Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ExCE updated:

• Fixed issue where the new belief options (for resources) weren't showing.
  • Ported changes made to Granary (to affect Bison) and Mint (to affect Copper) from Trade to Exploration component (can be toggled off). Supports modded Granaries and Mints if said mod has a reference to ExCE.
  • Resources should no longer respawn on loading.
  • Added CBP and Health and Plague support (see UserSettings, as with Piety)
  • Reduced chance of Mutiny event occuring for naval units
  • Fixed issue where one might begin with a Cossack instead of a Warrior
  • Pazyryk's NMCTJs is now turned on in this mod by default (see user settings)
  • Fixed incorrect Graphics for pre-Industrial Ginger and Rubber (not that the latter was possible)
  • Barbarians should no longer be able to spawn Great Recon units
  • Fixed issue with Shipwrecks not appearing
  • Jungle impassability may now be disabled separately from its other effects
  • Added a special reward for those who circumnavigate the globe (please let me know if you get it)
  • Resources (Luxury/Bonus) may now be disabled from the UserSettings file.
  • Belem Tower now grants 2 free Great Explorers
  • Tribes have been disabled until the next update, as the system has to be reconsidered in light of the impending release of [REDACTED]

Glad to see this update!! Though I can't understand why people would want to disable the jungle impassibility feature..
Tribes have been disabled until the next update, as the system has to be reconsidered in light of the impending release of [REDACTED]
Spoiler :
.. Perhaps a certain m[REDACTED]ary mod..

Ooo! I had an idea to revise the tribe system:
Rather than improvements spawning on random places around the map, tribes could be some sort of barbarian city states: each tribe will start from one location in the map. tribes will be improvements that will claim surrounding tiles. Tribes may declare war on city states and on civilizations. In order to conquer a tribe, you need to pillage the tile, and claim it with one of your cities. Doing so will allow you to build tribal consulates(same as before). If a tribe tile is pillaged, it loses all of its territory, and it will only repair itself after an (set)amount of turns. You may gift gold to tribes, making them friendly with you. Friendly tribes will gift you units and will not be upset when you pass through their territory.

What do you think?

None of the graphics for the resources for ExCE are showing up. When I checked my Lua I found this:
Code:
[118944.453] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource type (RESOURCE_JFD_FEATHERS) was not found! check resource type in xml file.. script aborted
would that have something to do with it?

Ooo! I had an idea to revise the tribe system:
Rather than improvements spawning on random places around the map, tribes could be some sort of barbarian city states: each tribe will start from one location in the map. tribes will be improvements that will claim surrounding tiles. Tribes may declare war on city states and on civilizations. In order to conquer a tribe, you need to pillage the tile, and claim it with one of your cities. Doing so will allow you to build tribal consulates(same as before). If a tribe tile is pillaged, it loses all of its territory, and it will only repair itself after an (set)amount of turns. You may gift gold to tribes, making them friendly with you. Friendly tribes will gift you units and will not be upset when you pass through their territory.

What do you think?

I couldn't have Tribes claim territory without either considerable effort (that I'm not sure I'm capable of) or making them actual players (which I don't want to do).

None of the graphics for the resources for ExCE are showing up. When I checked my Lua I found this:
Code:
[118944.453] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource type (RESOURCE_JFD_FEATHERS) was not found! check resource type in xml file.. script aborted
would that have something to do with it?

Nope, just a mistake on my part. Updated.

1. Do you like it, though?
2. How about having them migrate upon time, then? Or tribal units claiming territory(was my original idea, though I figured it'll be too hard to code probably).
3. Still having graphic problems with the lumber mills, also also whats the thing with the accurate tribes spawning? Will that make them spawn on YNAEMP?
(Please say yes pleeeaseeee)

The newest version seems to be causing luxuries not to spawn on YNAEMP map if you have the CBP installed. I was only seeing Barathor's More Luxuries and citrus despite having explored all of Africa.

EDIT: So I fiddled around with it a bit more. The issue causes a severe drop in the number of ruins, luxury resources and basic resources on any pre-made maps I tried, but didn't seem to affect map scripts. It's not contingent on whether or not the CBP compatibility is enabled or not.

1. Do you like it, though?
2. How about having them migrate upon time, then? Or tribal units claiming territory(was my original idea, though I figured it'll be too hard to code probably).
3. Still having graphic problems with the lumber mills, also also whats the thing with the accurate tribes spawning? Will that make them spawn on YNAEMP?
(Please say yes pleeeaseeee)

1. I did consider giving them borders within borders, and I may see if I can manage it - but I'm not sure. However, I don't want Tribes to be diplomatically active - too difficult to manage, and too analogous to City-States. They're meant to be analogous to barbarians, - in the sense that they're relatively underdeveloping - just always at peace.
2. Probably a pain to code.
3, What problems are these?

The newest version seems to be causing luxuries not to spawn on YNAEMP map if you have the CBP installed. I was only seeing Barathor's More Luxuries and citrus despite having explored all of Africa.

