Europe: From Rome to Revolution

Whilst stealing Art from the EE3 Mod something's gone wrong. Now the Mod CTDs in-game and the art files are all wrong. I can fix it, but I might have to push back the release date. On a plus note, rebuilding the mod from scratch means I can remove unnecessary stuff and reorganise it in a better manner.

Ah, the beauty of the Summer holidays is that I have plenty of time to spend modding. The files are now all fixed, though some of the art is a bit crazy. But it is now in a semi-playable state.

Almost all done with Savoy, just gotta put in the grenadier art for the carabinieri. Someone said they would do up unit graphics for the carabinieri, so the grenadier art is just a placeholder.

I should be able to up it for you today when I get home from work. Everything else seemed to work out.

Almost all done with Savoy, just gotta put in the grenadier art for the carabinieri. Someone said they would do up unit graphics for the carabinieri, so the grenadier art is just a placeholder.

I should be able to up it for you today when I get home from work. Everything else seemed to work out.

Fantastic news. I'll be able to start working on scenarios in a few days then.

Savoy's now included.

Does anyone know of any way to make a Technology require a certain building as a prerequisite? I wish for the Italian Renaissance to require Italian Ethnicity in at least one city but I don't know how to. At the moment I'm just going to use another Technology that's unresearchable and give it to Italian Civs that allows the Italian Renaissance.

Savoy's now included.

Does anyone know of any way to make a Technology require a certain building as a prerequisite? I wish for the Italian Renaissance to require Italian Ethnicity in at least one city but I don't know how to. At the moment I'm just going to use another Technology that's unresearchable and give it to Italian Civs that allows the Italian Renaissance.
Did you look in the modiwiki xml descriptions? Seems like it might not be in there, but maybe... and if not, there are certainly people here who can handle that type of coding (not me!)

Did you look in the modiwiki xml descriptions? Seems like it might not be in there, but maybe... and if not, there are certainly people here who can handle that type of coding (not me!)

I checked the Wiki but it didn't say there was a way too. I think I'll just have to enable it only for certain Civs.

I know how to do it, but again, requires SDK work.

Montezuma made a modcomp named Secret Technology that lets you assign a tech to a building or wonder (like building Stonehenge gives you polytheism for example). You could make it give you the Renaissance tech or an intermediate tech that leads to the Renaissance one.

I checked the Wiki but it didn't say there was a way too. I think I'll just have to enable it only for certain Civs.

Oh.
Hey, btw, flying pig finished the Carabinieri if you want to DL it. Its in the unique unit request thread, as an attachment called "redcoat" (which tells you which animation to use).

I know how to do it, but again, requires SDK work.

Montezuma made a modcomp named Secret Technology that lets you assign a tech to a building or wonder (like building Stonehenge gives you polytheism for example). You could make it give you the Renaissance tech or an intermediate tech that leads to the Renaissance one.

Bah, it's not worth it.

Oh.
Hey, btw, flying pig finished the Carabinieri if you want to DL it. Its in the unique unit request thread, as an attachment called "redcoat" (which tells you which animation to use).

Okay, cheers. I'll be downloading it soon.

UPDATE - Sorry that you haven't heard from this in a while. I am making progress with this but I might not have it out before the 25th August (when I'll be going to Scotland). If I don't make that deadline then this'll be really slowed as I won't have much free time for ages. However, I'll do my best to give you something before I go.

I'm afraid I won't have a release before I leave tomorrow. There's still so much work to do. I've got it all prepared but not merged together. Sadly I won't b doig any work on it for the next two weeks and after that I'll only be working evenings but I'm desperate to make up for the lost time as soon as I get back.

If you have any ideas for this Mod (even though it isn't released yet) please leave comments. I won't be answering them but anyone else who visits this thread might discuss them until I get back.

Sorry I don't have a preview for you. I had more work than I anticipated today so I never managed to get round to it.

Hey, don't worry, it's no big deal. It's only two weeks. Besides, that makes anticipation build, so playing the mod is sweeter when it is released.So go on, everyone needs a vacation (we wont hold it against you), enjoy yourself. I wish you the best.

Lean

I'm back, works slowly starting again. I'll try and be as quick as possible but m personal life is hell at present.

Personal life can be a pain, but don't sweat it, personal life comes before Civving, so take care of what you need to before you work on this. I'm sure we all understand. I hope everything works out.

I'm now back to working on this frequently. I've given up trying to give you guys a release date but I promise you it's on it's way.

Good news and bad news, folks.

Bad News: RevDCM has been causing too much instability recently and left the mod in a state of total unplayability. As such I've decided to remove it.

Good News: The mod now uses CAR Mod, but allows 40 Civs. Despite a large number of players in some scenarios the turn times won't kill you all.

Very Good News: Now that I'm no longer fighting RevDCM and trying to make everything work alongside it I can now focus on other parts of the modding. Work is speeding up.

Not to be pushy... but, ETA?

The first Beta release might (and I stress that) be out within a week. However don't expect all the features. The main thing this will include is regional recruitment. I'll follow it up with more Beta Releases that add other features planned for this. Then I'll move onto the full-blown mod. The Beta will have a few Scenarios (one based on my old Europe Through The Ages Scenario plus some historical ones).

If anyone wishes to help then suggest Medieval/Renaissance Units from central Europe for my recruiting system. At the moment I'm rebuilding Italy from my old RevDCM files.

Top Bottom