Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested it again, it does not appear to be Communitas's fault, as no tribes appeared on Pangaea maps either. I opened up IGE just to be sure, but the map had none of them while they were present in the IGE menu. Weird thing is that tribes appear on some games, while on others they are completely missing.
The luxuries and bonus resources were present normally. Mind if I post logs? Since they are quite long.

Similar stuff here.
I am playing on a North America map for the second game in a row and both games have been Tribe-less. Could it be the new version of the Community Patch is at fault? this started happening only after I updated that mod.

Is the download link in the first post the latest version? Dropbox is saying it's from three months ago, so I'm wondering if a newer version was posted somewhere in the thread but the OP wasn't updated. I've been rather hesitant to ask this because if the version in the first post IS the most recent version, then that makes me sound like an impatient jerk. That's an impression I would prefer to avoid giving.

Due to JFD's more recent projects, I believe that is. 😣

Ah, ok then. That's perfectly understandable. He DOES have a ton of them going at once. I was just thinking I'd get the latest version of this to use while trying out all the changes to the CBP since last I checked. He mentioned a few posts back that he was in the process of putting an update together anyway, so I'll just wait a bit for that. Gives me more time to play Terraria 1.3 anyway.

Sorry if anyone brought this up before but I just realized how close to Age of Empires III this mod is, what with the exploration focus, great explorers, tribes, and other such things.

I'll just mention that the mod's luxury resources, when used with CBP, still grant 4 happiness each. Tweaked it down to 1 myself, but it would be convenient to have some sort of check that if CBP is enabled, they go down to 1.

Hey black213, I'm kinda annoyed by this, as it makes some luxuries way better than others - how did you change it?
I'm never done any modding myself, but I'm assuming I just gotta change a value in a file somewhere. Can you or someone else guide me to that? :)

Also, any chance for combat animations for the great scout and the other recon units?

Is it possible to disable only Luxury Resources in this mod?
And second question: is it possible to remove somehow Optic requirements for Jungle tiles (but leaving attrocity penalties)?

Why? Its part of the mod, suppose to encoruge you to go up the tech tree IMO.

So a couple things. First off I love your mod(s). :)

A couple things I've noticed...

- Lotus seems to only show up on the map occasionally. I mean the actual graphic of it. Often I can see a tile has lotus when I hover over it, but there's no graphic to show it. Is this known or maybe a problem with my installation? What are the actual requirements for lotus to spawn on a tile? Any water tile?

- Sometimes I'll see tribes spawn on top of a mountain... resulting in the tribe sort of floating above. While hilarious it can be a bit annoying! Is this normal?

Why? Its part of the mod, suppose to encoruge you to go up the tech tree IMO.
Well, I'm afraid that the only answer for that question is that I don't like it :p
As for Luxury Resources: I don't know why, but these resources are not working fine with other modes which I'm using.

Hello.

I'm playing a game with Iroquois and at start there is no problem, my Mohawk Warriors have double movement on forest and jungle.

All is ok while I don't study fishing. When I have the tech fishing all existing Mohawk have no problem but all newly created one gain the promotion Uncharted territory - Cannot enter jungle until optics' (but thay have too the promotion 'Woodsman - Double movement on forest and jungle'.

Jungle or not jungle, here is the question!

edit: finally it seems to be the same for other units (for example workers). If created before fishing they can enter jungle, else they can't.

edit2: I post here because it seems not to be a CP/CBP problem ( see Gazebo's response )

It's a shame that Trading Posts Grow into Town is incompatible with ECE. It all comes back down to those damn hardcoded tech bubbles, incapable of allowing more then 5 things per tech bubble.

This isn't your problem, this is just me griping. It feels like this is a massive roadblock for mod comparability.

Actually a question now, what's the status on the final portions of ECE? I imagine that it is far back on the list of mods.

Well, I'm afraid that the only answer for that question is that I don't like it :p
As for Luxury Resources: I don't know why, but these resources are not working fine with other modes which I'm using.

In the next update, I have separated out the effects of Jungle, so you can disable impassability if you want.
Could you elaborate on how the luxury resources don't work fine? I can probably have them optional, but if there's an incompatibility, I'd like to resolve it if I can.

So a couple things. First off I love your mod(s). :)

A couple things I've noticed...

- Lotus seems to only show up on the map occasionally. I mean the actual graphic of it. Often I can see a tile has lotus when I hover over it, but there's no graphic to show it. Is this known or maybe a problem with my installation? What are the actual requirements for lotus to spawn on a tile? Any water tile?

- Sometimes I'll see tribes spawn on top of a mountain... resulting in the tribe sort of floating above. While hilarious it can be a bit annoying! Is this normal?

Lotus should only spawn on Lake tiles, but the map generator is known to be a bit erratic.

Tribes will no longer spawn on mountains in the next version :p

Hello.

I'm playing a game with Iroquois and at start there is no problem, my Mohawk Warriors have double movement on forest and jungle.

All is ok while I don't study fishing. When I have the tech fishing all existing Mohawk have no problem but all newly created one gain the promotion Uncharted territory - Cannot enter jungle until optics' (but thay have too the promotion 'Woodsman - Double movement on forest and jungle'.

Jungle or not jungle, here is the question!

edit: finally it seems to be the same for other units (for example workers). If created before fishing they can enter jungle, else they can't.

edit2: I post here because it seems not to be a CP/CBP problem ( see Gazebo's response )

You need to research Optics (Sailing in CBP) to cross Jungle.

Actually a question now, what's the status on the final portions of ECE? I imagine that it is far back on the list of mods.

Not too far; everything is technically ready to update, I just haven't finished the effects for the new Tribes. I haven't been feeling particularly creative lately, and hence that has slowed me down.

Of course, if you mean Colonies, then that, too, requires some creative tinkering, and won't be included in the next update.

Not too far; everything is technically ready to update, I just haven't finished the effects for the new Tribes. I haven't been feeling particularly creative lately, and hence that has slowed me down.

Of course, if you mean Colonies, then that, too, requires some creative tinkering, and won't be included in the next update.

In that case, I'll hold off on a new game. Besides, been having additional problems with the new resource and luxury textures and integration with IGE :p

I expect Colonies are the hardest bit. What about the additional Trading, with the Grand Canal and such?

One more quick question: ExCE references Trading Posts Grow Into Towns, and yet enabling that mod conflicts with the textures/tech bubble etc. Have you been able to have both mods running and no errors? If so, any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? (besides continuing to tinker with mods :p)

IIRC, the support I added was so that that mod's Trading Posts would improve Feathers, as the vanilla TP does. However, whilst the new TPs might not show up in the tech tree, this doesn't necessarily mean the mod won't work with ExCE. Check the civilopedia for that tech - it should show a full list of everything it unlocks, even beyond that five that it'll show in the tree. That said, I don't entirely remember/know how that mod works or what it does.

So, after continued testing, it would seem that EUI is the culprit. Whenever I have it installed, things start falling apart. It's a shame, especially considering all the useful information it provides.

2015-08-22_00001.jpg

2015-08-22_00003.jpg

2015-08-22_00009.jpg

However, there seems to be an additional bug indeed related to ExCE resources/luxuries. The game states that it cannot load font texture. Of course, I did have an earlier problem with that before, but testing must continue.

FYI I would be more then happy to help with the creative parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom