Faded/blurred graphics

Lewi11

Chieftain
My whole game screen seems slightly faded and blurred. Like it has a grey tinge.
At first, relaunching the game fixed the problem and made the graphics sharp again.
But now it seems to be permanently faded. I've tried playing around (and lowering) the graphics settings but nothing seems to work.

Anyone had this problem? Know of a solution?

This has to do (mostly) with Graphic Cards parameters as defined by their configuration "programs".

NVidia & AMD & Radeon (etc) all have specific devices & various settings that can enhance, sharpen & fiddle with plenty of Monitor/Screen values. DVI & HDMI cabling also can make or break good enough results as do the Monitor calibration, btw.

Since i own a NVidia GTX760.. i can only give details on some settings that solved my "Faded & Blurred" screens when i was trying to fix that stuff on my PC.

1) First make sure you have a recent Driver and verify Manufacturers forums for inherent flaws with too recent drivers .. as they can provide much better stability and options while Civ6 *IS* a very recent title with a number of optimal GFX features.

2) Desktop "color settings" are certainly important as well .. they can add deep effects to an otherwise "Greyed-out" screen. My brightness=52% & Contrast=47% & so on.

3) 3D parameters are also key to find a better GFX environment. I won't go to the entire list of possible experiments anyone can do but the essential stands into the full-blown explanations given by these programs. There's FXAA, Filtering, Shadow Effects, Occlusion, VSync, Threading, Multi-Processors.. and many more.

Here's my exact settings (( sorry for the french.. :) )) pulled straight from NVidia Control panel...

Secondly, the Ingame options might seem like a good way to adjust the generic ouput your monitor gets to (or can) display.. but what matters most is how the basic gamut is defined at the source by Drivers and their fine-tuning features.

Do a quick web search and you'll certainly find extra important information on Graphic Cards settings.
For example; this Min-Max summary for XCom2 is very interesting;

Last edited:
This has to do (mostly) with Graphic Cards parameters as defined by their configuration "programs".

NVidia & AMD & Radeon (etc) all have specific devices & various settings that can enhance, sharpen & fiddle with plenty of Monitor/Screen values. DVI & HDMI cabling also can make or break good enough results as do the Monitor calibration, btw.

Since i own a NVidia GTX760.. i can only give details on some settings that solved my "Faded & Blurred" screens when i was trying to fix that stuff on my PC.

1) First make sure you have a recent Driver and verify Manufacturers forums for inherent flaws with too recent drivers .. as they can provide much better stability and options while Civ6 *IS* a very recent title with a number of optimal GFX features.

2) Desktop "color settings" are certainly important as well .. they can add deep effects to an otherwise "Greyed-out" screen. My brightness=52% & Contrast=47% & so on.

3) 3D parameters are also key to find a better GFX environment. I won't go to the entire list of possible experiments anyone can do but the essential stands into the full-blown explanations given by these programs. There's FXAA, Filtering, Shadow Effects, Occlusion, VSync, Threading, Multi-Processors.. and many more.

Here's my exact settings (( sorry for the french.. :) )) pulled straight from NVidia Control panel...

Secondly, the Ingame options might seem like a good way to adjust the generic ouput your monitor gets to (or can) display.. but what matters most is how the basic gamut is defined at the source by Drivers and their fine-tuning features.

Do a quick web search and you'll certainly find extra important information on Graphic Cards settings.
For example; this Min-Max summary for XCom2 is very interesting;

Thanks for the comprehensive info! Coincidentally we have the same video card. I downloaded G-Force Experience and the latest driver and changed the setting there to the highest. Strangely the default settings were quite low. I guess that's what was causing the greying/blurring. With the highest settings, Civ VI still runs smoothly.

Top Bottom