Everyone01: the different SG

Syntherio

Prince
Welcome to Everyones SG No.1

This game is different from other SGs. No Rooster :)
Everyone who wants it, can have it. The idea: "Player A" made his turns, took screenshots, logged the events and made his write-up. He posts it in this thread and attach the savegame to it. Another player who wants to play the next turns write a reply. The first player who responses to "Player A", can download and play it. Now he is "Player A".

Easy? Easy. But a few rules are necessary:
Being a Sucessor
Post a Reply if you want to play the next ten turns.
After posting, check if you are the first one, who replied.
If you are the first one, you are the legitimated Sucessor: download the savegame.
Play the savegame immediately after the download (max. 30 minutes after). This will help to avoid delay.

Playing the game
Log all events and describe them in a summary. Screenshots are nice.
Play only ten turns. In the end of turn 10 (before pressing ENTER), save the game and post it in this thread.

Posting in this thread
Everybody play for himself. No democratic decisions like "where should I found the city?" Every player represents a historic leader, or a dinasty: You can go on with the strategy of your predecessor or you can make something completly different - your decision. The only time you can make suggestions on the next turns or the strategy, is when you finished your ten turns and write your summary.
Make it possible for other players to participate in this game. So: Every single player must not play more then once per day. An exception can be made, when at least one hour after the latest savegame nobody else wants to go on with the game.

If everyone take this rules into consideration, then we have a nice (and fast) game, I hope.

Leader: Gandhi
Difficulty: Prince
Mapscript: Shuffle
World Size: Standard
Gamespeed: Normal

The first 10 turns:

Research: I went for Polytheism

The capital Alphaville is a nice place with Rice, Cattle and Floodplains

Turn 1: 4000 BC
  • Alphaville has been founded
  • started warrior
  • started research of Polytheism
Turn 5: 3840 BC - Popped a hut and received 103 gold
Turn 9: 3680 BC - warrior finished in Alphaville, I started another one.

After turn 10:

The red circles from left to right: warrior, hut, warrior

Notes: In the NE and in the W is Water... Maybe a small continent?
3 turns to go until polytheism, after that agriculture and a fast worker?

Edit: I add the history of our empire in a historian-style:
Around 4000 BC the oldest city of the indian empire was founded by a Warriorlord named Al-Kal-Synt. Not very much is known about this man, but he spend some time with exploring the surrounding land and enslaves a tribal folk with a small army. Beside the foundation of our beloved capital, he iniciated a druidic cult to praise the sun and trained our ancestors to be great warriors.

The achievements of Jack the Tyrant were numerous. He rises as a warrior and showed his power, by "convincing" natives to spend him gold and other wealth. Those people gave him the name, he was known as. He made contact to the Japanese people and agreed to a peace treaty. Also Jack the Tyrant is known for his love to hinduism. He made it State Religion and started the building of a great worshipping area named "Stonehenge". But a few years later this project was stopped, in favour of a special training-program for workers and farmers.

Syntherol, the henpecked husband, was the son of a mighty warrior, but he was interested mainly in farming and housework. He perfected the farmer-training-program of Jack the Tyrant, but most of the stories the people told about him were jokes. The indian army in the north discovered his lack of military planning, when they were defeated by bloodlusting panther-like beasts.

Sounds like fun, I'll play when I get back home in a few hours. How do you take screenshots in game? And how do you post the file to the board? Do you have to upload it somewhere else first?

JackTheRipper said:
How do you take screenshots in game?
There should be a button on your keyboard.

And how do you post the file to the board? Do you have to upload it somewhere else first?
After you press "post reply" scroll down and under "Additional Options" you can find a button named "Manage Attachements". Then you can attach the file to your post.

There should be a button on your keyboard.

to clarify the button is usually labeled 'prtsc' (print screen). This loads the screenshot of any windows application onto the clipboard, just like a Ctrl+C copy in a word processor.

You could then open up paint and Ctrl+V paste it in.

Alternately, Civ puts 'prtsc' images into the screenshots folder in My Games. This is less reliable. Many get lost and, for some reason, they don't work in the diplo screen.

Happy hunting.

I 3600 BC First lion spotting!

II 3560 BC Villagers kindly give the Indian Kingdom 47 gold

III 3520 Discovered Polytheism, converted to Hinduisim immediately, started researching Agriculture

V 3440 We are not alone! Tokugawa of the Japenese resides somewhere to the north

VI 3400 3rd warrior completed, work has begun on Stonehenge

VII 3360 Warrior survives wolf attack without a scratch!

IX 3280 Even more lions!!

X 3240 Production changed to fast worker. The known world:

Jack the Tyrant leads no India no longer.

