, KingArthur?

Attachments

• Cityterrain.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 150
Player levels
Or how about movie certifications: U; PG; 15; 18; R... These might be a bit country specific so not ideal.

Or how about characterisitics of zombies:
Mindless; Twitcher; Shambling; Running; Smart

Don't know if the font can be changed or the number of spaces - could be hard coded.

fe3333au said:
Starting to play Company ... Like the research labs ...
>Secret Labs is working on testing of the Antidote
> Have taken the Garage ... because I could ;)

Note: Maybe Fortification should become available only when the Barricade Tech has been discovered?

Note2: See what you mean about spacial text constraints ... Can you change font size?
If not what about altering current ...
Where - is space and boarder is |
|8am,-Day-1--266-Supplies-(+12-per-turn)| ... 39 spaces?
to this
|08am,-Day01-266-Supplies-(+12-/turn)| ... 36 spaces
so the usual text will not be lost in the boarders

JuuL said:
1: Ms Tokugawa isn't good enough. We lost her in the 2nd or 3rd turn when trying to take the graveyard. She should have some extra HP - and maybe she should be upgradeable to something better... with a bigger gun (after the invention of Damsel of Distress?)
I could give her an extra hit point.

JuuL said:
2: Mr Tokugawa is really cool in the beginning but when the Mutant Zombies started coming, things became more difficult for him. Maybe he should upgrade to an armored samurai (Samura Warrior from the Japanese conquest) or a Mounted Samurai
:rolleyes: (also from the Japanese conquest)... maybe after the invention of Kickin' Zombie Ass... it would be nice to have just one unit that could defeat a Monster Zombie.
He's expendable, even the main characters die in zombie movies ;) The Hero unit; Gatling Gals and Mr Tok are good enough to defeat Mon Zoms not to mention Mean Machines if you get them.

JuuL said:
take a look at
Conquests/Civilopedia/Units/X2_HMGBtln-large.pcx. Maybe it could be used as a unit for the Authorities.
thanks I will.

JuuL said:
4: I like the Warehouse, Radio Station etc. wonders, but I think it would be cool if all the buildings had a wonder like that.
I'm sure I could come up with a few more e.g.

The Bank -- The Vault (excellent fortification bonus).
The School -- Canteen (extra food).
The Cinema -- Maybe happiness wonder or Great Library type Wonder if it allows you to watch some horror movies for survival tips.

That leaves the City Car Park; The Airport; The Military Base; The Church & The Old Folks Home. Any ideas?

I tend to approach these with a view to looking at what wonders might fit in with the available flags in the editor, so I'll take a look and see if it spurs my imagination.

That's really, really great looking. I love the texture and colour of the buildings and the roads look really clear.

JuuL said:
Here is some of the new tarrain I've been working on ("Mountains" to the left, Roads to the right). The idea is that the standard grassland is going to be completely covered. The brown soil is just there temporarily, I'm going to add some paths, trees, grass, trash etc.
What do you think, KingArthur?

Movie Ratings is good ... how about
Chiefdom ... Kiddies
Warlord ... General
Regent ... Parential Guidance
Monarch ... Mature
Emperor ... Adults Only
Demigod ... Restricted Viewing
Diety ... Slasher
Sid ... Snuff

EDIT - What about giving Hawking an attack sound from the site I mentioned ... there are 2 electrical discharge sounds?

The Church - Happiness ... god is with us ... etc
City Car Park - Shield Bonus ... due to all the stuff in the cars, petrol, etc
The Airport - happiness ... we can get out of hear if we can flag down a plane ;)
The Military Base - Vet Units or less corruption?
The Old Folks Home - Production Up or More Shields because experience and wisdom of the aged

EDIT: Attack Dog for Company only pants when attacking ... give it a growl :)

KingArthur said:
That's really, really great looking. I love the texture and colour of the buildings and the roads look really clear.
Thanks... I'll try to finish it soon...
About the wonders... I just remembered another reason to have them: The AI rarely (never?) burns a city with a wonder... also, auto-burning of cities with a size of one is disabled.

Top Bottom