EDIT: So I fiddled around with it a bit more. The issue causes a severe drop in the number of ruins, luxury resources and basic resources on any pre-made maps I tried, but didn't seem to affect map scripts. It's not contingent on whether or not the CBP compatibility is enabled or not.

Ok, tracked down the issue, and updated to fix. Thanks for reporting the issue!

I'm still having graphical errors, and it's not just the resources, the scouts are showing up as spearmen in later ages.

Found the problem but.......what happened to feathers? And why is rubber now a luxury?

Feathers are deleted with CBP, because of the weird things they do with Trading Posts. Otherwise, they're still there. And for me, Rubber is still a bonus.

But it looks like I accidentally set them as a luxury in CBP.

Really, one must tell me if they're using CBP when reporting bugs.

1. I did consider giving them borders within borders, and I may see if I can manage it - but I'm not sure. However, I don't want Tribes to be diplomatically active - too difficult to manage, and too analogous to City-States. They're meant to be analogous to barbarians, - in the sense that they're relatively underdeveloping - just always at peace.
2. Probably a pain to code.
3, What problems are these?

Ok, tracked down the issue, and updated to fix. Thanks for reporting the issue!

1.I think that tribes should be barbarians that act like civilizations. The way they treat each player should be based on modifiers(like sharing a common enemy, and aggression).
3. I looked at the usersettings file, and I saw an option called accurate spawning(which was disabled). I didn't really understand what it does, though.

Erm, hello again!

Wasn't sure who I should direct this to, so I decided on here.

I seem to be having a strange three-way mod issue which cropped up today (after updating to CBP 9/1, however downgrading back to the previous version didn't reverse the issue).

Attempting to load ExCE, YnAEMP, and More Luxuries together is causing this issue to occur, even though it was perfectly fine previously (and other than updating CBP, nothing has changed). And as mentioned, downgrading back a version of CBP hasn't fixed the problem, so I am not entirely sure what triggered it, nor how to fix it.

When I did update, I did a complete clean installation of all my mods as it's good practice to do so, as well as deleting my cache and moduserdata, just to be sure.

Yet here I am, very much confused as to what's happened.

Hopefully someone can provide some insight.

Thank you kindly!

JFD, Resources keep spawning when I load the game.
BTW, why new tribes have no yields?

JFD, Resources keep spawning when I load the game.
BTW, why new tribes have no yields?

1. Seems you're right. But I'm afraid the fix to this will have to wait until the Tribes update. Which will have to wait until the release of the naked Gaesatae.
2. Because... they don't exist...?

Erm, hello again!

Wasn't sure who I should direct this to, so I decided on here.

I seem to be having a strange three-way mod issue which cropped up today (after updating to CBP 9/1, however downgrading back to the previous version didn't reverse the issue).

Attempting to load ExCE, YnAEMP, and More Luxuries together is causing this issue to occur, even though it was perfectly fine previously (and other than updating CBP, nothing has changed). And as mentioned, downgrading back a version of CBP hasn't fixed the problem, so I am not entirely sure what triggered it, nor how to fix it.

When I did update, I did a complete clean installation of all my mods as it's good practice to do so, as well as deleting my cache and moduserdata, just to be sure.

Yet here I am, very much confused as to what's happened.

Hopefully someone can provide some insight.

Thank you kindly!

This issue crops up every now and then, but unfortunately I still have absolutely no idea why it happens. I wish the OP of that thread you linked gave some hint as to what conditions allowed it to work :/

All I can ask is for you to provide the contents of your Lua log (even though you can't get in-game, it will show errors as soon as you enter that menu).
How to enable logging (just in case, but you seem to already be well-prepared when it comes to tracking down bugs, so you may have already done so)

1.I think that tribes should be barbarians that act like civilizations. The way they treat each player should be based on modifiers(like sharing a common enemy, and aggression).
3. I looked at the usersettings file, and I saw an option called accurate spawning(which was disabled). I didn't really understand what it does, though.

1. If that were the case, they might as well be City-States. For something to act like a civilization, it must take up a player slot.
3. If you weren't aware, each tile is assigned a continent type (Asian, American, European, or Middle-Eastern). This setting would just ensure Tribes are placed according to the most appropriate continent type (e.g. Comanche only on American tiles). This will be particularly important because in the next update Tribes will no longer be represented by resources, and so I can't hook into the YnAEMP region exludes system.

1. Oh well... Just another 3 months... :p
2. Don't exist? I don't recall the Hessians and white company(lol) being added in previous updates.... :mischief:
3. Historically, that was pretty much the case. Except tribes move, cities don't.
4. No, no didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. Shoshone are going to be much more fun now... :D

1. :p I don't expect so. Unless Pouakai stops me again, the Gasaetae will be released this month, and then following that I'll split my time between Egypt and ExCE: Tribes.
2. They're disabled, and those two in particularly won't be returning... in ExCE :p
3. True, but when I'm thinking of Tribes, I'm trying to elicit fond memories of AoE III, and they don't do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom