EUI: Can I buy a building after I start building?

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Just trying out EUI for the first time (since the mod so kindly installs it for me). Wasn't sure if this was specific to the mod or not.

EUI makes it much easier to just purchase a building (horray!) but I'm not seeing a buy to buy a building once I've starting building it (boo!).

That is a pretty big feature for me, so was wondering if its just in an odd place that I'm not seeing?

EDIT: Oh I found my answer, you have to cancel the building, then buy it, then put the building back. Weird, but still cleaner than the normal interface (buying things in the normal interface is so tedious!)

Just trying out EUI for the first time (since the mod so kindly installs it for me). Wasn't sure if this was specific to the mod or not.

EUI makes it much easier to just purchase a building (horray!) but I'm not seeing a buy to buy a building once I've starting building it (boo!).

That is a pretty big feature for me, so was wondering if its just in an odd place that I'm not seeing?

I use EUI with just the CP (so I'm not sure if this works differently with the CBO) and I just remove the building from my build queue and then purchase it from the list. The price shows up discounted based on how much production had already been completed.

I use EUI with just the CP (so I'm not sure if this works differently with the CBO) and I just remove the building from my build queue and then purchase it from the list. The price shows up discounted based on how much production had already been completed.

@Stalker, Glad you asked, I assumed you just couldn't invest. This solution isn't by any means evident.

When Venice puppets can't invest in the buildings they are currently building feels bad.

And they love building something like Hotels for 30+ turns while not having even a Forge.

It would be a nifty QOL change if the thing we were building currently had an invest button.

It'd be cool to be able to pay the difference on under-construction units, too, since my mouth is open.

It would be a nifty QOL change if the thing we were building currently had an invest button.

I don't edit EUI anymore, I hate it. If someone else wants to fix the missing invest button, by all means

It'd be cool to be able to pay the difference on under-construction units, too, since my mouth is open.

Kinda exploity and hard to rework for AI.

G

And they love building something like Hotels for 30+ turns while not having even a Forge.

It's not a perfect solution, but Venice can actually rearrange the production queue in puppets (at least with EUI, I never used the queue w/o it), so you can continually invest in buildings you want to build before the late-game building and keep pushing it back in the queue.

I don't edit EUI anymore, I hate it. If someone else wants to fix the missing invest button, by all means

G

As discussed in a thread related to my cityview modmod
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14384264&postcount=36

I am planning to look at this and try to do it (and I am confident I manage) - only problem for those eager to have it, I am on holidays currently so I only do work on this rather irregularly, so if anyone feels like doing it, I am also happy to just incorporate it into the improved city view mod mod. :)

Interestingly, I have noticed that - in EUI - when you click on the gold button to 'invest' in a building now, it doesn't seem to remove the button or adjust the building production cost like it used to. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not sure when it started, or what caused it, as I haven't touched that code.

I've also noticed that EUI isn't updating happiness in the top panel when something during your turn changes your happiness (i.e. you send a TR to an isolated city or make a garrison or something). Anyone else noticed this?

Trying to see if this is an issue with my EUI or not. Thanks!

G

@G: In my opinion, this is as old as I am playing Vox Populi (CP/CBP). The investment thing is really confusing and the happiness thing is sometimes also very confusing, because you don't link an event with a change in happiness..

Interestingly, I have noticed that - in EUI - when you click on the gold button to 'invest' in a building now, it doesn't seem to remove the button or adjust the building production cost like it used to. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not sure when it started, or what caused it, as I haven't touched that code.

I've also noticed that EUI isn't updating happiness in the top panel when something during your turn changes your happiness (i.e. you send a TR to an isolated city or make a garrison or something). Anyone else noticed this?

G

About the gold investment, it happen half the time, sometimes it instantly display the new turn count, otherwise I have to start production to see changes

About happiness, usually mouse over the city banner "refresh" the happiness count, or click the city works too

but what I noticed is that city connection doesn't apply on the same turn we finish a road/ build a lighthouse/harbor, if I'm not mistaken, I remember city connection to apply in same turn in vanilla game.
Is this intended? because isolation can be heavy on newly captured city for example

G

I have definitely noticed investing with EUI doesn't adjust the production cost right away.

G
I usually have to force it to refresh in order to get it to show. Usually by starting and cancelling building, or by leaving city interface and coming back.

@G: In my opinion, this is as old as I am playing Vox Populi (CP/CBP). The investment thing is really confusing and the happiness thing is sometimes also very confusing, because you don't link an event with a change in happiness..

About the gold investment, it happen half the time, sometimes it instantly display the new turn count, otherwise I have to start production to see changes

About happiness, usually mouse over the city banner "refresh" the happiness count, or click the city works too

but what I noticed is that city connection doesn't apply on the same turn we finish a road/ build a lighthouse/harbor, if I'm not mistaken, I remember city connection to apply in same turn in vanilla game.
Is this intended? because isolation can be heavy on newly captured city for example

I have definitely noticed investing with EUI doesn't adjust the production cost right away.

I usually have to force it to refresh in order to get it to show. Usually by starting and cancelling building, or by leaving city interface and coming back.

It used to work just fine, and my changes to EUI have not changed. So I'm guessing it is a 'feature' that bc1 added in one of the latest versions. Sigh...

G

It used to work just fine, and my changes to EUI have not changed. So I'm guessing it is a 'feature' that bc1 added in one of the latest versions. Sigh...

G

Maybe, it's to reduce lag? By delaying the timer to refresh a value and such?

G

I am not sure if we are all talking about the same thing, but for me the building production progress (and turns left in the city banner) after an investment usually updates only after exiting and reentering the city screen - sometimes I have to do it twice or wait for the next turn. Note that I am playing without EUI. It has been like this for me since the investment mechanics have been introduced. I think I reported it, but got no response from anyone, so I thought it was just me. That was before GitHub, and I got used to it.

G

I started to look into this and I now understand your lack of enthusiasm ...

I managed to do the .xml part (that was rather easy), but adjusting the lua stuff is not really fun. Anyway, I attach a screen for the current visual.

- I decided for now not to include the optional faith button as the situations in which this might turn out useful are really rare;
- I changed the size and position of the text in the first item so that it fits;
- the remaining items fit more or less with some minimal "vertical" overlap for building projects with long names.

Of course, if all works out, the button will be optional and showing the right amount.

Any comments or suggestions on the layout are welcome.

Attachments

• 20160814145710_1.jpg
    20160814145710_1.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom