[to_xp]Gekko;12984806 said:
do you think you could also add support for this? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487504

it's basically a solid coastline pangaea with more balanced starting locations, perfect for MP imo :)

The biggest problem is time, and the higher priority of other issues. As I mentioned I only plan to add support for default Pangaea and Archipelago. There are more pressing features requiring implementation in ExtraModMod which at the current rate could take even years. Any other MapScripts will have to be adapted to MapScriptTools by others :)

Thank you for the report. I have created a report for this issue.

sea serpent also...

Spoiler :

always on loading extramod

Assert Failed

File: CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 3799
Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message: info type NO_FEATURE not found, Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4SpellInfos.xml
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

sea serpent also...

Spoiler :

Thanks! I have added it to the "animal sell value" issue.

always on loading extramod

I cannot reproduce that assert with a clean version of ExtraModMod 0.4.0-beta2 (I get no asserts on load at all). Certain python additions to mods (such as other versions of MapScriptTools besides the one included in a clean beta2) can trigger that assert on load. Are you using any additions (MapScripts, scenarios or others)?

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Thank you for the report! Tectonics has been fixed for the next release. If anyone is interested on getting it now you can download it here: https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/mapsc...7fae41d97411273a0197/PrivateMaps/Tectonics.py

Sorry, I meant besides the ones already included in ExtraModMod, in the PublicMaps folder or elsewhere :)

jep, probably must delete "noncompatible maps". But it is not worth a shot, I can press "always ignore" and that's all.

Animals and their spaning rate is OK, you can alway sell...

savages and barb spawning rate is OK - no too many but always keep your eyes open.

looting archers are pain in the ass, though

Must prepare for looting barb naval vessels - never done it.

Have not tried "raging barbarians" option yet

I'd make "grand menagerie " national wonder - everyone cam get it now ( at least chances are reasonable)

AI ljofo DoW on me approximatly 50 turns ago ( normal speed) we're sharing the same religion. Thing is- I yet have to see even one ljofo unit at the visible range. And AI lofo ( thessa ) refuses to sign a peace treaty.

looting archers are pain in the ass, though

Scorpion clan archers are supposed to spawn from goblin forts after barbs get bowyers. Others should not spawn at all, but I got one in my last game as well. No idea why, I'll dig a bit in the XML, maybe a typo or something.

Besides, how did you manage to capture a sea animal? I know you can get sea serpents from lairs, but tortoises?

Besides, how did you manage to capture a sea animal? I know you can get sea serpents from lairs, but tortoises?

sea animals - satyrs via thier special promotion at the coast...

and spiders are too cheap - as cheap as lions but spiders are stronger and do not spawn as frequently...IIRC 11-18, i'd sell spiders for 15- 23 for instance...

Spiders giving less gold is intentional. Same with scorpions. OTOH, jungle animals and especially elefants give more gold than their rarity and strength would implicate. I wanted to reward different strategies for different animals, rather than just "catch and sell".
Scorpions already have a pretty powerful building in midgame. But admittedly they lack something in earlygame, as spiders do (invisible and hidden nationality is good if enemies have no scouts, but they only have 1 move).
Maybe give scorpions extra poision combat? I think buff to 6 strength could make than worth in combat (except agains hunters) in earlygame, but still easy to catch with hunters.

Exploration rewards -so far

poisoned blade promo, courage promo, a golden age. + Xp from exploring.

No big deal and I like it - the last thing we need are gamebreaking rewards form rotten and forgotten dungeons....

jep, probably must delete "noncompatible maps". But it is not worth a shot, I can press "always ignore" and that's all.

Yes, other MapScripts can cause assert errors but still be compatible with ExtraModMod. It is not worth the effort to remove them as it is a known assert :)

Animals and their spaning rate is OK, you can alway sell...

savages and barb spawning rate is OK - no too many but always keep your eyes open.

I still need to play more test games, but for now my opinion is that barbarians gain technologies a bit too fast. I also noticed that bandit lords are way too frequent; we could be getting one every ten turns or so. I also wonder if bandits should get a penalty when attacking cities.

Maybe give scorpions extra poision combat? I think buff to 6 strength could make than worth in combat (except agains hunters) in earlygame, but still easy to catch with hunters.

Extra poison combat seems somewhat excessive IMO.

I'll look at home.

I should have it somewhere, but maybe on an old hard drive
(I don't recon FFH having guilds.... )
Gekko : any idea of the year / months of its release ? I had a 1-2 years iatus in downloading FFH version..

Fire had the most content, what with Summoners and Mages being separate units ^_^

So maybe look there. I am doubtful that you'll find "guilds" as they are in Master of Magic, or even Orbis, but u might find something.

[to_xp]Gekko;12996360 said:
what you need is ffh2 0.33g, but I'm afraid it won't be easy to come by :/

I was afraid I would get that answer... Thank you for telling me the precise version :)

I'll look at home.

I should have it somewhere, but maybe on an old hard drive

That would be awesome :)

(I don't recon FFH having guilds.... )
Gekko : any idea of the year / months of its release ? I had a 1-2 years iatus in downloading FFH version..

The only information I have is about the release of guilds, but I don't know in which date they were removed. I found it in the link below:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6099710&postcount=1

Fire had the most content, what with Summoners and Mages being separate units ^_^

So maybe look there. I am doubtful that you'll find "guilds" as they are in Master of Magic, or even Orbis, but u might find something.

For starters I'm interested in the original implementation. I would also be very interested on finding any post which details the plans Kael had for them in the future. Once I know what the original idea was, I'll check other ModMods to check for alternatives too :)

Guids for food "buffs" - why - in FFH there is abundance of food

Guilds for hammers -as long as you can build 1 unit per turn - not worth a shot

Guids for culture boost - suits for cultural victory, but it is only optional

Guilds for gold - OP comparably with previous guilds ...

...and beakers - ditto

Fall From Heaven did used to have guilds [source] but that's all I know.

Top Bottom