Expanded Corporation advisor screen

merijn_v1

Black Belt
This modcomp provides an alternative corporation advisor screen, providing you with some more information about the corporations.

Download here
Works for all versions/modcomps/modmods etc.

Some features:
- It shows which technologies are required and if you have them already
- It shows which resources are required and how many you got of each type
- Additional information containing specific corporation requirements (like the Fishing Corp will only spread to coastal cities etc.), factors that attract or distract corporations and some (negative) side effects.

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 603
It should be added in the main mod.

Distract
[VERB] If something distracts you or your attention from something, it takes your attention away from it.

Hmm...

Anyway it's good mod. I love fresh interface ideas.

Not sure if "Distracted" is really the right word...

You're right. I don't know why I thougt distract is the antonym of attract. (Probably because both end with -tract) Would repulse be a better word?

Repel sounds very physical to me. Forces can repel or attract, but the opposite of attracting people isn't really repelling them.

'Increased chance of spread by' and 'Decreased chance of spread by'?

Uploaded a new version.
- Changed "repelled" with "deterred"
- Small update in the code (so there won't be any problems if more corporations will be added)

When coding, I didn't check how the citylist would handle the new screen. Now I've played a game now in which I have more cities than fit in the panel which shows the cities and the bonus yields/commerce. It turns out it automatically adds a scroll. (Which is what I hoped :))

There is however a small aesthetically thing I that bothers me a bit. There is no gap between the text and the bottom of the panel, which doesn't look nice. I will fix this soon, so the screen will look slightly better when you have a lot of cities.

Uploaded a new version, which have some minor aesthetic updates. I think I've polished all sharp edges I wanted to get rid of and this should be the last version for now.

Top Bottom