Escapist review 17th september

Good grief. Have I not been looking at enough screenies? Look at all that trading post sprawl!! (2minutes 46 seconds)

It's slightly irritating that people are doing "reviews" based on pre-release builds... notice the same city walls display bug that Greg's gameplay video had. But I guess that can't be helped.

Its possible they have played the final build, but they took screenshots from the pre-release build. Though i wonder how much a review would change from pre-release to release. As long as the bugs are eliminated, no?

By this point, it is likely that the gameplay has been finalized, and the only problems are tiny things like city wall graphic bugs, which in all reality has no impact on a review of a game like civilization.

It's slightly irritating that people are doing "reviews" based on pre-release builds... notice the same city walls display bug that Greg's gameplay video had. But I guess that can't be helped.

as was said by elizabeth during the 2k preview that build was as finished as it could get for maybe a few models and some last minute bugs they might encounter.

Not really sure what to make of the isolated red-white cultural borders in the middle of the sea around the 1:00 mark. The nearest red-white city is like 4 or five tiles away and there are no controlled tiles of the same color adjacent to the 5 tiles in the middle of the sea. Figure it must have to do with capturing a city...but at least the destroyer gets to remain in friendly territory...

Another well written review. No real new info but nice regardless.

I like how he mentioned Titan Panel. Titan is a (user created) WoW addon that puts a top bar on your UI that can be packed with a variety of information subcomponents. Usually the components give you lots of info via hover or menu type clicking. I use a similar addon in WoW called Fubar that has the same behavior.

Anyways. I was thinking the same thing when watching Greg hovering during the 2K demo - the top bar in Civ 5's UI reminded me a lot of Fubar/Titan Panel behavior. Good stuff!

The video suppliment is hilarious too.

WOW GDR looks like a MONSTER!!!

I can definitely see these two scenarios playing out

1) AI sends out GDR unsupported, and because of this it gets wiped out by coordinated attacks by planes, artillery, and armour.

2) Noobs thinking that they could wipe out every one of their rivals if only they could get a Giant Death Robot. Instead, the more experienced players in multiplayer or, hopefully, the AI wipes them out with coordinated combined-arms attacks.

Top Bottom