Ewok Unit

coolcosh

Chieftain
I am making an ewok unit hopefully for the star wars mod. i cant switch the weapon hand so when he attacks to the right, he's a lefty. i only have the attack animation but will post the rest as i finish. please give me feedback

here is a preview:

Attachments

• ewok.gif
    ewok.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 199
does anyone know how to incorperate civ specific colors?

Looks great... About civ-specific colors... if you look at the color palette the first 20? colors usually blue, will change to whatever color the civilization uses. It might be interesting to make his hood blue, but I kind of like him better as he is... maybe give him a blue belt... Has someone made a stormtrooper for this guy to stab yet? :)

I don't know if It is just me but I tried your flc and it failed to open in flickster; This usualy means that it won't work in Civ either, so be carefull before doing the rest of the flcs. Kinboat; I think some one is working on a Star wars mod, and they have a seperate site. Iv'e seen some previews of the stormtrooper and they looked good, but I don't know If theyve made it yet.

Kinboat and Smoking Mirror: Yes, someone is working on a Stormtrooper unit, although he hasn't been heard from for a while. And of course there's a SW Mod and a Web site for it (the link is in my signature.):)

For the civ-specific colors, they should work fine when you use SWGB units because GB incorporates the civ colors in the same way Civ3 does. The colors should be blue, but I don't see any blue on that Ewok unit, which is unusual, because all GB units have blue somewhere on them. And if your .flc doesn't open in FLICster, it WILL cause Civ3 to crash, so you might want to investigate that to see what's wrong with it.

ok thanks guys. i will try to find out what is going on.

:suicide: i am on the verge of giving up here. i dont understand what is wrong with my flc. if someone could help it would be great

It shows up as a standard .flc in FLICster, not a Civ3 unit .flc. Did you create a new .flc file with Animation Shop or export and edit a storyboard .pcx from an existing Civ3 unit? If you just did it with Animation Shop then that's why it's not working. You need to export an existing Civ3 unit to a storyboard .pcx and edit the frames, end export back to Civ3 unit .flc.

Hope that helps.

ahhhhh thank you so much. i will try that now

ok this is working, thanks again. i am almost finished but the frames are not centered. is there a way to center them? again, any help is appreciated

:goodjob: Time for "The Attack of the Ewoks" :D :lol:

Originally posted by coolcosh
ok this is working, thanks again. i am almost finished but the frames are not centered. is there a way to center them? again, any help is appreciated

See this post where I explained how to do that.

Hope it helps.

ok thanks . ill give it a try

i got it to work. thank you sooooo much TedG. u will definetly be in the credits

Top Bottom