Fall from Divine Intervention I: Amurite Analogies

Ok, so We've got quite a few quests set up now. I'll download the save and play tomorrow evening and post a report. There is still time for a few gods to jump in and edit as they want, however.

Spoiler Message from the overlords :
Val is taking an evening stroll on the beach when suddenly an undead creature appears out of the water

"My masters have sent me here to give you a message, since our ordinary way doesn't appear to be up and running."

The message is simple, "Found and spread the worship of the overlords to two cities, and be RICHLY rewarded, do not, and a thorn will be placed in your side for quite a while."

"The end, bye bye, don't forget to have a going away present next time"

And with that, the creature disappeared.

South of Cevedes, a group of men had desecrated a shrine to the angels. When they fled to escape justice, they built a city far from the site to guard themselves against those who would seek to destroy them for their deeds.

Junil devoted a moment of thought to them. Justice was not to be escaped. A good chance to test whether mortal men could be devoted to the ideal of Law, or to discern whether Valledia was willing to take the side of Good. He sent for one of his angels, gave him orders to relay them to Valledia, then went on with business.

Valledia was taking a stroll through the lands of Cevedes when one of Junil's angels landed besides her and gave her the quest.

"I bring word from Junil, Angel of Justice and Law. He has heard that the Amurite leader is strong-willed and leads her land well, and seeks your help in bringing the Law to some of the locals.

In the jungles to your south, a group of lawless barbarians has taken refuge, far from the gods whose shrine they desecrated. As soon as you will see them you will know that they are not ordinary barbarians.

Deep in the jungles their fortress-city lies. Take this city and defeat the men that guard it, should you choose to gain Junil's favour by spreading word of Law there.

Not only will you gain Junil's blessing and favour should you choose to eliminate them, know that they are also hostile to your lands and will gladly destroy your works if you give them the chance. When you have taken their fortress, it is your choice to either bring Amurite Law to the men or leave the barbarians to Arawn. Junil trusts you to make the right choice.

Also note that these barbarians will not be easily defeated, and you will need quite a lot of troops to bring law to them. Junil's reward will of course outweigh your costs should you defeat them in the next 50 years, but he cannot guarantee that it will still be worth it beyond that time.

Now it is time for me to go. Farewell, and choose wisely."

With these words Junil's angel took flight and headed for Junil's heaven, leaving only the choice behind.

Attachments

• Korias AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    204.8 KB · Views: 49
Is it to late to join? I'd like to take Sirona if possible. Well actually I'd prefer someone like Agares but I got here to late for that ;)

I don't think it's late to join, you just have to hurry to present your quest/alter savegame/whatever.

It's to late for that at this point(leaving for school soon) so I'll jump in next round if possible :)

For Aeron's eye only
Spoiler :
Darn you Korias, don't read this
Spoiler :
Darn it, I was planning to do just t he thing you did! To motivate them to get valuable resources instead of trading which is dumb:lol:

Strolling through Cevedes, the elven envoy is overwhelmed by the sounds of the busy streets. He can spot angels flying... ANGELS!

'Goodness me!' he cried, and as he realised it, he shushed himself quickly.

As he pondered silently the strong supernatural aura of the palace, besieged by divine attention, he noticed a human dragging behind a pair of mangled elves. He covers his hair with the hood from his cloak and rushes to the palace.

'Valledia, I saw one of your men torturing servants of the summer court! This is preposterous. Are you aware of this, or should i take it as an offense? What is the meaning of this? What should i report to my master? I demand an explanation...'

The wind shifted. All of Cevedes felt it, though it wasn’t a great shift. It was a cold wind, blowing in from the south, and it brought the fickle mind of a Playful god with it.
Riding the Clouds Tali came forth over the Amurite lands, dropping storm clouds left and right, circling the world. Many were the fishing fleets that were taken by surprise, as the oracles and prophets had promised a clear month at sea.
When the storms abated, wrecks of unfortunate shipping crews dotted the oceans and fishing shoals and patterns were changed.

Captain Ostanes’s shipping fleet was more fortunate than most: his fleet had somehow managed to survive the huge waves, but they had been thrown far from the inland sea, over the land bridge, and into the wide sea. The small battered fleet had managed to survive and, weary, they had at least found a lush land to settle.

And so they did.

Spoiler Changes :

Added blizzards, those can be removed after this update.
Slightly changed the inner sea. Nothing drastic, just something that the winds might do.
Created small continent and create a new Amurite civilization.

@korias, i realize it's a big change, and feel free to accept it or not.

Attachments

• Korias AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    209.9 KB · Views: 51
a whole new small continent? I smell profit...

Spoiler not meant for mortal eyes, especially Valledilla
Spoiler :
I hope it is not anywhere near my shrine, I meant it tobe isolated...;)

Thomas, could you tell me how it's possible to add a new civilization via WB?

Thomas, could you tell me how it's possible to add a new civilization via WB?

Cheated.

I went in to the WB, created some amurite cities, liberated them, and then devassalized the result and added Fog of war for korias.

unfortunatly, there's still contact. (and Ostanes refers to himself as a hippus, despite being amurite:confused:)

Cheated.

I went in to the WB, created some amurite cities, liberated them, and then devassalized the result and added Fog of war for korias.

unfortunatly, there's still contact. (and Ostanes refers to himself as a hippus, despite being amurite:confused:)

Smart.

Also, you should probably check your save, you veiled the location of Priority city for Korias.

Top Bottom