Fall Flat Release

Iceciro

Special Ability: Decimate
***Thanks to Vehem's assistance, Fall Flat now has a setup program.***

********Release Candidate Five is out - compatible with Fall Further's Patch L!******

All previous Release Candidates and versions were private internal alphas.

Welcome to Fall Flat 0.4 - Release Candidate 5!!!

**Note**
Fall Flat uses a new version of Fall Further's CvGameCoreDLL.dll released by the community as a stopgap measure to assist with stopping crashes. If you experience any problems with this DLL, or if you wish to play multiplayer, Fall Flat will work correctly and fine with the CvGameCoreDLL.dll released in Fall Further's Patch J and you may simply copy it into Fall Flat's Assets directory.

Spoiler How To Install Fall Flat without breaking anything! :
Instructions:
Install Fall From Heaven 0.40
Install Fall From Heaven's most recent patch
Install Fall Further 0.50
Install Fall Further 0.50 Patch L
Run Fall Flat's setup program!

The easiest way to test is to see if the Svartalfar have a second leader. If they don't, you're doing it wrong. :lol:

Purpose Statement:
Fall Flat's purpose is to take the excellent base of Fall Further and tweak it more, bringing lagging civilizations up to snuff and increasing the AI's ability to function in both single and multiplayer environments. Fall Flat seeks to add new units, spells, and abilities that fit into the Dark Fantasy atmosphere, and provide players with a difficult but rewarding game.

A forward from Iceciro on Balance:
Some of the civilizations may seem overpowered when going over the patchnotes. This may be the case, but my ultimate goal is not to suckerpunch flavor for existing civilizations to bring them down, but add more lore-appropriate abilities and units to the lagging civilizations. We're going for more "Clash of the Titans" and less "Flight of the Bumblebees" with this one.

--Changes from RC 3 to RC 5--
Added Jotnar.
Xiven has custom diplomacy music.
Behind the scenes tweaks to the AIs.

*-Changelists-*

Spoiler Overall Game Changes :
*Icons, Civilopedia Entries, etc that did not fit the Dark Fantasy atmosphere cultivated by FFH have been removed. This chiefly includes the Monty Python references.

*AI has been given better choices of opening techs, hopefully to ensure each AI gets off to a solid start, and ensure that eventually they get their unqiue units/features. This should still remain fairly random though... it has been done with a fair bit of leeway on pathing.

*AI has been blocked from overbuilding some early units, to ensure it doesn't make a force out of only Lightbringers...

*Evil Civilizations may build the Altar of Lunnotar. (I am stil seeking a new name and flavor for it, as it doesn't fit, nor has it in a long time.)

*The Trojan Horse unit has been removed to free up Deception to be a religious-only technology, and because I never liked it.

*Defensive Pacts are moved to Way of the Wise, to free up Honor as a religious-only technology.

*Agnostic civs are barred from researching Honor and Deception.

*Any recon unit in a city with Council of Esus, under a leader with CoE as a State Religion, may pay a small fee to show their "loyalty" and become a follower of Esus.

*Religious Buildings across the board now train disciples. Holy City wonders train the fastest.

*Summoned units do not cause War Weariness when they die.

*Crusader and Paramander units may use all weapon classes. Both units reduced to 6 total strength (5+1 Holy for Crusaders, 6 for Paramanders) and increased cost to 130 to not compete completly with Champion-level units, but rather be a second option for their civs.

*Many unique, low level units do not obsolete - these include Moroi, Soldiers of Kilmorph, and more.

*Arquebus limited to 6 per player. (To prevent the lategame from becoming an Arquebus Spamfest.)

*Basic Scouts limited to 6 per player. (To prevent the AI from building them as the mainstay of a force in the early game.)

*Purge the Unfaithful is repeatable - once every 150 turns. Rites of Oghma is repeatable, once every 100 turns.

*Raider attribute once again gives units Commando promotion.

*Decius is Adaptive/Organized/Conqueror, with Conqueror being his permanant trait.

*-All- wonders that affect more than one city give their benefits to the entire team now, rather than just the player.

*Tower of Complacency cost reduced from 750 to 450 hammers.

*A new building, the Hunter's Hall, is available at tracking and passively trains Recon units. The Shrouded Woods replace this building for the Svaltarfar.

*Two new leaders: One for the Svartalfar, and Xivan T'nava, a usurper from Erebus' past that may lead a number of civs.

**Civilization-specific Changes**
Spoiler Amurites :
*The Amurites have a new building, the Wizard's Hall - a replacement for the Mage's Guild. It allows them to passively train mage units slightly faster. This building also enables any Amurite unit to have the chance to start with a random promotion based on the manatypes the civilization has at their disposal. Building a Cave of the Ancestors in that same city will allow Amurite units to start with stronger spells.

*The chance for an Amurite unit to start with spells increases as they hold more mana nodes.

*Amurite Wizards are now cheaper in cost to upgrade and come with a stronger combat strength.

*Amutites gain a new Unique Unit, the Battlemage, an Archmage replacement. Battlemages are stronger than their counterparts in other civilizations, and can use all tiers of weapons. Battlemages also have a bonus against enemy land units, meaning they can travel with an Amurite army with a much greater degree of saftey.

*Amurite Wizards and Battlemages start with the Kylorin's Legacy promotion, increasing spell damage and making their spells harder to resist, while allowing them to shrug off the spells of others more easily.

*Xivan T'nava may lead the Amurites.

Spoiler Archos :
*Daracaat is no longer a Barbarian leader.

Spoiler Bannor :
*The Bannor have a new unit, the Cleric, which is buildable with a Pagan Temple, and allows them to heal their combat stacks, keeping the beatdown rolling. Clerics are a limited number national unit.

Spoiler Calabim :
*Death I has been removed from all Vampires - the Cabalim did not need it to remain highly competitive, especially with the below change to Burning Blood and Moroi. They retain access to the Body sphere.

*Burning Blood is less likely to make units go Barbarian, but more likely to wear off sooner.

*Vampires do not obsolete Moroi.

*Xivan T'nava may lead the Calabim.

Spoiler Dovellio :
*Leader traits for the Doviello have changed -
*Mahala - Charismatic/Raiders/Barbarian
*Charadon - Aggressive/Warlord/Barbarian

Spoiler Elohim :
*Devouts now require only Preisthood and Hunting Lodges. They lose immunity to First Strikes, however.

Spoiler Grigori :
*Luonnotar have the Behold! ability (a clone of Wonder, for now.)

Spoiler Hippus :
*The Hippus now have a new Unique Building, the Fields of the Horselords. This special jousting tilt is available at Horseback Riding instead of feudalism, and allows the Hippus to train their units twice as high with passive experience.

Spoiler Illians :
*Samhain requires Mysticism.

Spoiler Kahdi :
*The Khadi can now gain elemental summons once they have the right types of mana, a planar gate, and a meditation hall in a city. The number of Elementals summoned by a particular type will be increased with the more mana of that type you have. They cannot build Champions.

*The Khadi palace now increases War Weariness, as you should have the summons to assist your main lines (Summons do not suffer from War Weariness, even when summoned from Vault Gates.)

*Kahdi Vault Gate cost drastically reduced from 300 to 180 hammers.

*Kahdi buildings now give better info regarding Gate Creatures.

Spoiler Lanun :
*The Lanun may work water tiles with Seafaring (their starting tech) but access to any resources/work boats will require them to research the standard Fishing technology.

*Guybrush Threepwood has been changed to Francois Murteir, a capable melee combat hero who has traded in the ability to sing silly songs for the ability to "pressgang" defeated units into the service of the Lanun.

Spoiler Ljosalfar :
*Dexterity now gives a hefty increase to elven ranged units' Ranged Attack, instead of boosting offensive combat strength.

Spoiler Malakim :
*The Malakim are taken care of by Valkrionn and Deon's collective work of awesome, Malakim+! This is fully integrated into Fall Flat with the exception of the ability to build Oasis through spells.

Spoiler Scions of Patria :
*New art for the Scions' religious buildings.

*The Cathedral of Rebirth is now tied to Temples of the Gift as opposed to Halls of the Covenant.

*Scions can build the Flesh Studio and Vacant Masoleum in non-capital cities. The Necropolis building no longer has a GPP penalty. The Flesh Studio is a replacement for the Infirmary.

*Pelemoc's Succor spell reduced to 2 turn casting time.

*Xivan T'nava may lead the Scions of Patria. He can trick Korinna the Protector into his service. He may build the Vacant Mausoleum, but the Risen Emperor will not spawn for a usurper of his throne. His Usurper trait will effect Legates, Doomsayers, and Doomgivers like the preists of standard religions.

