<City>Paterno</City>
<City>Velletri</City>
<City>Ancona</City>
<City>Pesaro</City>
<City>Montefeltro</City>
<City>Spoleto</City>
<City>Foligno</City>
</Cities>

I'd guess anyone who didn't make the list of included civs could be a candidate... Finns, Laps, Avars, Alans, Cumens, Patzinaks (sic), etc. I'd stay away from those traditionally thought as part of Christiandom, such as Germanics who settled before the mod start, or close to it (no Burgundians, for instance). Still, rather a judgement call.

I'd guess anyone who didn't make the list of included civs could be a candidate... Finns, Laps, Avars, Alans, Cumens, Patzinaks (sic), etc. I'd stay away from those traditionally thought as part of Christiandom, such as Germanics who settled before the mod start, or close to it (no Burgundians, for instance). Still, rather a judgement call.

I'll do it over Christmas.

And the rest of the UUs:
Lithuania : Cossack Mercenary : Light Cavalry with +50&#37; city attack
Slavs : Vlachs Halberdier : Halberdier with +1 str, signifigantly reduced cost

I'm basically done, the new version should be released tomorrow.

And the rest of the UUs:
Lithuania : Cossack Mercenary : Light Cavalry with +50% city attack
Slavs : Vlachs Halberdier : Halberdier with +1 str, signifigantly reduced cost

I'm basically done, the new version should be released tomorrow.

Just my opinion, but I think Lithuania would be more likely to use Tatar mercenaries.

Considering tomorrow's release, do you still need the barb city list?

Ok, I tested out the mod after putting all of the UUs in and it came up with this message:

I've been searching through the files looking for the answer for about an hour and a half, but I can't for the life of me figure it out! Everything in the mod works despite the error, but I still need to have it fixed just in case. It would have had to of come from something UU related since that's the only thing I touched between tests. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Can you upload the file in question? Maybe someone can look at it and discover an error.

Just to let you know, I'm not one who could do that. :)

What sort of error would we be looking for? If it's some sort of programming error, or something else as esoteric, I can't help much, but if a spelling error is likely, I can certainly check that sort of thing out, and once I figure out how the entries are made, I can check for missing characters like / or >...

More than likely it's a spelling error, but the strange part is that there are no problems at all in game. All units are there, with all of their art correctly, and every civilization does have these new units as unique units.

And the new version should be up within the hour, despite the error.

Downloaded the new version. Looking good. Just did a quick AIautoplay to see how it goes. Excellent.

Not much time in the next day to test/look at it, but will do so as soon as possible.

One thing, I see you're including AIautoplay... which is good, but you may wish to include the newer version as it does not have popups.

One other thing... not all the Sailing Ship class units have the benefits in defense versus Galley Types... only the Cog has all of the bonuses. Others have them to a lesser degree, or not at all.

I think you've solved the barbarian problem... did you get rid of barbarian horse archers altogether? I noticed that they were building mostly Archers initially, and then swordsmen. Anyhow, they've now back to being merely a nuisance, and not a destroyer of civs. Good work.

As I mentioned, I'll do more testing and playing in the near future. Well done.

My next goal is to get my own scenario working with the new version, and to start working on civilpedia entries for the various units starting with the naval units, and moving from there.

Top Bottom