Europa Universalis III.

Does fighting rebels increase tradition? In my Spain game I have War College, an advisor, and the national idea for a total of 2.6% and a grand total of -0.4% a year, but even when I spend 20 years getting rid of massive BB it still seems to go up.

Uh, it's the same per-year bonus, 1% from each. :crazyeye:

Well the war college seems to do nothing where as with the national idea for Land Tradition I had a lot of tradition (dif games)

Well the war college seems to do nothing where as with the national idea for Land Tradition I had a lot of tradition (dif games)

They do exactly the same thing.

War College = +1.0 Army Tradition
Battlefield Traditions = +1.0 Army Tradition

Does anyone know how to change flags? I'm trying to change the scandanavian flag to that of Sweden (as I started as Sweden and dislike the yellow background with red cross, and the Three Crowns makes more sense when Denmark Norway and Sweden are unified).

I've renamed the sca flag to backscaup and copy pasted the swedish flag to my desktop, renamed it sca and put it in the folder in the main EUIII folder. I have the handdrawn map mod which is it's own modfolder, and I put the flag in there too but nothing seems to work.

Sorry PS, I have no idea, could try asking on the paradox forums.

My news - I just got the game yesterday and will probably play my first game tonight. Any advice on the country for an experienced EU2 player who is just starting?

Does anyone know how to change flags? I'm trying to change the scandanavian flag to that of Sweden (as I started as Sweden and dislike the yellow background with red cross, and the Three Crowns makes more sense when Denmark Norway and Sweden are unified).

I've renamed the sca flag to backscaup and copy pasted the swedish flag to my desktop, renamed it sca and put it in the folder in the main EUIII folder. I have the handdrawn map mod which is it's own modfolder, and I put the flag in there too but nothing seems to work.

I've had no issue with changing the flags, and I use the same mod. You didn't change the file extension did you? Needs to be .tga

My news - I just got the game yesterday and will probably play my first game tonight. Any advice on the country for an experienced EU2 player who is just starting?
I dun know how EU2 works, but all I can say is to keep a tight leash on your merchants and trade system in general - don't autosend them, do it yourself - and be aware that the historical event system is a lot less specific now than it used to be.

Thanks to a certain someone :mischief:

I dun know how EU2 works, but all I can say is to keep a tight leash on your merchants and trade system in general - don't autosend them, do it yourself - and be aware that the historical event system is a lot less specific now than it used to be.

I use autosend, at least, when it's obvious that my guys are usually winning. What's your reason for not using it? Maybe I'll learn something. I guess if they keep getting booted out you'll be wasting them and your money.

I use auto-send, but only if my money situation is doing fine as it is. I adore the 'priority' slider for each trade centre, allows me some control without having to go into total micro-managing of my merchants like in EU2.

I use autosend, at least, when it's obvious that my guys are usually winning. What's your reason for not using it? Maybe I'll learn something. I guess if they keep getting booted out you'll be wasting them and your money.
The CoT page is even better with details of all CoT...
This. I spend a significant amount of time looking at the percent chance of merchant success, the cost of sending a merchant, and the amount of money in the CoT. The ledger is a really great way to do that quickly, and I've found that I can generate obscene amounts of cash by handling this myself.

Top Bottom