*Slightly more Awakened should spawn per the map size.

*Emperor's Martyrs are trainable without the God King civic.

*The Imperial Cenotaph building is now a Scion replacement for Courthouses (that costs more hammers.)

*Scions have access to the Tower of Complacency wonder again (After all, only Xivan T'nava can obtain it now.)

*Korinna is now Agnostic, and can build the Temple of the Gift and the Scion preist unit line. The Risen Emperor can still not construct the Vacant Mausoleum.

*The Risen Emperor is now Immortal, to make up for the fact that Korinna cannot summon herself (who becomes immortal at Fanaticism.)

Spoiler Sidar :
*Divided Souls unit ability is now provided by the Soul Divider promotion, enabling the Sidar recon line to be upgraded from Divided Souls and retain this ability.

*Xivan T'nava may lead the Sidar.

Spoiler Svartalfar :
*The Shrouded Woods building is now a Hunters' Hall replacement. It costs fewer hammers and trains Recon units higher than the standard Hunters' Hall allows, while still giving the Shrouded promotion. Recon units with Forest Stealth from the Shrouded promotion also gain +1 poison combat.

*The Svartalfar have a new leader, Camilon Jivorn. He is Aggressive/Warlord.

New Leader Traits:

Spoiler Xivan T'nava :
Xivan is Organized/Charismatic/Usurper. He is a new leader, and he may lead the Amurites, Calabim, Scions, or Sidar.

Spoiler Usurper Leader Trait :
Usurper is a new trait that turns all disciple units produced by the leader into Arcane Units and removes the Divine trait from them. This locks them off their normal promotion lines and prevents them from casting Divine spells. However, at Sorcery, those units may spend five turns in a city with a Mage's Guild in order to gain access to Channeling I - letting them take Spellsphere promotions. Upon attaining Strength of Will they may do this again to regain access to the Divine trait through the ritual of Theft of the Divine.

Usurper leaders cannot create High Preists, but instead create Mendacite units (see below).

**Mendacite units**
For Usurper leaders (Currently, only Xiven T'nava), Mendacites replace the High Priest unit (of every religion). They cost a greater sum of money to upgrade. Like all Disciple units, the Mendacites start with Usurper. They can undergo Mage Training to gain access to Arcane Spells, as well as gaining the Divine trait through Theft of the Divine. They may spend a turn changing their "religion" instead of casting a spell.

Mendacites may only swap religions if you've researched the corresponding religious technology.

Spoiler Warlord Leader Trait :
**New Trait: Warlord**
The Warlord trait doubles the production speed of all training buildings, and increases experience gained from combat for Melee, Recon, and Archery units. It is given to Camilon Jivorn and Charadon.

So are you interested? Curious? Or just bored? Doesn't matter! Download link is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=26af864f600556a008f8df73f2072ed6816d78bfc3af8090c95965eaa7bc68bc

Special thanks go out to:
The Fall Flat Team (Iceciro! Yeah, that's it....)
The Fall Flat Alphatesters (Inquizitor, Pratz_Strike, and Void(Null))
The Fall Flat Betatesters (Everybody who posts in this thread with advice or comments!)
The Fall Further Team, for being helpful as I made the trek from wanting to fix things to this monstrosity!
The Fall From Heaven Team, because without them none of us would be playing Fall Further or Fall Flat!
And the Civfanatics forums, for being the best modding community I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. You guys all rock!

Stuff was borrowed from:
Malakim+ - Thanks Valk!
Orbis modmodmod: He made the mistake of telling me I could borrow what I wanted.... Much appreciation to him for it though! :)

Spoiler Reserved for future changelogs :
Watch out, behold, the dawn of a million souls!

Spoiler Reserved, in case I need it! :
On the fourth crusade, in the realm of shade...

What's on Ice's menu for the future? (This post will remain updated.)

In no particular order

1) The Mendacites are going to need some kind of balancing beyond what they have now, I believe. Many options floating around, including forcing them to kill enemy units to take their divine sparks, which they can occasionally lose (forcing them to stay on the field) or having them lose the sparks and have to head home to a city with a Mage's Guild (preventing how far they can wander around.) They also really need some custom artwork.

2) One unit does not a fun Bannor civ make. The Clerics also need custom arts.

3) The Dovellio still need some flavor and balancing work.

4) The Archos will probabaly get an ability to chance a recon unit to capture a Giant Spider from the barbs.

5) I'd like to return Great Generals from combat.

6) There is always more room for AI work.

7) The Grigori will spawn adventurers like the Scions spawn Awakened.

I am here, ready to grab it... :cool:

I guess this forum posts-dissapearing thing is not much new, unfortunatelly. I also had a couple of post I would swar I had post and seen in a thread, but where no longer there a few minutes after. Fortunatelly they contained nothing really important...

Well, I managed to find it in my history - hooray firefox! - and this time I have it saved to a notepad file!

lots of good changes in here, well done man! I'm definitely gonna try this as soon as I'm done with this economic sociology crap I have to read through right now... :lol:

for the time being, I'll just list my comments on the changelog:

1) "Copy the Fall Further 050 directory from your mods folder and name that new copy Fall Flat Fall Flat 0.4 RC Alpha3" is this correct? Fall Flat Fall Flat? or is it supposed to be Fall Flat only? :p

2) "*Evil Civilizations may build the Altar of Lunnotar." I definitely don't think they should be able to do that. wouldn't it be better to add the Altar of the Damned from Methuselah's Extended Religion modmod? ;) ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=305573 )

3) "*Summoned units do not cause War Weariness when they die." wasn't it that way in base FF already?

4) "*Raider attribute once again gives units Commando promotion." while it's sad to see the autopillage ability go, I agree with this change cuz I always thought the autopillage was way overpowered and extremely annoying to deal with.

5) "*Decius is Adaptive/Organized/Conqueror, with Conqueror being his permanant trait." I disagree with this change cuz I'd like Adaptive to be a trait that only some special leaders should have, and Decius already has the unique and awesome Conqueror trait ;)

6) "*Daracaat is no longer a Barbarian leader." I disagree, I think it fitted him great. I guess you got rid of barbarian cuz it made him overpowered? I'd rather see the Archos nerfed in some other way than losing the barb trait.

7) "*Mahala - Charismatic/Raiders/Barbarian" Argh! what have you done to my favourite leader?! :p totally disagree on that one. Ingenuity fitted her so well and it was awesome, and her not having the barbarian trait allowed one to choose between her and charadon for a very different experience.

8) "*The Malakim are taken care of by Valkrionn and Deon's collective work of awesome, Malakim+! This is fully integrated into Fall Flat with the exception of the ability to build Oasis through spells." HELL YEAH! :lol: why no oases though? that was a cool ability. if you think it was overpowered you could nerf it instead of removing it completely. pretty please? :p

9) "*Korinna is now Agnostic, and can build the Temple of the Gift and the Scion preist unit line. The Risen Emperor can still not construct the Vacant Mausoleum." so now the emperor is intolerant, korinna is agnostic and the new leader can adopt religions, right? well, as long as they have one leader capable of adopting religions it's good I guess... the fact that the only leader that can do that for Scions is a leader that's common to a few civs does disturb me though for some reason :D

oh, and since Ahwaric told you to borrow anything you like from Orbis... you know. borrow everything. :lol:

I am grabbing it right now..Ah, the pop up for finished download just appeard.
I have two comments based on the changes you have posted.
a) Amurites are becoming killers!(I like that), but I find the increase in combat strength for Arcane units, inapropriate. Perhaps a first strike immunity would be better. I forsee no need for any other units other than battlemages. Can cast stronger spells, and have increased strength...Yammy! :lol:

b)I think the Oasis is crusial to Malakim+ Rerelease. Even if you do not want to allow it through spells, I suggest to make it buildable, at least.

It sounds very entertaining to say the least. I will try it, for sure! :goodjob:

[to_xp]Gekko;7927636 said:
1) "Copy the Fall Further 050 directory from your mods folder and name that new copy Fall Flat Fall Flat 0.4 RC Alpha3" is this correct? Fall Flat Fall Flat? or is it supposed to be Fall Flat only? :p

2) "*Evil Civilizations may build the Altar of Lunnotar." I definitely don't think they should be able to do that. wouldn't it be better to add the Altar of the Damned from Methuselah's Extended Religion modmod? ;) ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=305573 )

3) "*Summoned units do not cause War Weariness when they die." wasn't it that way in base FF already?

4) "*Raider attribute once again gives units Commando promotion." while it's sad to see the autopillage ability go, I agree with this change cuz I always thought the autopillage was way overpowered and extremely annoying to deal with.

5) "*Decius is Adaptive/Organized/Conqueror, with Conqueror being his permanant trait." I disagree with this change cuz I'd like Adaptive to be a trait that only some special leaders should have, and Decius already has the unique and awesome Conqueror trait ;)

6) "*Daracaat is no longer a Barbarian leader." I disagree, I think it fitted him great. I guess you got rid of barbarian cuz it made him overpowered? I'd rather see the Archos nerfed in some other way than losing the barb trait.

7) "*Mahala - Charismatic/Raiders/Barbarian" Argh! what have you done to my favourite leader?! :p totally disagree on that one. Ingenuity fitted her so well and it was awesome, and her not having the barbarian trait allowed one to choose between her and charadon for a very different experience.

8) "*The Malakim are taken care of by Valkrionn and Deon's collective work of awesome, Malakim+! This is fully integrated into Fall Flat with the exception of the ability to build Oasis through spells." HELL YEAH! :lol: why no oases though? that was a cool ability. if you think it was overpowered you could nerf it instead of removing it completely. pretty please? :p

9) "*Korinna is now Agnostic, and can build the Temple of the Gift and the Scion preist unit line. The Risen Emperor can still not construct the Vacant Mausoleum." so now the emperor is intolerant, korinna is agnostic and the new leader can adopt religions, right? well, as long as they have one leader capable of adopting religions it's good I guess... the fact that the only leader that can do that for Scions is a leader that's common to a few civs does disturb me though for some reason :D

oh, and since Ahwaric told you to borrow anything you like from Orbis... you know. borrow everything. :lol:

1) Fixed-knew there'd be a mistake somewhere in that wall of text.
2) I got lazy with that one for now - I may give them a custom Altar for that side, or at the least change the Altar's name.
3) I'm not sure, but I flipped the tags to show it for all of the unitinfos. This is pretty important for the Khadi, moreso than most races.
4) Yeah, dealing with Raiders is brutal.
5) Decius, I'm not sold on. That change was made back with Xiven was a conqueror too, before he got his unique trait. I may change it back at some point.
6) That change actually has nothing to do with nerfing and everything to do with the fact that it doesn't seem to fit the civ, and the orcs will run through your lands and kill your baby spiders with Hidden Nationality.
7) She may get Ingenuity back, but I'm pretty sure Barbarian will stay. She doesn't really get any advantages from not being Barbarian - the 10% beaker loss is in addition to the no libraries, etc that are the real science producers, which she doesn't get even if not Barbarian.
8) They can still get them from Scorching regular tiles, just not the spell that randomly makes them. Playing through I didn't feel they needed it, but then again I'm very careful to settle them near rivers (Flood Plains on every tile = explosive Specialist Economy!)
9) The Emperor isn't Intolerant - he's also Agnostic. Xiven may lose access to the Scion's unique religious units (The Legate->Doomsayer->Doomspeaker line) but I haven't decided on that one. Losing that line hurts your ability to get reborn from combat pretty badly.

Regarding Orbis: There are some things I don't like and some things I really like. The Mechanos may come in at some time, but they'll take an extensive rework for me to bring them in, because they reference the Warhammer 40k universe WAYYYY too much as it stands.

I am grabbing it right now..Ah, the pop up for finished download just appeard.
I have two comments based on the changes you have posted.
a) Amurites are becoming killers!(I like that), but I find the increase in combat strength for Arcane units, inapropriate. Perhaps a first strike immunity would be better. I forsee no need for any other units other than battlemages. Can cast stronger spells, and have increased strength...Yammy! :lol:

b)I think the Oasis is crusial to Malakim+ Rerelease. Even if you do not want to allow it through spells, I suggest to make it buildable, at least.

It sounds very entertaining to say the least. I will try it, for sure! :goodjob:

A) Battlemages replace Archmages - you only get four of them. In some ways I see the four Battlemages as your civilization combat "hero", since Govannon has to stay home and teach people.
B) I have had no problems mauling my enemies with the Malakim sans Oasis, though this does require you to put your settlements near rivers more - not a bad thing in my opinion. You can still get them from burning off grasslands on occasion.

