Ethnicae - Mac / PC compatible Mod

Hey I love this mod, but I'm having a problem with the Native American cavalry unit. It won't let me choose any options when I select it in-game, so I checked the Civilopedia, and it doesn't show the model and information, it's just the icon.

Hi everyone :)

Long and busy holidays but nothing involving Civ ... I moved out in another city, had much work to do and times goes by ... Soon Civ 5 and of course, I didn't make my duties with Ethnic Mix Mod or the units I worked on Shame on me ! :D

But today, back on Civ Fanatics ... at last !

Once again, thanks a lot for your comments !

Hey I love this mod, but I'm having a problem with the Native American cavalry unit. It won't let me choose any options when I select it in-game, so I checked the Civilopedia, and it doesn't show the model and information, it's just the icon.

Related to Civilopedia, the Native Cavalry unit is pointing to the basic Cavalry. I didn't write a specific reference.

About the Native Cavalry problem, you are right because I didn't update Ethnic Mix More for a while ... I encountered too this problem. The unit worked fine then, it didn't work at all. That's why I made a brand new set of Native, with corrected files. But, it's a separate set integrated inside my own Ethnic Mod on my computer but not yet uploaded here on Civ Fanatics ...

But soon my friend ;) I will update Ethnic Mix More SOON. Files are almost all cleaned, many units slimmed, and of course, some new units will be there ... :D

In fact, I lost much time to re-write it in a modular way, and I have many problems with that. So, better to wait for Civ V now ... and keeping Ethnic Mix More "non-modular" until I see how units are made in Civ 5 :crazyeye:

Here some pictures of new early Japanese units ... The great conic hat is from Danrell :

Back to you soon ! :lol:

Hey, so these models look pretty great, but I've a problem. Whenever my people go into DEFENSIVE MODE they revert back to their stock model, and it's wierding me out. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Has this been updated recently?

I would like to update it but for this I have to make it modular ... and I still got some problems with this ... Let's say 80% of the job is done but i'm stuck with the 20% for a while and so, I can't release any update as I planned :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can't imagine how frustrated I am ! :confused::(

:cry:

More than one for sure but I have to do step by step ... :mischief:

0 com.aspyr.civ4bts 0x001dd3d2 CvPlayer::getUnitButton(UnitTypes) const + 114

This one is a common one I get when I try to launch Japan ... I re-did all the icons, same method than all the other ones and still get this. I'm puzzled for a so long time about this that I left all this behind for a while :wallbash:

I have too a typo problem. It has changed "by itself" inside the entire game ... Strange indeed since I even don't know where are the typo of Civ ! :mischief:

Did you install Civ 5 ? Is it easier to mod or just different ?

If you are going to give up on this, I'd at least like to get my hands on your new units. So any units you have made for the last two versions I'd like to get.

As far as Civ 5 goes; yeah I have it installed and have played it a few times, I just don't like it (at least not the way it is now) compared to Civ 4, and it is really buggy right now. As far as modding goes; I haven't attempted to mod it at all yet.

I'd love to see what new units you've made recently, please release them! I saw in Capo's LH thread you are working on some leaders too? Could we see a preview? I'm especially interested in the Maori LH, being part Maori myself. Let me know if you need any help getting the moko right.

0 com.aspyr.civ4bts 0x001dd3d2 CvPlayer::getUnitButton(UnitTypes) const + 114

Button crashes like that don't usually happen until the button is needed in the interface, so if Japan is crashing when loaded I'd suggest checking Settlers, Workers, Scouts, Warriors, Animals and any Unique Unit. Check the Palace, Barracks and Unique Building too. The other thing I'd suggest is changing every unit so that they use the same button, one that you know for sure works. If it is still crashing then the issue is elsewhere. If not, then you can restore the buttons a few units at a time til you find (or preferably, don't find) the culprit.

As for Civ5, I tried it out and I am quite unimpressed. It's boring, buggy and the AI is appalling. As for modding it... seems many of the modding tools are limited/broken at the moment from what I read. They use a proprietary format for the leaders so they can't be modded graphically, and neither can building and wonder graphics at the moment. The C++ SDK doesn't exist yet and there's no guide to the Lua API so basically other than XML changes and unit graphics there's not a lot that can modded on Civ5 atm. Given how badly the unmodded game is performing I imagine it will be quite some time before they even start trying to fix all the issues with the modtools.

Also, because the modtools rely on having a Microsoft IDE installed the chances of the modding tools being fully released for the Mac Civ5 are not at all positive. I think it will be many months before it's worth making the switch, if at all.

First, thank you for all these infos about Civ 5 ...

If you are going to give up on this, I'd at least like to get my hands on your new units. So any units you have made for the last two versions I'd like to get.

As far as Civ 5 goes; yeah I have it installed and have played it a few times, I just don't like it (at least not the way it is now) compared to Civ 4, and it is really buggy right now. As far as modding goes; I haven't attempted to mod it at all yet.

hahahahahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are right, I can't give up so easily ;) but these stupid and small problems drive me crazy ! and don't worry, If I can't finish this stupid modular way, I'll post many units. I even will make a thread only for this :D

Button crashes like that don't usually happen until the button is needed in the interface, so if Japan is crashing when loaded I'd suggest checking Settlers, Workers, Scouts, Warriors, Animals and any Unique Unit. Check the Palace, Barracks and Unique Building too. The other thing I'd suggest is changing every unit so that they use the same button, one that you know for sure works. If it is still crashing then the issue is elsewhere. If not, then you can restore the buttons a few units at a time til you find (or preferably, don't find) the culprit.

I know this Xyth ... :crazyeye: I tested these units at first and changed and re-did icons, and so on. When I'm inside the mod ( Thanks god, the mod works at 80% ) I even can put these units in game without any problem. I'm really puzzled.

AlanH explained to me a bit about the meaning of these crashes already, so, I still suppose it's the first units in game which crash ...

And now, I didn't open Civ4 for a while, the typogaphy has changed ! and I even don't know where the typo stuff is located in the game ... :eek: Well, this typo stuff is not important. I worry much more because I still don't find the problem ........

About the units : yes ! I prepare many new units ... :) And a new civ in Ethnicae : Maori :) :) :)

Xyth : I'm very very interested in all facts and names you could give me about Maori !

Thanks guys to be there :D

Great work! but I believe the Korea units are unfortunately extremely 1) a-historical (looks more like Chinese soldiers), 2) lack of detail (relatively speaking of course, but great work nonetheless).
The cavalrymen are beautiful, but I believe the rest need much work.
I've attached a file with images which I believe accurately represent Korean units (of course from a few different periods), and I would truly appreciate if you could adapt these into the game for the sake of historical authenticity (plus they look way cooler).
Thanks a lot, and great mod!
:)

Attachments

• Koreaunits.zip
    690.7 KB · Views: 155
You are absolutely right about Korean uniforms. So thanks a lot for the pictures :) If you have some other pictures, please, again ! :) ( and for any civ units )

But as already mentioned somewhere, my units are not as historical accurate than Bakuel ones for example ;) because I do not always intend to. This is not the first goal of this mod.

If I'm able to make something accurate, I will ! :lol:

Your pictures are great. I mean very usefull. Going to try something with them :)

just a word ...

Hello everyone !

A long time I didn't come around. My apologizes :mischief:

I lost my MacBookPro 6 months ago and I was so mad that I lost the taste ( and the ability ) to play, mod, and so on ... :mischief:

But I'm back now ( with a brand new computer ! :D ) and glad to be there again :D

As I didn't re-install Civilization 4 neither Parallels ( for the modding tools ), I think I won't update anymore my little mods. But stay tuned because I'm going to upload the units of my mod separatly ( like the japanese units ) ;)

As the new modular version of Ethnic Mix Mod has never been finished, if someone wants to play with it and / or finish it, just tell me, I'll post a link for downloading.

Now, I just bought Civilization V ( Campaign Edition - steam free ) and of course, I began to have a look inside. A look only since the SDK tools are not accessible to Mac users of Civilization V :mad:

But I have fun to play Civilization V and everyone at home is a bit mad after me those days ( mmmh ... playing too much ? :crazyeye: )

- - - - - - - - - -

I already did a little something ... A new intro movie, shorter, with a different music ( let's say "Game of Thrones" flavoured ) and multilanguage ( because it is music only ) :lol:

Here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=436011

Hope everyone is fine and have great summer holidays ! Thanks to StrategeOnly who didn't forget my birthday ! Thanks bro :beer:

:coffee:

I already did a little something ... A new intro movie, shorter, with a different music ( let's say "Game of Thrones" flavoured ) and multilanguage ( because it is music only ) :lol:

Here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=436011

:coffee:

Hey, that's for Civ V :p
Anyway, watched it on youtube, and you did a nice job with it!

Now, I just bought Civilization V ( Campaign Edition - steam free ) and of course, I began to have a look inside

Hmm, there is a steam-free version?
Finally some good news :)
Now Civ V only needs a couple more years of development and a few official expansion packs

EDIT: I was happy way too early, I bet this is only for Mac :mad:

EDIT: I was happy way too early, I bet this is only for Mac :mad:

Yep, Mac only. Some small compensation for being constantly 2-3 patches behind, with no multiplayer and no hope of getting any of the SDK ever. Good thing Civ5 is mostly terrible or I'd feel cheated :p

Sad to hear you're moving on Coffee Junkie, thank you for all your great units over the years :)

I'd love to see your units, though, if you're still going to upload them. :)

Yep, Mac only. Some small compensation for being constantly 2-3 patches behind, with no multiplayer and no hope of getting any of the SDK ever

Ehh, yeah I was sure after I posted. Pff. Steam :aargh::gripe:
But this doesn't sound good either :/

Good thing Civ5 is mostly terrible or I'd feel cheated :p

Agreed. Anyway, I still feel cheated :(

Top Bottom