Event handler bug, non-SVN

Noxomanus

Chieftain
First: I deeply appreciate all the work you modders have put in to create and improve Caveman2Cosmos, it has already given me years of pleasure playing this game now.

Just recently, I upgraded to v39 from v38.5 and I also downloaded the Interface Overhaul modmod. And while it works, it doesn't work properly. I cannot open the CivicsAdvisor screen anymore (and F3 only lets me adjust the sound, not open the Civics window) and I keep getting these eventmanager errors. While I already searched for help here and discovered that it has something to do with Python, for the life of me I can't understand what exactly I need to do to fix the problem. I don't use Tortoise so I can't use that program to clean up the folder, as I apparently should, nor do I use the SVN version. I don't know anything about programming myself. What should I do to get my game properly running again?

The messages I see keep showing me this, for example:
15:24:38 TRACE: Error in Init event handler <bound method BugEventManager.onInit of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x0DFD9FA8>>
15:24:38 TRACE: [Errno 13] Permission denied: "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\2K Games\\Firaxis Games\\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\\Beyond the Sword\\Mods\\Caveman2Cosmos\\UserSettings"

The latter seems weird because, according to the thread for InterfaceOverhaul, I should delete UserSettings and I did, but now the game seems to want to use a non-existent folder anyway.

I have uploaded the log file in the attachment.

Major thanks if this can be fixed, I would love to keep playing this amazing mod.

Attachments

• PythonErr.docx
    15.9 KB · Views: 80
1. Look in this folder: C:\\Program Files (x86)\\2K Games\\Firaxis Games\\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\\Beyond the Sword
There should be a file named Civ4BeyondSword.exe there.​
2. Right click Civ4BeyondSword.exe, and select "properties" in the context menu.
3. Go to the compatibility tab.
4. Check the box for "Run this program as an administrator".

Problem fixed.

Far too late for me to reply, but thanks! It was indeed that simple and my game has worked swimmingly afterwards.

Top Bottom