Exactly what is WinCiv

stwils

Emperor
I got Civ1 for windows on a CD that came with the October Computer Games magazine.

I also have acquired CivNet through Ebay.

Are either of these what everyone refers to as WinCiv?

If not, what is it?

stwils

WinCiv just means the Windows version of Civ1. Nothing fancy. ;)

Winciv is the Windows reincarnation of that DEMON SPAWN, that KRYPTONITIC SCUM OF SATAN that cost me a decent job, any hope of a university degree and probably killed my chances with an amazing chica MANY LONG YEARS AGO. It is a PERSONAL VIETNAM EXPERIENCE. KEEP IT AWAY!!!!

And now it's back!!

Back I tell you!

And I played it!

And I need help, please, help...

No, richard. You don't need help. Here should be your list of priorities.

1)CIV
2)Civfanatics.com
3)A job(to pay for civ)
4)Beer
5)A nice car
6)Water
7)Women <--- to cook the food and fetch the beer*
8)Education

The top 3 are the most important.

* This post is meant entirely as sarcasm. It is a joke and I do not wan't to be harassed for being a sexist. These are not my personal beliefs and are simply here to guide Richard III back into the realm of Civilization.

How to identify Civ 1 for DOS:
The game DOES NOT run in a window, with the various windows-isms, the x in the corner, etc... When you start up it asks you to enter some numbers to navigate menus in order to select what sound/display options you want. This is the original civ1.

How to identiy Civ 1 for Windows:
Well, it's a windows game. Not like above.

Civnet is considered by some (including myself) to be a form of Winciv. So if you have civnet, I would say you have winciv.

Peronally, I hate winciv. Heck, I even hate The DOS ver. 474.04 and 475.05...

475.01 forever!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ
No, richard. You don't need help. Here should be your list of priorities.

1)CIV
2)Civfanatics.com
3)A job(to pay for civ)
4)Beer
5)A nice car
6)Water
7)Women <--- to cook the food and fetch the beer*
8)Education

The top 3 are the most important.

* This post is meant entirely as sarcasm. It is a joke and I do not wan't to be harassed for being a sexist. These are not my personal beliefs and are simply here to guide Richard III back into the realm of Civilization.

Thank you, doctor. Things must be getting bad on these forums when you feel the need to explain your sarcasm! To help yoru analysis, my current list probably runs like this:

1) Civfanatics Diplomacy
2) Civ3
3) Bounced diplomacy, which I learned about from Civfanatics
4) Civfanatics
5) Civ 2
6) Whiskey
7) Steak
8) Showing up for work early so I can look diligent, but really so I can check for diplomacy correspondence and post on Civfanatics
9) Personal capitalist project designed to make me enough royalty income to afford to retire, do the lecture circuit and afford to spend my days playing MP CIV-3 on a kick-ass 2 gig-per terminal all-flat screen at my new summer home mon
10) My latest girlfriend, who seems to have noticed that I'm really into this game called CIV

Education? Bah, I've done okay without it.

So how am I doing?

Top Bottom