View attachment 125031

Attachments

• Lions!.JPG
    Lions!.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 170
  • More Lions!!.JPG
    More Lions!!.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Known World.JPG
    Known World.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 166
The reign of Syntherol, the henpecked husband:

I 3200 BC
  • The South-East-Warrior defeats a lion
  • Agriculture was discovered, next is Animal Husbandry
III 3120 BC
  • two panthers attack the northern warrior, he wins and is promoted
IV 3080 BC
  • the border of Alphaville expands
V 3040 BC
  • another panther comes along and kills the northern warrior
X 2840 BC
  • fast worker finished, send him to the ricefield

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 108
I've got the next turn set. Report to follow. This is a great format, BTW.

And away we go:

It turns out Syntherio wasn't really an Indian, instead he was some sort of robot imposter. (The glowing red eye gave him away.) So the Indian people revolted against their robot overlords and formed an automonous collective. Mike P ended up drawing the short straw and was forced to make executive decisions.

2840 BC I switched one tile from flood plains to plains/forest. If we're going to finish Stonehenge, we need more than 1 hammer per turn because +50% (for industrious) of 1 is still 1.

2680 BC: Animal husbandry completed - horses available to the south, and we start bronze working

2600 BC: Our warrior gets eaten by lions.

2440 BC: Mike P eats exotic fungus and is no longer fit to lead the Indians. Mostly he just pressed enter anyway.

Here's the world as we know it. I used my advanced photoshop skills to indicate a decent spot for our next city, with horses, wheat, and furs. Though expanding north is probably a better idea initially anyway. Those Japanese people talk funny and we should attack them one of these days.

Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

And here's the save:

View attachment 125082

Edited to add: actually, that's a crap location for a city, the furs arent even in the fat cross. Serves the Indians right for having a drunk for a rulerrrrr.

I played again:

Turn III 2320 BC:
  • researched Bronze Working
  • started Research of Iron Working
  • changed to slavery
Turn VII 2160 BC:
  • finished Stonehenge
  • started settler

the source of copper is really in a bad location I think. Thats the reason why I went for Iron Working. I dotted some possible locations for the settler:
The purple one is our capital.
The red one would be an aggressive one, towards the Japanese and with the chance to discover iron in the western hills.
The green and the blue one are for horses.
And the orange is a bad location, but would us give copper

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 90
i cant access the game it keeps on saying that it has been encrpted to protect the assets in my mod folder

I have checked the "Lock modified assets"-option, when started the game. Do you have modified .xml- or .py-files? I am not sure, but maybe thats the reason, why you cannot play it...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3997410&postcount=15
McLMan said:
I got the "protected assets" message when trying to open the save. The only thing I had done that could have changed anything was use Civ Scale. I ran Civ-Scale again, set everything back to "original settings" and then the Save opened fine.
Maybe this solves the problem? I am confused, that only just a few people want to play this format... Something wrong with it?

1920BC Settler finished, began warrior. I move the settler, accompanied by a warrior, toward SE to get Horses, Beaver and Wheat. It was a close decision with going for the Copper, but I will quickly get another Settler in production. There is a barbarian down there so I will be careful.

Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

1880BC Warrior finished, began another Warrior.

1800BC Warrior finished, began Settler.

1760BC Warrior killed by the Barbarian while on a hill. :cry: Settler forced to retreat. Another Barbarian appears and I switch production to another warrior. May need to grab the copper first. Worker finishes Farm.

1600BC Warrior finished, Settler production resumes.

1640BC Betaville founded, begins work on Barracks. Worker begins mining Copper.

Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

View attachment 126291

"After the build of Betaville, guerillaleader Asperge is furious. The King should have build it two tiles north, he shouts, then it would have had fresh water and enough food ! Asperge organizes a revolt and after a bloody battle he crowned himself as King. "

turn 0 : "enter" (401 turns left, i will play till 390 turns left)

turn 1 : Ironworking comes in, iron is found in the western desert and in the southeast. Research The Wheel.

turn 2 : Barbs in the south, i interrupt settler making to make extra warrior.

turn 4 : Warrior ready, goes to the south.

turn 6 : Settler ready > fast worker. Settler goes south.

turn 7 : Warrior south on hill defeats barb. Wheel in, research of Pottery.

turn 8 : Delhi founded, claiming furs, horses and wheat.

turn 9 : Fast worker ready > fast worker

"Followers of the last king now blame Asperge for neglecting the army and not scouting the north. Asperge was murdered by a sergeant in 1200 BC, but will there stand up a new strong and wise leader ???."

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 102
Ngraner resumes rule of the Indians and admits Barbarian paranoia leading to settling next to the Copper.

Research:. Pottery, Writing, Fishing underway.

Alphaville: Worker, Settler, Axeman underway

Betaville: Barracks, Granary started, but switched to Axeman - had to pop rush the Axeman to stop a barbarian and save the city. The Axeman was successful and received an promotion against melee units.

Tokyo is founded nearby. Indian government officials are not happy with this impediment to their expansion.

Everyone 875BC.JPG

View attachment 126411

Note: sorry about the oops - I accidentally moved the second warrior out of alphaville.

Top Bottom