Europe: From Rome to Revolution

by central europe you mean...
germany, austria, italy, swiss?
or wider... czech, slovenia...

by central europe you mean...
germany, austria, italy, swiss?
or wider... czech, slovenia...

The map stretches from southern Britain in the North-West, Lithuania in the North-East, Greece in the South-East and Algeria in the South-West. It includes all of those that you mentioned, and more.

Ok, well, for Italian language based units you have fanteria (infantry), cavaliere (knight), granatiere (grenadier), tercio (also in spanish, pikemen), condottiere (late renaissance italian infantry)...
just for a few

Ok, well, for Italian language based units you have fanteria (infantry), cavaliere (knight), granatiere (grenadier), tercio (also in spanish, pikemen), condottiere (late renaissance italian infantry)...
just for a few

Anything particularly special about them (except for Tercios, I know of them)?

The condottiere were basically a class of mercenary/nobles, and comprised many of the finest generals of the age... often employed by Venezia and the others in N. Italy.
They could very conceivable be a sort of unique unit actually.
The others, except for tercios, are more of a general translation of types of units.

The condottiere were basically a class of mercenary/nobles, and comprised many of the finest generals of the age... often employed by Venezia and the others in N. Italy.
They could very conceivable be a sort of unique unit actually.
The others, except for tercios, are more of a general translation of types of units.

The Condottiere are perfect for the Italian Renaissance Feature of my Mod.

Just posting to make sure people know this isn't dead. I'm just drowning under the sea of research involved in making Regional Units. I promise a release soon (though it'll be fairly basic).

Take you time to do it right, I would say. Its not like there is another Civ coming out soon...

Take you time to do it right, I would say. Its not like there is another Civ coming out soon...

But considering the original release date for the Beta was late August, I'm pretty unhappy. Right now all I won't to do is get the Regional Recruitment tested and balanced.

Oh yeah... that's alright. These things take time, and real life trumps (except in game design, where coding trumps).

nutnut!

?Donde estas?

Any progress? Or did you have a "set back" like I always seem to get while researching BW on Monarch or higher?

?Donde estas?

Trabajo en el modificacion es muy lente porque mi escuela quiere 'to take over every second of my free time' (my Spanish has gotten worse since I moved to Spain). I've got a massive project due in next month plus a couple of essays a week so I decided to hold back any modding until the Christmas Holidays where, as I'm not going anywhere, I'll have plenty of time to mod. However, that does mean that no more work will be done on this until December 18th. If my schedule is completely free then I hope to have the beta out by Christmas, plus a couple of updates before the holidays end. Throughout the rest of the academic year I should have much more free time as most of my schoolwork will be over (no project, less assessments, etc), so by the time it's Summer I hope to have all the major features of the mod plus quite a few scenarios available for all of you to play. Don't worry, I've gone nowhere and neither has the mod, it's my free time that seems to have disappeared.

:)
Ok, just making sure

Let me know if you need anything else... btw, most of the civs I sent you have now been updated (some of them pretty significantly)

("todos de los secondos del mi tiempo libero"... ? maybe that's it? I speak Italian way better than I speak spanish, so I may be mixing in some Italian there subconsciously to fill the blanks)

:)
Ok, just making sure

Let me know if you need anything else... btw, most of the civs I sent you have now been updated (some of them pretty significantly)

("todos de los secondos del mi tiempo libero"... ? maybe that's it? I speak Italian way better than I speak spanish, so I may be mixing in some Italian there subconsciously to fill the blanks)

I'll be sure to check them out sometime.

Todos de los secondos de mi tiempo libre perhaps?

hey there! this map would be the best one i ve played... so many civs :)... but: is there a hope? are you still working on it?

peace

Foolish me thought I'd have spare time over the Christmas Holidays, but it ain't so. Now I just don't know when I'll have the time to work on this. I have made some very slow, quite steady (1-2 hours a week), progress since my last post in this thread. I'll keep on doing bits of work on this here and there. One day this will be released, but not for a very long time.

If you want a Europe map with lots of Civs I can do that in a few hours work. PM me with what you want (no more than 40 Civs, though).

is there any more work being done on this mod? it sounds exactly what I'm looking for, oh well

Ya, Is this mod dead? Because it said that Beta 1 would be out before Christmas, and judging that we are one month into 2011, I'm guessing work on this mod has stopped? Is this correct?

Top Bottom