Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps because Latin American countries haven't been as important on the world stage and history

why should peru be included, that just non-sense it has not contributed anything to history, althought i do believe they should include at least one latin american civilization, either mexico or brazil

The Iroquois Confederacy would be a good choice, if you've researched their society I'd hope you'd agree.

Yeah you are right perhaps they havent been so important in world politics, but waht the hell , they included the iroquis, mali, the zulu, and they didnt contribute much either

I've read many good posts on the why some Latin American civs should and should not be included. My two cents being thrown in are about "brand recognition". A good percentage of the posters here are quite knowledgable about the histories of the various groups. I, am not. So, too, will be a large percentage of the people buying the expansion. So, which ones will help to entice people to pick up the pack, might be the one(s) that make me and the common Joe say "Huh, cool, gotta get this."

The only two that come to my mind, as being worthy, would be Mexico and Brazil. And my vote would go to Brazil.

Leaders and UUs? No clue. Wars they fought in, same. Culture they bring to the table? Ah, now that's where I can name some things. First off, who hasn't heard of Carnival, the celebration that packs really wide streets with party goers? And wanna talk about the spread of culture? Pele came to the USA and pretty much on his name alone got football (soccer to us barbaric Americans) on the national stage. Heck, make him a great person, artist. Add in something to do with the Rain Forest/ Amazon River for tourism.

I'm not saying that Mexico doesn't have things going for them too. But I think that, with their already being two North American civs, one modern, USA, and one ancient, Aztecs, adding a modern Brazil would make a nice modern compliment to the ancient Incas to round out a Western Hemisphere quartet.

I dont think civ should have countries like Brazil, Mexico, Belgium or Canada or Australia.

I dont think any new world countries should ever be inlcuded in any civ game, America has the exception cos of what a huge impact they are having on the world. and i think thats the only exception, and thats how they have done it.

yea but if yew think about it germany is a relatively new country when compared to its neighbours.

Fantasy2006 said:
Indonesian ??? :lol: i think Angkor is better than it :crazyeye:

Well why not? That corner of the Old World has always been sold short in Civ. The Indies have been hugely influential, wealthy and populous. Srivijaya, Borobodur, interaction with Hinduism and Islam - it can draw a line of succession back to prehistory in a way such places as Brazil just can't.

And if you look I support adding the Khmer too.

loui89 said:
yea but if yew think about it germany is a relatively new country when compared to its neighbours.

Not really. The modern German state is new, but there has been theoretical German kingdom since the ninth century and the culture goes back to prehistory.

loui89 said:

6th Century:
Germanic Tribes entered the late Roman Empire from present central Germany and settled in northern Gaul, where they established the Frankish realm in an area that covers most of modern-day France and the western regions of Germany, forming the historic kernel of both these two modern countries.[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franks

A good idea for a new civilization

Carthaginians
Leaders: Hannibal Barca

They had a major effect on history and one of the most powerful enemies Roman had to face. Also Hannibal defeated many roman armies.

a lot of people mentioned that but i emphasise this again ( this is a task for every real civ4 player i think )

the founders of ottoman empire are turks and turks founded a lot of empire in the scene of the history. if i remember correct the number was 21. and the major empires of that emperority chain was ottoman empire , seljukian empire , hun empire , göktürk empire, golden horde. and turks have played a really hard and heavy role on the historl since the beginning of the time.

so turks must be the default civ for all of the srategy games i think

as you guess turk civilisation is one of the biggest civ in the world maybe it's in top 5

i forget to talk about leaders

the turk civ can have 2 leaders
* mustafa kemal atatürk
*fatih sultan mehmet (mehmed 2)

as you know fatih sultan mehmet is the conquerer of constantionpolis, and he ended the roman empire ( fatih=conquerer in turkish )

mustafa kemal atatürk had brillant victories against the frenc english and italian in ww1 and wrote a legend against greeks in "kurtuluş savaşı"( war of deliverance) and he set türkiye republic which is a really modern country

(turkis women had the vote right in 1931, it means that the turkish women have won this right before the europans) :)

kutlu said:
(turkis women had the vote right in 1931, it means that the turkish women have won this right before the europans) :)

No, much of Europe had female suffrage before '31.

1- Babylon
2- Zulu
3- Ottomans

Laurence72 said:
and now, the slightly controversial ones...
Canada - Yeah, they haven't gone and invaded anyone, or been a major force militarily. But yet, why NOT have another "peaceful" civ in the game? I would think that one doesn't get to be so big, geographically and economically, without having some bearing on the world at large. That, and Gandhi players need a backup choice if someone else is already playing their guy in a game.

Civ isn't only about wars. Having a peaceful civilization would be great. I'd like to have an alternative to Gandhi.
... and it could be great to have a civilization with a leader to compensate for Tokugawa who always attacking you on sight :)

Civ expansion pack should paid more attention to Asian civs such as China, Korea, Japan, India, Thailand, Turkey, and Iran etc. after all they account more than 1/3 world population and they older and richer in culture than many civs represented in Civ 4 game.

All above civs have written historic documents dating back more than 5,000 years, do they even compares to Messo Indians, Africans and European ?

They deserve more recognition because they survived and have their own written languages & culture & heritage that no other civs possed.

No offence to Messo Indians and other African civs, and European Civs but many of Messo Indians, Africans, Europeans civs did not survived and some were heavily influenced and derived from other cultures.:cool:

Mazinger said:
Civ expansion pack should paid more attention to Asian civs such as China, Korea, Japan, India, Thailand, Turkey, and Iran etc. after all they account more than 1/3 world population and they older and richer in culture than many civs represented in Civ 4 game.

Well, 4 out of the 7 civs you mention are already in the game as China, Japan, India, and Persia. But I agree that it would be nice if Korea and Turkey were in the game.

Korea, Turkey, and Babylon would round out Asia well IMO.

Portugal, the Netherlands, and Scandanavia could be included for Europe.

The Zulu and the Iroquois could be added for Africa and the Americas respectively.

I tend to go for the more modern civs. My votes:

Nelson Mandela - South Africa
David Ben Gurion - Israel
Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
Lech Walesa - Poland
Crazy Horse - Sioux

with the addition of:

Joseph Stalin - Russia
Adolph Hitler - Germany (can't ignore him)
Winston Churchill - England

Mazinger said:

All above civs have written historic documents dating back more than 5,000 years, do they even compares to Messo Indians, Africans and European ?

They deserve more recognition because they survived and have their own written languages & culture & heritage that no other civs possed.

No offence to Messo Indians and other African civs, and European Civs but many of Messo Indians, Africans, Europeans civs did not survived and some were heavily influenced and derived from other cultures.:cool:

Turkey und Thailand have just been around for about 500+ years, not 5000 while Japan was isolated in an island and no one knows what they were before 600 A.D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom