Expectations of G&K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaksha

Chieftain
Hello,

Apologies if there's a better place / already a thread for this, had a look around and couldn't see any.

I've been playing Civ IV for ages now, and have been thinking of getting into V but motivation hasn't been very high, considering the myriad issues users here have noted with the gameplay. It seems the vast majority of users consider V a backwards step.

So I'm wondering, with all the details that have now been released for G&K, are people expecting it to address the bulk of the problems? Or will IV likely still be better?

I'm expecting G&K to be awesome. There's still some bugs they've never fixed right and some have problems with resource demands, turn times, etc. I like the game and I'm glad it's being improved. There's been a few opportunities to get CiV cheap. Maybe you should just get the base game and decide for yourself?

A lot more awesome naval invasions by the AI. A lot more awesome mega-alliances that will have its frictions (occasional denouncements of the other party) but generally stay a whole lot more closer as time goes by. Major gameplay changes that still allows me to put a man into orbit (Satellites) before I've researched Atomic Theory or Penicillin.

Hello,

Apologies if there's a better place / already a thread for this, had a look around and couldn't see any.
There is a whole section for G&K
I've been playing Civ IV for ages now, and have been thinking of getting into V but motivation hasn't been very high, considering the myriad issues users here have noted with the gameplay. It seems the vast majority of users consider V a backwards step.
This was immediately after the release... most of the issues have long since been sorted, and the vast majority now consider V much better, and IV rather dated, with poorer graphics and gameplay.
So I'm wondering, with all the details that have now been released for G&K, are people expecting it to address the bulk of the problems? Or will IV likely still be better?
As I said previously, the bulk of the problems have long since been addressed... V will only get better and better, IV will look more and more dated, and SoD, fortunately, will get forgotten, and fall into the failed experiment bracket.

Civ IV and Civ V are different games with differing design philosophies. Civ V was not intended to be super Civ IV, and was designed accordingly.

Whether one is better than another will be in the eyes of the person that plays it. In many ways they are not comparable. Numerous patches have improved Civ V's game play, but some would argue that certain mechanics of the game are overpowered and need some more balance.

G&K has some interesting new additions and you can read more in this forum and decide for yourself whether it is worth a try.

edit - We decided to close this thread and ask that you do some reading in the G&K forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom