Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't Tribes removed altogether?

I certainly didn't see any in my last game as Scotland (after recent patch to ExCE), but that could've just been bad luck.

If you would check the files, you can see they don't change much, even when the mod does... Its all in the usersettings.

This issue crops up every now and then, but unfortunately I still have absolutely no idea why it happens. I wish the OP of that thread you linked gave some hint as to what conditions allowed it to work :/

All I can ask is for you to provide the contents of your Lua log (even though you can't get in-game, it will show errors as soon as you enter that menu).
How to enable logging (just in case, but you seem to already be well-prepared when it comes to tracking down bugs, so you may have already done so)

As requested.

I know CIV can be a bit fickle, especially once you throw modding into the mix. Ah, what a labour of masochistic love you authors are involved in.

But we certainly appreciate it. =3

1. :p I don't expect so. Unless Pouakai stops me again, the Gasaetae will be released this month, and then following that I'll split my time between Egypt and ExCE: Tribes.
2. They're disabled, and those two in particularly won't be returning... in ExCE :p
3. True, but when I'm thinking of Tribes, I'm trying to elicit fond memories of AoE III, and they don't do much.

Ah AoE III............I have it, loved it, played it all the time, and then I got Civ 5 and EU 4 and I just don't seem to have time for it anymore.

As requested.

I know CIV can be a bit fickle, especially once you throw modding into the mix. Ah, what a labour of masochistic love you authors are involved in.

But we certainly appreciate it. =3

And in true, strange fashion it began working again.

Hm.

Are you opposed to adding in a couple more luxuries?

I was remembering the mod I originally made the saffron art for and thinking that I miss the gemstone luxuries. I still have my diamond art and Horem's gems are still available if you wanted to throw them in.......

Wells, Gems in-game covers all sorts, I wager. Granted, I add Saffron and the like - Spices covered by, well, Spice. Still, I don't particularly want to add any more at this stage. I have, however, found use for some of your resources in another upcoming release ;)

Hey JFD, loving the shipwrecks :D However, bug report: not all shipwrecks appear on strategic view. (there are also quite a lot of them, but then again there is a lot of sea to discover)

I feel terrible since I keep posting in this thread and bothering you, but I've encountered something related to ExCE which is causing a CTD.

When interacting with an AI, pressing the "What do you want for this?" button in the trade UI instantly crashes the game when ExCE is running alongside the CBP.

Specifically, the CTD only seems to occur when the AI is trying to select something from the window they want. If you do not have anything they desire (and thus they do not try to select something), the game won't crash.

Examples being:

I have nothing of value (no resources, etc) and select two gold-per-turn from the trade window and ask the AI "What do you want for this?". The game does not crash and the AI simply tells me the deal won't work.

I have wine as a luxury resource which I know the AI wants. I select two gold-per-turn from the trade window and ask the AI "What do you want for this?". The game instantly crashes (because I assume they are attempting to select the wine from the trade UI).

Now, I've narrowed it down all the way to strictly an issue between ExCE and the CBP. No such CTD occurs when using the base combination of only CP + ExCE. Once the CBP is in the mix though, the crash happens.

I've triple checked my settings. The compatibility flag is set in the ExCE file and CBP is installed correctly. Even when only using those three mods (CP, CBP, and ExCE) the CTD is guaranteed.

All mod version are the latest:

CP v66 (9-5)
CBP v13 (9-4)
ExCE v6 (Steam)

Attaching the database, lua, and minidump files below for assessment.

Do you think I should cross-post to the CBP bug forum?

Attachments

• DumpDBLUA.7z
    31.8 KB · Views: 91
One problem could be the version of ExCE you're using. The DD is version 7.

One problem could be the version of ExCE you're using. The DD is version 7.

So it is.

I subscribed to steam since it's more convenient while being under the impression both it and the direct download would be the same version as they both have the same last modified date (Sept 2nd).

When I found the issue I even specifically checked the download link to see if a more recent version had become available before being pushed to steam, but never downloaded it due to it having the same time stamp!

I'll update to version 7 from the direct download and see if the fixes the issue.

Thank you.

Switching to the direct download version (v7) did not resolve the issue.

version six... Is basically version seven. Check the upload dates and change logs.

(Why new tribes have no yields? And consulates have no description? :cry:)

version six... Is basically version seven. Check the upload dates and change logs.

(Why new tribes have no yields? And consulates have no description? :cry:)

That's what I thought, but I thought it worth the try.

I've run into an odd issue. I tried installing your version of the YNAEMP map (the version 23) but was unable to select a map.

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...900/59D78D0D065DCE2B4671EBFCEB544A09A2E5366E/

I enabled/disabled mods and a tracked it down to this mod.

A common problem that I haven't been able to replicate. When I get more time, I'll try to take a look more in-depth.

The latest update appears to have replaced the icon for Obsidian with the Feathers icon, by no means a major thing but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Yes, I did notice that after Skaz881 pointed out the resource graphics were missing. Should've been fixed in the latest latest version following that, however. Try re-downloading, and if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll take a proper look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom