Fall from Divine Intervention I: Amurite Analogies

patch X is in the Bug thread. Kael has posted it there ;)

Are you sure, I looked but there wasn't one, there is only patch y now... :(:(:(

Edit: Hmm, KAel says that patch y would not break save games, I will try that now.

The garden looked beautiful even at fall. Valledia walked between brown and gold trees and bushes as this place was the only one where she could rest her mind. "Peaceful and quiet." She thought. But then a unnatural light illuminated the garden and voice from nowhere resonated through the whole garden and Valledia body.

"I am Amathon the greatest and the strongest of all gods. I am God of Creation, Fertility and Inspiration." And as these word were pronounced a new leaves sprout out of the trees and fresh green grass covered with blossoms. "I am not the power of a tree growing through a rock. I am not the desire that leads living to seek new land behind the horizon. I am not the thought that resolves everything. I am much more. I am the will that desires to create new worlds and the power to carry out this will. I have chosen you as my champion Valledia. You will take care of Erebus, you will protect it from the forces of Destruction and I will grant you a power unmatched. You will improve it and I will give you bliss unparalleled. You will fall me and I will withdraw my blessings from you-

Wait! I have been blessed by you?

Well...Yes, you was. In fact I wasn't planning it but Bill from accounting made mistake somewhere and...things are where are they.

So what do you from me?

"Protect Erebus from Destruction. Create a Empire greater Patria. Create house for all races, temple for all beliefs, fill you marketplaces with all tongues. And rule not by sword and whip but by dreams and inspiration. Bring spark into heart of you people and I will reward you. Promote arts and thinkers and build monuments to celebrate the urge to create. And the bigger the monuments, the more I will be pleased. You have already started building one and I have blessed your people. Build them more and I will bless your belly with uncountable sons and daugh......err....I mean I will bless your people with uncountable sons and daughters. And one more thing: This "Multiculturalism" means also lot of funny looking and tasting cuisine in your cities, and Amurites are seriously lacking diversity in their cooking department. Make sure that I will have some sushi to eat when I will come next time"

That's all? Being nice to people, promotion of liberal arts and raw fish?

Yes. Just two thing: For some reason I can explain, I'm fond of lizards. If I will found some of them serving you, I will look mercifully. Enslave them, and I will smite you. And the second thing: Inhabitants of my heaven have found a way to Erebus. Catch them and bring them to me if you could. See you later!

And Valledia was left in the quiet blooming garden alone.

Spoiler Visible changes :
+1 population in capital
Thwart snow under rice in cultural borders.

Spoiler Changes not meant for mortal eyes :
Added fishes in few capitals lacking food.
Added Sons of Arsena to Doviello.
Added four Sea Lions.

Attachments

• Korias AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    203.7 KB · Views: 40
GOt it! I will post soon

Yay!

Story:
Spoiler :
Valledilla the Even was tired after a hard days work. She had seen many gods make contact with her, telling her what to do and clamoring for worship.

She lay on the bed to think over what just happened when a voice rang out.

“Hello,” said the man casually sitting at the couch across the room.

“ASSASSIN!!” Valledilla could feel herself shouting inwardly as she reached for the knife, only to be stopped by a cane which suddenly impaled itself mere inches away from her face.

Of course, this marksmanship with throwing canes did not come easily, even for a god; Mammon had personally spent the day calculating how Valledilla would sleep, how she would reach for the knife, and where exactly her head would be. Valledilla also grimly stared at the numerous holes on her wall that she did not notice before.

“Not so fast, Valley-girl,” the man said. “Aren’t you going to listen to what I have to say first?

Valledilla winced; the voice seemed to emanate from inside of her.

“What do you want?” asked Valledilla.

“Oh no, I don’t want anything, or at least not yet anyway,” the man cackled. “What I am here is to invest in your country.”

“Invest?”

“Oh yes, invest, give you some money and other stuff, you know,” man was now twirling the cane that had mysteriously returned to his hand. “And the cool part is that, the only thing you need to do to receive it is completely nothing!” The man cackled some more, for good measure. “Now, when you wake up tomorrow, go to your coffers, you will be surprised. I don’t care what you do with that money, just remember that this is an investment and not a Charity.” The man now began to laugh maniacally and his open mouth seemed to suck everything in, including Valledilla herself.

Valledilla woke up with a jolt tomorrow morning, and she immediately headed toward the coffers to check out if the dream yesterday was true.

It was.

For Valedilla:
Spoiler :
I made your treasury 500, You may use it for anything you wish for, and also, in the mouth you saw an shrine guarded by golems and with untold treasures, are you going to risk Mammon's anger by taking it? (in otherwords, if you take the shrine, I will give you something good on the next fix, but I might also give you a curse)

For other gods
Spoiler :
For gods only
Spoiler :
I added the Shrine of Mammon at an island guarded by buch of Barb golems, since I am sure that Valledilla cannot go there within another 50 turns, I can fix it if you are unhappy about my decision:p

That was hard, PM me if you don't agree with me or the story sucks

Edit: Sushi? Amathenon you must be joking... or you must really like the sea.

