Failed to Load WOTM#33

Sorry, when you said "just", I thought you meant "just now".

Carazycool

I assume that it is likely that I made an error when selecting and posting the files. So my proposal to send you the warlords asset folder to give it another try.

hey srad,

i just uninstalled and re-downloaded warlords and patched it up and the same thing happened. sure, i'm willing to try that. i'll PM you my e-mail

i got it working! srad sent me some files that, along with fresh cvgamecoreDLL files, did the trick

thanks so much guys.

Carazycool

Maybe we can provide a solution description for all those who want to play with the steam version.
Do you remember what you did exactly after you got my files?

(I know this is a difficult question :lol: I forgot it also after it was running. Copied several files around ....)

1. I replaced the folders in the warlords assets folder with the folders that you sent me.

2. I downloaded and replaced the cvgamecoreDLL files in

SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets

and

SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Warlords\Assets

note: what confused me mostly is that there is a "Warlords" folder within the "sid meier's civilization iv warlords" folder.

Hey, this seems like as good a thread as any to post this.... I've been trying (for about 12 hrs now) to figure out how to play the WOTM with HoF mod. I've downloaded the mod and when I open it to play I get the "not an administrator" pop-up. I can play the game fine. No issues there, but it won't let me participate in HOF.

I've read through the Vista's fixes and I feel like I've done all the steps but still no play. I've got to be close but I may not be understanding how to "share" things correctly as I'm really not very good at this stuff.

Quick recap of what I've done:

Went into program files and found Firaxis. Did the General and Security properties things.

Switched the permissions. In other words, I completed all the steps in the first part with no problems.

Then, because I have multiple users on this computer, I attempted to do the file sharing stuff but I'm not sure what I'm doing there.

I went into the Firaxis folder and "shared" it and then I changed the permissions to "full control". I did that for the Firaxis, CivIV, Warlords, Mods, and HOFMod folders. It still doesn't work so now I'm here.

Help please!!!

We need to know a couple of things:

What operating system are you using? Win XP, Vista or 7?
What version of Warlords do you have, Separate on a disk, part of Civ4 Complete or a version from STEAM?
Do you have BTS installed?

edit - You must play the game in an administrator account. If you are sharing the computer, then the account you use must be set to administrator. In Control Panel, User Accounts you can check to see if the account you are logged into is an Administrator account. If not, you can try to change it to one. When you select your account, you can select "Change your account type".

If you are unsuccessful, you can create a new account and ensure it is an administrator account

Hope this helps?

I've got the Vista OS. I've got the CivIV Gold Edition and the first BtS that came out. I didn't need to patch vanilla or warlords cuz they're already set. BtS has been patched to the 3.19.

Like I said, I ran into this a year ago when I tried to get the BAT 2.3 mod installed. Someone helped me then and I eventually got it to work. It ended up just being a shortcut on my desktop I could double-click and immediately access the game so I know it's possible to get this done somehow.

Since my last post, I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling it to a Games folder directly on the c drive. Getting it all out from underneath the Program Files. That has not worked and after doing it, I realized that's where everything already was so I didn't accomplish anything other than uninstalling the BAT mod that actually worked. (I haven't tried putting that back in yet and I probably won't until I figure out the HoF).

I've also created another user account with Admin privileges. That hasn't worked either. I have not gone in and tried the Vista "fixes" listed in the HoF page but it didn't work for my regular admin acct so I'm not sure why it would work for the new admin acct. I'll probably try it while I wait for more ideas from you guys but I'm not holding my breath.

As I said above, I don't know anything about the file sharing stuff. I'm basically the only user on this computer although there are a couple other accounts set up on it. Those accounts would never play Civ games however so I'm not sure the file sharing matters.

Anyway, here I am. Stuck.

I'm trying to remember back a year ago to what we did to fix things then and I seem to have a very foggy memory of having to go into a file or 3 and change some minor things. I can't remember what they were though.

You're help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Have you elevated the HoF Mod and Warlords and everything to Run as Administrator, or whatever Vista calls it?

(Sorry if the above is garbage. I'm a Mac-head, so I don't *do* Vista).

As I recall, there are two distinct steps in the vista fix. One is to set the executable file to run as administrator. The other is to set all the files in the folder of an installed mod (or maybe also the installed game) to have the right set of read and write priviledges (I don't recall the details of what to set to, but I think the HOF vista fix page has the details).

Oh, and I think some folks find that it might matter whether the mod is in My Games area or in Program Files area, so that is another thing to try out.

dV

addendum: I don't have any experience with multiple user issues, can't help there.

@srad: thanks so much for posting the 4 replacement files for the asset folder! :king:
i am running warlords on steam now and it seems you just and still need them, if you want to play the WOTM-games.

Top Bottom