(Fall from Heaven 2) Modular Flavor Mod

This should be the final update, unless I get some urge and/or a good idea. :)

This version has some tweaks that include:
1: Adding some teeth to the Dragon Cult spells. (along with the above loki abilities, it now removes some none team member promos hitting the faithful were it hurts: Shield of Faith, Bless, and Morale; but they can be resisted)
2: Fanatics do 1 point of fire damage.
3: Pedia entries added
4: Removed Lucian Cold Iron from Wild Mana Version (added to base modmod by sephi)
5: Mercenary Guild can now be purchased in any Hippus City
6. Mercenary Guild can be captured - so if Hippus are eliminated you will still see there mounted merc unit owned by other civs.
7: All civs can buy them (and they will as I have seen them in game) if they are in any city that has the guild and if they have 200 gold.
8: Some minor balance issues (IE adding the tag <bAbility>1</bAbility> for some abilities in the xml so that the Amurite world spell wont stop it)...

Enjoy and as always if you hit a bug let me know and I will fix it...

What's the deal with Lucian Cold Iron? I upgraded him when he had all 5 combat promos, but saw nothing special happen as a result. Just turned into the same hero as without them. (Maybe it's a Wildmana implementation thing? Or else does whatever bonus it is only occur with the rest of your modmod? (Am not using it yet, sorry - Sephi's changed so much recently, I'm trying to get a feel for base Wildmana before adding anything else! ;)))

Lucians transformation is implemented as a "spell" that means if he has combat V he will have all Emporer Promotions after the Transformation.

Lucians transformation is implemented as a "spell" that means if he has combat V he will have all Emporer Promotions after the Transformation.

Well - must be a bug then, check it for yourself... :p Start a game as Doviello, and give yourself 2 lvl 5 Lucians, one with all combat promos, the other with none, transform 'em both. You end up with the same Lucian Cold Iron.

Well - must be a bug then, check it for yourself... :p Start a game as Doviello, and give yourself 2 lvl 5 Lucians, one with all combat promos, the other with none, transform 'em both. You end up with the same Lucian Cold Iron.

What Sephi said. It grants you all the empower promotions - a good way to counter the plague he gets when he upgrades. This is working in the base FFH mod, but does seem not to be working under Sephi's Wildmana version. Sephi may or may not consider this a bug though and I have taken it out of my personal wildmana version because Sephi added him to the base mod.

Aha! Thanks - suddenly I understand what's happening! :)

Someone asked me a question, so I figured I would answer it here.
The question was basically, why did I set Lucian Cold Iron to be at level 5 and get the plague promo.

It is simple really, I agree with Kael about Lucian being overpowered if given the Hero Promo early. But I feel that if he can survive to level 5, he should get a chance to be a "real" hero unit. The Plague promo forces the aggressive player to slow down his use if they reach level five by just harvesting barbarians (he will only be able to heal in his culture) and if they are at the point they can get a priest to heal him, then he shouldn't be overpowered. Granted the pool of tears can heal him outright, but this is a bonus/reward of finding this wilderness wonder IMHO.

Over all he isn't much stronger than the base Lucian. A good mage can rust his Iron promo and dispel his enchantment promo. His additional Ice damage (+2) is the gift of his weapon and is permanent. It will take some time to regain his experience, but the hero promo will make it automatic.

I notice that you have no Os-Gabella model yet. If you are interested, I have a Os-Gabella unit. It was specially made for your modmod, and any modmod dedicated to her :lol: Download here.

BTW, IIRC, Os-Gabella has 2 :strength: + 1 poison. I would suggest to remove the poison and add "PROMOTION_SCEPTER_OF_IMMORTAL_QUEEN" promo. This work as if weapon promo, grant her +1 affinity for death mana and +1 affinity for entropy mana. Thus, by the end of the game, she would at least 2 :strength: + 2 or +3 unholy. That's more fitting with her lore, IMHO.

Of course, because she is "immortal" (per your game mechanic), the Scepter never lost and the unit never captured by enemies. Thus, no need to make a new equipment unit.

Oh yeah, I am positively going to steal your concept on Os-Gabella for my personal modmod :p

Yes I have already downloaded it =) and do please take what you wish...

I may piddle with her mechanics a bit, but to keep it modular there are very few things that I could do. One is the fact that she is listed under normal units and not Heros in the pedia. If I set her as a world unit and she does die then she will not be rebuildable.

Oh and THANK YOU very much :)

A small update:

1: Added esvath's Os-Gabella skin

2: Os-Gabella can now use the escape ability through the spell Bair of Lacuna.

3: Changed around some of Os-Gabella's free promos.

4: Os-Gabella now requires an Evil allignment to build.

5: Os-Gabella can now Teleport (paradrop) 20 spaces.

6: Bumped number of Fanatics allowed from 2 to 4.

7: Bug Fix; The Hippus were happily founding mercenary guilds in every civ's cities they could reach. Should only found in their cities.

Found a bug, the Hippus were founding mercenary guilds in every civs city they could reach. Only one person has downloaded the wild mana version today, so I will not make a new version just fixed this one.

Small update to version 2b

Added an Illian "Frost Maiden" Diciple Unit:

The pedia:
Spoiler :
The effect rippled through out creation. At the moment of his death the Frost Speakers awoke from their mind of stasis. This quickening was more shocking than the fall of Bhall. It wasn't the newly initiated that had to pay the price; it was those that served the longest that suffered the most. Those closest to the sphere of ice died outright and those that did survive felt the call of chaos. This was an unwelcome concept to those that walked with Mulcarn, causing varying degrees of insanity to inflict the rest.

From Rickets beginnings she never had much divine power, as the last Frost Speaker to be initiated, the touch of chaos was weak within her. Learning to tap into the powers of magic she studied ways of channeling the Ice sphere, without success. Through Lichdom she carried on until one day she felt a small, an ever so slight call. It was the power of her former god, though not ordered it called out to her. Searching she found an Illian settlement and a man claiming the right of godhood. With his research, a touch of magic, and the original frost ritual, a small if not distorted sect of women began to harness a small amount of Ice mana created by Auric. From these beginnings the Frost Maidens are the spiritual successors to the Frost Speakers. They don't have the full potential as the Priest of Winter, but they fill the gap and stayed true to the sphere of ice. As for Rickets, well she was later killed by Auric in his studies to create true and powerful Priests of Winter. For their faithfulness to Auric, he bestowed upon them a unit of Frostling's enslaved to each newly initiated Frost Maiden; they are a most welcome sight to the armies of Auric.

She cannot enter deserts, has ice affinity (aptitude in Wild Mana), can summon a Frostling unit, can upgrade to Eidolons, etc. Thanks to esvath for the skin!!! See this post for a screen shot.

I am going to have to comment on my last update - The Frost Maiden has more uses than just filling the healing gap at game start up. I play tested too games and one game the AI hit the magic 100 AC and killed all three of my High Priest of Winter - so I had no healers left, but was able to build the Frost Maidens and they help speed up the end game without the attack, stop 8 turns to heal, attack, repeat. They were able to speed up the healing time so it was more like attack, stop 6 turns to heal, attack, repeat. :) The other game I was just testing to see how useful they were and built the ritual Bane Divine(after someone in the Wild Mana bug thread spoke of how painful it was) and yep th Priest of Winter died, so once again the Frost Maidens were useful. I may have to figure out a way to make them upgrade to Priest of Winter, without over powering the line and keeping to the spirit of what Kael seen as a weak path of priest to an incomplete god...

Knock, knock, the "Ice Maiden" is ready. I hope this satisfy your need ;p

I still use the armor from the "old" Ice mage because I think it would be a nice identity for Illians' female units. Although there is no female units for Doviello right now, but when there is/are, they will also use furs. Thus, the armor is what makes Illians female units different with the Doviello ones, imho. I hope you like it.

Download here.

PS. But I do make the skin is more white than the other units. :D

Top Bottom