1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ExtraModMod continued

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by lfgr, Jun 16, 2019.

1. lfgr

lfgr King

Could you post the PythonDbg.log after loading?

2. Tielby

Tielby Prince

I'm not an expert by any means, but I wonder if this is a residual effect of the problems you were having before. From looking back at your previous posts, I think the last time you scrubbed and reinstalled was on May 10th, and you all have done quite a bit of fiddling since then. Might be worth trying with a clean install.

3. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

Attached!
    I'll try this!

Attached Files:

4. Tielby

Tielby Prince

I've got units attacking Yersinia, the first unit I've encountered with the Fear trait in this game, and the message is flashing that they're too afraid to attack, but they attack. None of the units have the Courage promotion.

lfgr likes this.
  5. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

I've just tried again with a fresh installer and one more change: I renamed the "Fall From Heaven.ini" file that gets created by the installer to "ExtraModMod.ini" so that that ini file gets used, instead of a new one being created. I started a game, went for one turn then saved and loaded the resulting save. Right now I can't build the Shrine of the Champions and I cannot research Seafaring so everything looks like its working! IDK if its because of the .ini or because I reinstalled everything again

Edit: Reloaded a save at turn 136: No shrine, no seafaring! All is well

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Tielby and lfgr like this.
  6. omegaflames

omegaflames Warlord

IIRC a change in the folder name for the mod requires a change in the file name for the ini file as well. I believe this is because of the ForceGameOptions setting needing to be applied. This is something I ran across when I first began creating my own personal version of MNAI as well. Simple name changes can have far reaching effects :)

DuskTreader likes this.
  7. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

A new bug, though not catastrophic. I've attached the text of the two related error. I was able to hit "ignore once" and continue playing with no apparent ill effect. I've attached the save immediately afterwards. Each occurred twice during the same AI turn. My best guess as to the cause is that this bug occurred a couple of turns after The Blight Armageddon Counter event.

Attached Files:

lfgr likes this.
  8. Tielby

Tielby Prince

I realize this is a rare instance, but...
    I've got Nightwatch units who were given the Shadow 1 promotion (by Govannon), and now they have the Blur action button twice. If I'm not mistaken, only EMM gives the Nightwatch units the Blur action by default, so this issue wouldn't crop up in MNAI.

Attached Files:

lfgr likes this.
  9. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

I don't know if this is an issue and I don't know how it happened but this worker is eligible for a promotion

Attached Files:

lfgr and Tielby like this.
  10. Tielby

Tielby Prince

Maybe they finally unionized? :lol:

DuskTreader and DarkLunaPhantom like this.
  11. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

A new assert failed. No idea what caused it. I've attached the saves before and after and the logs. No apparent ill effect from it except that the game was briefly "Not Responding" according to the task manager but then resumed responding.

Attached Files:

12. lfgr

lfgr King

Thanks, this means that some AI unit cannot decide what to do (due to some bug in the AI code). There should be no further problems. I'll check out the saves.
    By the way, I know I promised you a non-debug DLL (these run much faster), but I'll skip that, if you don't mind, as there will be a release soon anyway.

13. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

Works for me! The debug DLL has been running fine

14. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

This one is just a graphics glitch, but for some reason this forest (and various other tiles) are shown as producing 3 hammers but really produce 2

EDIT: The graphics glitch disappeared upon reloading

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  15. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

I've encountered this bug again, this time with no clear connection to The Blight. I've attached the logs that updated when it occurred. The asserts were exactly the same and once again there were two of each. Once again no obvious effect on the game from it

Attached Files:

lfgr likes this.
  16. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

are forts acting as canals not a thing anymore?

17. lfgr

lfgr King

They should act as canals.

18. Tielby

Tielby Prince

Same problem Shadow units and the "Haste" action button.

19. lfgr

lfgr King

I didn't check yet, but I believe these are two slightly different spells; the Council of Esus version costs gold. I thought of adding a small gold icon in the corner.
    Disabling the non-free version would be nicer, but that would be a bit messy on the code side.

Tielby likes this.
  20. DuskTreader

DuskTreader Chieftain

They do not. Consider this save:

I have three types of ships: Privateers, Man'O'Wars and Frigates. There are two improvements that should be acting as canals: the fort east of Niveus and the castle south of Glens of Killybegs. None of my ships can go through either canal.

Attached Files: