Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because the Holy DLL is forbidden to a lowly Emperor like myself. Ilteroi Bodhisattva has done his best to teach the AI the path to enlightenment, however, the AI is unfortunately a bit dense.

Exploration updated to v9:

• CBP support is now automatic. You no longer need to turn on the setting.
  • Added CID support for Feathers viz. Towns/Villages.
  • You may now set the max amount of XP a Scout gains from exploring in the User Settings file. Also, how much is gained from discovering a Natural Wonder, and the chance of gaining XP per tile.
  • Bumped up the max amount of XP a Scout can gain from exploring to 60.
  • Inca may now move (and settle) on Mountains. Can be switched off in User Settings.
  • Added option for Sun God to increase the food of Ginger. Off by default.
  • Added option for Caravels to gain XP from exploring Fog of War. Off by default (because this seems way OP).
  • Added missing 16x16 for added promotions.

Venerable Hokath (or other CBP ambassadors), please let me know what changes to resources I need to make as of the latest CBP and I'll get this done asap.

Do the Inca get any bonus from settling on mountains? I feel like they should, even if it's just (considerably) more defense, other wise it feels like it's just a gimmick. Also, what about Carthage?
Also, I assume you've tested it, but does it work properly with other civs, as in, when capturing their cities and moving units inside?

Hm, thoughts on what you might like/expect to see from the Inca settling on Mountains then? Gazebo had automatic connections at one point, but that would deprive the Inca of their greatest legacy.

Thanks for the update, nice to see that the mountain settling has finally been imported from the CP. I do agree that the Inca need some other bonus to settling on mountains as right now it seems like a fun gimmick but nothing more. I'm not sure what bonus to give them though, perhaps something to do with the terrace farming or whatnot? I'm drawing blanks.

Did this update get around to fixing the issue that was reported where ExCE was messing with TSL for a few of Tarcisio's civs (Mehmed V if I recall)?

It might be a bit overpowered, or it might not, but what about: "Terrace Farms worked by cities settled on mountains yield 1 extra food"? They could also have some sort of defensive bonus, even if a small one. 5 points more than on a hill, perhaps?
Also, can mountain cities build observatories or mountain wonders? The game says the mountain needs to be adjacent, but says nothing about being under you. Also, it will probably lead to some weird stuff if you are able to build mountain wonders (at least it will finally be possbile to build Machu Picchu in the actual city of Machu and have it look like the city).

I like the idea, but...

Can other civs actually capture mountain cities?
Can mountain cities build Observatories?
If another civ captures mountain cities, can they keep it? Can they move a unit onto/through it?

Mountains should definitely provide extra defense. Perhaps some extra culture? I like the ideas of mountains acting as roads.

@JFD
Maybe make the Caravel only get XP from uncovering Land tiles, to make it less OP? Or maybe give them a lower chance of XP?

@JFD
Maybe make the Caravel only get XP from uncovering Land tiles, to make it less OP? Or maybe give them a lower chance of XP?

Complicated. It was a feature request, so not something I care to pursue too much.

Did this update get around to fixing the issue that was reported where ExCE was messing with TSL for a few of Tarcisio's civs (Mehmed V if I recall)?

I forgot. I'll take a look next.

I like the idea, but...

Can other civs actually capture mountain cities?
Can mountain cities build Observatories?
If another civ captures mountain cities, can they keep it? Can they move a unit onto/through it?

Mountains should definitely provide extra defense. Perhaps some extra culture? I like the ideas of mountains acting as roads.

Hm, appears not. I could ask Gazebo about it, because perhaps its unintended. Or I could give Great Recon Units the ability to cross Mountains from the go, so you'd need to send Pizzaro in to finish the job :lol:
*Also poor Atahualpa*
Yes.
If you do capture it, you do keep it, and you do move through it.

Would it perpetuate the gimmick too much if Mountain cities began with Gold on them? :p Maybe I'll do that anyway. The flavour is OP.

Exploration updated to v9:

• CBP support is now automatic. You no longer need to turn on the setting.
  • Added CID support for Feathers viz. Towns/Villages.
  • You may now set the max amount of XP a Scout gains from exploring in the User Settings file. Also, how much is gained from discovering a Natural Wonder, and the chance of gaining XP per tile.
  • Bumped up the max amount of XP a Scout can gain from exploring to 60.
  • Inca may now move (and settle) on Mountains. Can be switched off in User Settings.
  • Added option for Sun God to increase the food of Ginger. Off by default.
  • Added option for Caravels to gain XP from exploring Fog of War. Off by default (because this seems way OP).
  • Added missing 16x16 for added promotions.

Venerable Hokath (or other CBP ambassadors), please let me know what changes to resources I need to make as of the latest CBP and I'll get this done asap.

So Gazebo unified some more tables - as he is wont to do - and so improvements on resources no longer have their "base" yields, such as +1 food from pastures. Mined resources are ok because they never had anything other than +1 production set anyway, so e.g. Obsidian is fine. Everything else needs +1 yield, such as Vanilla, Ginger, etc.

He also changed the types of yields the builds give resources (e.g. market) so the tooltips have changed. Guess you need to edit that too. Might hold off on that one til he is happy with the changes though since it is still being iterated on.

Shader, what's the name of the mod that create the "start location" tooltip?

Hello, JFD, please help!
I'm using Your Pitey and Prestige, Cities in Develpment and Exploration Continued Expanded, zwei833's Renaissance Era Revised, Tpangolin's Mexico, Danmacsch's Denmark and LastSword's Poland is love and life. After I captured Mexico's capital, a few turns later a two-handed swordsman suddenly appeared next to my city and captured my worker (I swear there no Mexico unit around!), and even I eliminated him, the two-handed swordsman appeared again few turns later, just repeated and repeated again! Everytime in the same tile! Even though I put a unit on that tile he would still kick my unit and appear in the tile! The bug is VERY annoying!:mad::mad:

Sorry I started a new game and forgot to keep the log.:(

Not a CTD, but rubber, vanilla and obsidian aren't spawning for me despite being allocated.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom