• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also enabled civ4 diplomacy and the other one for city states from the community patch page (thank you for making me discover them btw XD).
Maybe there is a problem between these and Piety and Prestige now that I think of it...I just supposed they had to be compatible just for being part of the community patch blob XP

Now I'll try without them! (but they work with ExCE alone)

EDIT: No ok, scrap that. I had already tried to disable everything else, the logs are from a game with only your two mods active.

Nothing really in there; try and update CulDiv (Core) and see if that resolves it.

My game also thinks cedar and oak are luxuries, and they appear as such on a civ's trade screen. So I'm going to guess ginger counts as one, too. And taking a glance at the civilopedia shows that all added bonuses are counted as luxuries.

Well, that's the game being stupid, because they're bonus resources as far as everything else is concerned. I'm not going to worry about it too much, because Trade turns them into luxuries, and my support for the incomplete version of ExCE is limited.

But limiting Scurvy to ocean, apart from the disappearing chance, would still be for the best. :p There's been a lot of suggestions and a bit of feedback lately. I wonder which route you would take in an update to naval movement and attrition? The uncertainty of this section is the only thing keeping me from updating to this version of ExCE.

But I guess that's because I'm biased by my interest in all things naval, and the desire to have the most enjoyable (and historically correct, where applicable) experience with naval exploration in Civ. :) I mean no disrespect in any case. :)

Summarise your desired changes for me, and I'll work them in. (other than bugs :p)

After the update, things seemed to start working fine, (and thanks for the tip on the terrain file), though I'm still experiencing a fair amount of glitches and eventually crashed. I can't really tell how much of it was ExCE and what wasn't though. Should I send a log? (Database, right?) The last time I tried, it was too big to copy-paste or upload.

The logs don't tell anything about in-game CTDs, so I can't do anything about that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that ship can lost in ocean every time it change a tile. If you moving it for one hex it have 5% to lost, another one hex, another 5%, so if you move it for 4 tiles it will have 5% chance to lost on every tile that he goes through. Maybe chances summarising which gives us 20% that ship will be lost in a turn.

I'm not 100% sure the CTD was from ExCE, and it didn't happen near the first turn. I think I should still send it as I'm still noticing a minor bug relating to certain icons (and last time the music cut out after a bit.) It's not a bother, is it? I'd hate to annoy you.

About Polynesia. Their UA said that they immune to scurvy, but you tied scurvy immunity to the "Embarkation with Ocean Movement" promotion. But it appls only to land units, which means that naval units still suffer from scurvy. You should change text in UA to "land units immune to scurvy" or, which is more logical and ballanced make naval units suffer no scurvy too.

I'm not 100% sure the CTD was from ExCE, and it didn't happen near the first turn. I think I should still send it as I'm still noticing a minor bug relating to certain icons (and last time the music cut out after a bit.) It's not a bother, is it? I'd hate to annoy you.

It doesn't annoy; merely dismays - but that's a part of the process. Send me your database log (lua as well) and I'll take a look - you can upload the full thing to pastebin

Nothing really in there; try and update CulDiv (Core) and see if that resolves it.

Updated (already was, but I made sure of it) and nothing changed :cry:

Waaait a minute...now something is really wrong here because I just disabled ExCE and let P&P enabled and it is still crashing O_O Can it be that the community patch is incompatible with it? I'm going insane :eek:

Ok, after a while I kind of figured it out...I think D:
I have this strange thing where in the mods list either Whoward's DLL is shown or the community patch is shown. So I tried to enable Whoward's DLL instead of the community patch (which promptly disappeared from the list lol) and now it all seems to work even if the community patch doesn't seem to be enabled. Even City State Diplomacy and Civ4 Diplomacy.

Does this even make sense?

Well, there are two realistic airships available that JFD could choose to use: the Great War Airship and the WWI Zeppelin.

While it seems that they're both originally intended to be air units rather than land units that can cross any terrain, I would assume that it wouldn't be difficult to use them as the latter.

Can you please make all components of ExCE avaliable for choice in the advanced menu?
also, did you asked (me) a question?

Are there any plans to replace the ridiculous steampunk airship with something else?

You bring me much shame.

Can you please make all components of ExCE avaliable for choice in the advanced menu?
also, did you asked (me) a question?

No and yes.

PSA: My modding laptop has died again :/ So no ExCE progress or updates until next week.

That's unfortunate. Would you be able to provide a quick fix for the lost at sea issue by just glancing at the scurvy lua? Or at least a way to significantly decrease the rate for now. Or whatever experiments you want me to try. If all else fails, what lines can I take out to keep scurvy attrition but remove the lost at sea effect for now?