Upgrading a battlemage to a Lich will just get you a Lich with the Kylorin's Legacy promotion.

You know, one of the things I really like is that you added quite some uniqueness(and power :)) to Amurites.
So, now upgrading to a Lich is not that powerful for the Amurites, as it was :thumbsup:
I was wondering if you did anything about the spells...would you have done something not telling us?? Perhaps, some more interesting first level spells? Or more direct damage 3rd level spells?

I felt like for a civ that was so mage based the Amurites didn't have a lot going for their mages - especially when looking at the Khadi and their really early mages/archmages, XP wise.

Wow. Lots of stuff in this one, and I'll actually be playing a modmodmod for the first time.

Love the changes to the Amurites. My first civ waaay back in the days of Fire, haven't played them in ages due to their changes and gradual nerfing.

Never tried the Malakim+ [like I said, first mmm], so thanks for including them.

Very interested to read the civilopedia entries you've altered.

EDIT: I loved the install notes included in the zip.

Since you only have an Assets folder, it doesn't actually matter what name people install the mod under. Your ArtDefines_Misc will still point at "Fall Further 050" for the Resources directory to get your interface working. It is that file (and 2 others in Resource folder) which make it neccessary to use a specific mod name.

First 300 turns, only two notes:

Xivan:
-Add to the Great Prophet event an ability to purchase a GP regardless of alignment but at a much higher cost - 500 gold?

Events:
-Add an option to Muris Clan goblins to solve the situation with gold [200?]. This event frequently occurs very early in the game with a high probability of ruining your capitol. I have restarted several games due to its present incarnation. Unlike many of the other 'bad' events the effect is permanent - even getting nature mana later on will not allow you to fix the problem. Losing a food in your fat cross permanently SUCKS.

Looks like some very impressive work :goodjob:

On the topic of installers, I may be able to save you some work. The following is the one used for Fall Further (which I believe is still used by Orbis). It is for Inno - which is freeware and pretty powerful...

Spoiler :

Code:
AppId={{C7D8C738-A91A-4466-8D98-1CA9E286F48E}
AppName=Fall Further 050
AppVerName=Fall Further 050
DefaultDirName={reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Fall Further 050\
OutputBaseFilename=FFSetup050
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=yes
DisableProgramGroupPage=yes

[Types]
Name: "full"; Description: "Default installation"

[Components]
Name: "FF"; Description: "Fall Further Core Files"; Types: full; Flags: fixed
Name: "FFH"; Description: "Copy Fall from Heaven Files"; Types: full; Flags: fixed

[Languages]
Name: "english"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Default.isl"
Name: "french"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\French.isl"
Name: "german"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\German.isl"
Name: "italian"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\Italian.isl"

[Tasks]
Name: "desktopicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateDesktopIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags: unchecked

[Files]

Source: "{reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: external recursesubdirs createallsubdirs comparetimestamp; Components: FFH
Source: "P:\Utils\InstallJammer\FF\*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion recursesubdirs createallsubdirs; Components: FF
; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[Icons]
Name: "{userdesktop}\Fall Further 050"; Filename: "{reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"; Parameters: "mod=\Fall Further 050"; Tasks: desktopicon; IconFilename: "{app}\DeirdraIcon.ico"

[Run]
Filename: "{reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"; Parameters: "mod=\Fall Further 050"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,Fall Further}"; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

Under "Files" is a section that points to "{reg:HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword,INSTALLDIR}\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\*" - this is where the registry is read and the FfH files are copied. If you change that to be "Fall Further 050" rather than "Fall from Heaven 2" - it should do the same trick but copying Fall Further instead of the base mod files. All of the other instances of "Fall Further" in that script can pretty much be switched for "Fall Flat" as required...

The second "source" entry points to "P:\Utils\InstallJammer\FF\*" - that should be changed to point to wherever your distro files are (C:\Civ4Mods\FallFlat\* or similar...)

I like the changes. However, it makes my choice even harder: I like Fall Further for FfH, I like FfH itself, I like Orbis' mod and I'm very impressed by ERM modmod. If only there was a way to integrate them all for someone, who has such a lame modding ability, as I do...

By the way, why doesn't anyone consider adding Magocracy unique civic for Amurites - the one, we've seen in Fall From Heaven, which came in BtS pack?..

Top Bottom