Failing wonders

But the rate is lower than 20% currently, or is that wrong? Just wanted to point out that I find that good, not advertising to lower it :)

You shouldn't use a great engineer unless the wonder finishes the same turn. I've won many games where I missed wonders part way through production, no need to abandon ship.

You shouldn't use a great engineer unless the wonder finishes the same turn. I've won many games where I missed wonders part way through production, no need to abandon ship.
That's a good recommendation because otherwise you could lose both the wonder and the GP.

I would be in favor of a non-linear formula.
Example:
+ If the wonder was 10% finished, you gain 1% (0.10*0.10) of the prod value in culture.
+ If the wonder was 50% finished, you gain 25% (0.50*0.50) of the prod value in culture.
+ If the wonder was ~99% finished, you gain ~99% of the prod value in culture.
Those values are probably not the good ones to take, but I think you got the idea.

I would be in favor of a non-linear formula.
Example:
+ If the wonder was 10% finished, you gain 1% (0.10*0.10) of the prod value in culture.
+ If the wonder was 50% finished, you gain 25% (0.50*0.50) of the prod value in culture.
+ If the wonder was ~99% finished, you gain ~99% of the prod value in culture.
Those values are probably not the good ones to take, but I think you got the idea.
That would make Stonehenge 1st a great idea every game. Fail and get your first policy super fast, succeed and get a religion.

I don't think this area needs a change.

If I was going to suggest a big change or modmod though I would make failed attempts turn into production in a unit or building with a slight loss. (Preferably a themed building, like failing great library puts 75% of the production into a library.)

But overall I think it's fine. Early game losing a wonder can ruin your game, but mid-game and on it's a fair choice.

According to (2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Wonders\WonderChanges.sql actual conversion is 33%, that I find fine.

The value can be seen during the turn looking at the notificacion log.

Code:
INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'BALANCE_CULTURE_PERCENTAGE_VALUE', '33'
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_WONDER_CONSOLATION_TWEAK_ENABLER' AND Value= 1 )

Top Bottom