Europe 77x66 TSL by matros:

matros

Chieftain
UPDATE 14 MAY 2011 - VERSION 2.0

Europe (+ North Africa and Middle East) map with 10 playable civs and 12 city states.

Playable civs include:

- England
- France
- Rome
- Germany
- Greece
- Otomans
- Russia
- Egypt
- Spain NEW
- Danmark NEW

List of city states: Dublin, Helsinki, Stockholm, Brussels, Monaco, Warsaw, Vienna, Venice, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest, Tyre.

I didn't use all the European city states, because some parts of the map would be too crowded and/or there wouldn't be enough space for civs to develop. Also, I changed the starting location of Egypt (now starts at Cairo instead of Thebes) and Russia (now starts at Kiev instead of Moscow). Resources are all manually placed - I tried it be accurate but also balanced at the same time.

You are welcomed to use and/or modify this map in any way you like. Credit would be nice though.

Enjoy!

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15700

i cant download this map...it tell's me that i dont have enough privilegies to download it... =/

On the download page, it says "This file is in the moderation queue". I guess it cannot be downloaded before a moderator aproves it or something... :confused:

hello, no download possible :(

Yes, I know.

This is the first time I have posted a file on civfanatics, so I wasn't aware that the file will not be available for download for another couple of days (until a moderator approves it). Next time, I will wait with posting in the forum, until it has been approved.

However, I must say that I am disappointed that it s been 5 days and the file is still not approved... What are you mods waiting for? ;)

There are tons of new files to be approved.

I'm not sure exactly what the process is to approve somebody, but it must not be the fastest thing in the world.

The map can now finally be downloaded. Enjoy!

great size of the map! cant stand those exta huge Europe maps, impossible to be settled. but: why does research take forever?

I really like the look of this map. Perfect size. I don't suppose there's any chance that Spain and Denmark will be included?

Also, won't Russia be quite overpowered on this map with all the lands it has to its disposal?

I really like the look of this map. Perfect size. I don't suppose there's any chance that Spain and Denmark will be included?

Also, won't Russia be quite overpowered on this map with all the lands it has to its disposal?

I posted an update of the map - the file is now in the moderation queue so keep watching :) I also fixed the problem with research (mentioned in a post above) and other small issues and removed Geneva (France was too weak), Ragusa (Greeks were too weak), Oslo and Copenhagen (for obvious reasons).

I haven't tested the map after I added Denmark (I am just going to), so I don't know how that will change the balance...

As regards the Russians, I tried tu cut the map very early on the East, so they wouldn't have too much space (that is also the reason why they start in Kiev). In my games, they were usually one of the strongest but I wouldn't say they are overpowered.

Nice, will definitely give this a whirl.

Denmark does seem to be in for a rough start on it's small island. I quick fix could be to rename it to Scandinavia and place it's capital in Oslo instead, thus giving it a better start with some more room to grow.

I like it , and will probably tinker with it myself a little bit.

Some things I would change:
- Give Egypt a far better start. I'd add a wheat, and an incense, maybe a marble
- In general, I'd make sure that each start position has 2 luxuries, if possible.
- Add a lot more oil. There's only roughly 20 oil available in about 6 oil fields total, which also are heavily concentrated geographically. Liberally sprinkle small oil fields in the North Sea, southern Russia and Libya.
- put resources on each tile of Copenhagen's island that's not settled. Probably cow and a luxury. Add an extra fish as well. Being stuck on a 4 tile island is rough, so Denmark can use all the help it can get.
- Add more natural wonders. Just one is a bit sad, especially for Spain. Other Europe maps can be used as inspiration for which wonders can be placed in which position. I'd probably stick to putting Mt Fuji in the Alps, the Grand Mesa in the Levant somehwere, and the barrier reef to double up as the Wadden sea right North of Brussels, hugging the coast as closely a possible.
-Elongate Crete by one tile, add fish on the other side of the island too.

Maybe more, I'll let you know after a game or two.

Western Africa is too empty. You could put Carthage as a CS (Militaristic) or as a Civ (Arabia or Songhai, obviously renamed).

Anyway, really nice, I think I'll play it soon. ;)

Top Bottom