Attachments

203.7 KB · Views: 53
Edit: Sushi? Amathenon you must be joking... or you must really like the sea.

More or less...yes, he does. This thing was too much serious even after involvement of Tali.

Aeron could feel it, those tenous grasps of civilization attempting to come to fruition. Civilization wasn't bad... it lead to greater wars. To fights one generation would start, and the next would feed upon, until none could remember the reason, the only reason they had was rage. Sweet, delicious rage, Aeron had felt it just licking his tounge like sweet candy throughout the age of Ice as survival took a front seat to everything else. When the people felt the need to work together. He could feel the rage in some cultures swelling... but in some, the people maintained that highly irritating need to "work together" to do some common goal that did not involve "Bashing something in the face."

There was potential, but Aeron would have to be crafty about it... potential to foster rage, hatreds that would last for centuries. And these careful, calm, thoughtful Amurites... they were going to be a problem.

Spoiler :
No changes yet - I'll grab it a little later tonight if none of the other Gods have it.

I'll grab the save in 24 hours so the other gods can tweak to their hearts desire.

Simple question: When you adopt the overlords, am I allowed to send visions, or is that all Someone elses falt, and thus I can only act around with Hemah?

I know I'm supposed to be asleep, but really, thats no fun at all

More or less...yes, he does. This thing was too much serious even after involvement of Tali.

Good point, maybe I should goof around a little , kikiki

Simple question: When you adopt the overlords, am I allowed to send visions, or is that all Someone elses falt, and thus I can only act around with Hemah?

I know I'm supposed to be asleep, but really, thats no fun at all

If and when I get OO spread somehow to my cities, you can send quests via visions. Its all up to you how you intervene.

Yeah, technically Danalin is supposed to be influenced by my archangel, Hastur

Got the save, having a look.

Oh this is going to be interesting...:)

IC: After carefully listening the other god's contact with you and I saw that they have given you quests, Valley-girl, well maybe I should set you a goal, a goal to strive for. Said the men again from the dream. "I task you, Valledilla, to let precious metals fill everyone's pocket, clothes for everyone, and marble to build every buildings. Then, I want you to raise a bazaar so grand that everything in the world will be in it and name it after me, Mammon, the god of foresight!!" yelled the man again. "of course, you will be rewarded greatly, however, if I find you sluggish in your effort to honor this, and your country is still poor, I will be forced to make you pay back my investments... With interests"

I just wrote that with my iPod, yes Mammon talks as if he is good but that is just my vision of him. Basically you need to get as many happines resources as possible and build the Bazaar as quickly as possble. As a side quest, you may build the guild of the nine, and I will be exteremely pleased. I will give you some more fancy quests as time goes on (nicely translates growing greed in the world, isn't it?

Valledia tossed and turned in her sleep. Visions flowed through her mind, visions of a settlement of workers near the town, as the forests became ablaze with fires. She could feel the heat, hear the screams. One man stood tall, moving through the forests and seeking the guilty - the responsible. Agrian, blinded by the fury at the intentional fire. He caught them, killed many, his eyes darkened by hate. A voice entered her mind... "Do not brook this transgression of your borders and your people. Slaughter the treacherous elves and remove them before they cause more damage! Ignore their flowery words, and see what they have wrought within the borders of your own empire! Do this to protect your own people from their foul intentions, and you will be greatly rewarded. Fail, and your people will desert you! They pose a threat to your rule and their success. Once they are removed, I will reopen the golden-bright bounties of the south to you, as a reward to a leader ready to protect her people from such insidious things..."

Valledia wore to a gasping start as Agrian cut out the tounges of the survivors with his blade. Assuring herself it was a dream, she awoke to her daily duties, to find an advisor warning her about a crazed man from a local work operation, screaming about revenge, dragging two shackled elves through the streets of an otherwise orderly and calm city.

Spoiler What you must do :

Take Agrias and declare war on the Elves. Use the two elven slaves to improve your land. Ignore the elven advisor. Of course, keeping elven slaves will likely not improve your relations with the elves either...

Do these things and be rewarded. Fail, and there will be consequences, including the lands to the south continuing to be a wasteland, despite useful resources there.

Spoiler What I Did/Not for Korias' Eyes :

Added fallout blocked-tiles of a Mana Node (raw) and Reagents. Added the enraged warrior and two elven slaves.

Spoiler More for the Gods/Not for Korias' Eyes :

The Elves are not at fault, but since the slaves cannot talk their innocence will be even harder to discern. Agrian is blinded by hate and rage and will not exactly testify to anything's innocence.

Attachments

203.9 KB · Views: 74
Whoa, there are alot of new named units in that scenario...

Pretty soon rule 7 will be broken

You don't mind if I try to experiement to see how to attach games in the post do you?

(This has nothng to do with the game so far, I just need to make sure I know how)

Spoiler Response to Lade :

Spoiler No seriously, not for Korias. :

I expect my named unit to go get himself killed pretty quickly. He's strong, but he's also Crazed, so he'll go utterly nuts and probabaly try to kill a goblin archer. Which won't end well.
Plus, if he keeps the slaves I gave him, the elves are going to be unhappy.

Top Bottom