Spoiler :
Code:
function JFD_DoScurvyAttrition(playerID, unitID, unitX, unitY)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	if (player:IsAlive() and (not player:IsBarbarian())) then
		local unit = player:GetUnitByID(unitID)
		if unit:IsHasPromotion(unitPromotionScurvyAttritionID) then
			local plot = Map.GetPlot(unitX, unitY)
			if (plot and plot:GetOwner() ~= playerID) then
				if plot:IsPlotOcean()then
					local lossChance = mathFloor(JFD_GetLossChance(playerID, unit, plot, true))
					local randomChance = JFD_GetRandom(1,100)
					if lossChance >= randomChance then
						JFD_SendUnitLostEvent(playerID, unit, true)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end

Noooo. Its definitely evil spirits attack your laptop. So what about Polynesia?

Will stop being lazy and move it to its own promotion, to cover naval units as well :p

That's unfortunate. Would you be able to provide a quick fix for the lost at sea issue by just glancing at the scurvy lua? Or at least a way to significantly decrease the rate for now. Or whatever experiments you want me to try. If all else fails, what lines can I take out to keep scurvy attrition but remove the lost at sea effect for now?

Spoiler :
Code:
						JFD_SendUnitLostEvent(playerID, unit, true)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end

Change the code to this:

Spoiler :
Code:
						--JFD_SendUnitLostEvent(playerID, unit, true)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end

I'm afraid I can't do anything more concrete on my end until I get my laptop back.

You bring me much shame.

No and yes.

PSA: My modding laptop has died again :/ So no ExCE progress or updates until next week.

President pookie....
also, ill answer you as soon as I return from school... :p

Ah, I see. Thanks for the prompt response. I would have liked a slight chance to get lost in ocean instead of none (but that deceptively large chance and it working on coastal tiles wasn't fun), but I think having to manage voyages due to scurvy attrition is an acceptable substitute for now.

On the bright side, this gives me time to enjoy a game instead of wanting to cast it out as soon as the next ExCE version comes out (which I imagine would have been very soon) because you're a coding monster :p

Sukritact's Revenge!

As for the changes in naval exploration that can be mulled over until you have your computer fixed (salty about it being broken :sad: ), I guess that's what was present in the feedback:

- lower Scurvy damage to 10 HP.
- lower Scurvy chance to 33%.
- keep Scurvy and chance of disappearing only for Ocean tiles
- make sure disappearing chance stays very low. I would make it a chance upon ending a turn, and not upon entering a tile - if possible.

- two options for Ocean movement:

a) return to vanilla Ocean movement cost.
b) return to vanilla Ocean movement cost (perhaps make it cost 1.25 or 1.5 instead of 2), and implement the rudimentary wind strength system.

Opposite Wind (or In Irons): -2 movement points
Calm: -1 movement point
Breeze: no change
Good Wind: +1 movement point
Running Wind: +2 movement points
Gale: +2 movement points, take 10HP damage.

Breeze and Good Wind have the most chance to appear, Calm and Running Wind is like 10-15%, the most extreme ones have 2-5% chance.

I think that's all. It just needs to be less extreme than what people have described, and mostly occur in Ocean instead of Coast.

Sukritact's Revenge!

As for the changes in naval exploration that can be mulled over until you have your computer fixed (salty about it being broken :sad: ), I guess that's what was present in the feedback:

- lower Scurvy damage to 10 HP.
- lower Scurvy chance to 33%.
- keep Scurvy and chance of disappearing only for Ocean tiles
- make sure disappearing chance stays very low. I would make it a chance upon ending a turn, and not upon entering a tile - if possible.

- two options for Ocean movement:

a) return to vanilla Ocean movement cost.
b) return to vanilla Ocean movement cost (perhaps make it cost 1.25 or 1.5 instead of 2), and implement the rudimentary wind strength system.

Opposite Wind (or In Irons): -2 movement points
Calm: -1 movement point
Breeze: no change
Good Wind: +1 movement point
Running Wind: +2 movement points
Gale: +2 movement points, take 10HP damage.

Breeze and Good Wind have the most chance to appear, Calm and Running Wind is like 10-15%, the most extreme ones have 2-5% chance.

I think that's all. It just needs to be less extreme than what people have described, and mostly occur in Ocean instead of Coast.

Totally aggree.

8 pages of comments and I only just realised this had been released :O
Praise be to his Modjesty. I look forward to my expanded exploration experience continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom