Fall from Heaven II PBEM Game

As I said Bannor, because everyone seems to think of me as unforgiving crusader with no negotiating skills anyway.

For the record I think you have outstanding Diplo skills and extremely creative and a pleasure to read your stuff.

Why thank you! Nice to see that somebody appreciates me!

I´ll still have Bannor please, straight good vs evil fights is what they are made for.

extremely creative and a pleasure to read your stuff.
One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I LOVE reading Knoedel's messages... everytime I see that he was the last one to write on a thread I immediately get curious and about reading it! Knoedel has a great imagination, is intelligent (seen by the level of his humour) and a very good player.

I would say that his Diplomacy seems.... strange! At least in Next War I have that feeling. Maybe he is just soooo influenciated by his roleplaying that his crazy diplomatic actions derive from the madness of his characters?

I LOVE reading Knoedel's messages... everytime I see that he was the last one to write on a thread I immediately get curious and about reading it! Knoedel has a great imagination, is intelligent (seen by the level of his humour) and a very good player.

I would say that his Diplomacy seems.... strange! At least in Next War I have that feeling. Maybe he is just soooo influenciated by his roleplaying that his crazy diplomatic actions derive from the madness of his characters?

That may be the case. I have to admit, roleplaying the various leaders of Europa is fun, and maybe I get so caught up in it that they sometimes influence my in-game decisions.

Civ is a game, you know! I'd also much rather lose while having fun than be a mindless robot who wins all the time! I do a lot of the same, the story of the game means a lot more to me than taking any one stance.

Anyway - I have no idea what the leaders are, so I'll let my teammate choose whatever he thinks would do best for the team!

Hm, I think we should wait for a third member to join before we make our final decision.

Thanks for keeping this post active, it will eventually be very important which Civ(s) are on each team especially when you consider the magic portion of this game. The players most consider that this game will begin as a frozen land, slow thawing adding a new dimension to the game,

To start you will have just your stating units (which is my current job to construct)which I will become serious when more player join and have chosen their leaders

An update;

I have an idea but I'm not sure it is a good idea so I'll post it here and see what you think.
I'm referring to the 3 Good and 3 Evil parties. Remember these players are not setup as Teams for several reasons, I believe not sharing vision will create a much deeper adventure during travel and not sharing Techs could help creating diversity.

Ok so here is the idea, each of the 3 good and 3 evil get their own Vassal of the same alignment and will be setup as a teammate, which uses many of the available Races if not all of them. This might open a bit of depth to this concept.

I am interested in your thoughts as we wait for the rest of the players

Woo! I *so* want to do a FFH PBEM. That's why I originally started PBEMs, but nobody was doing one, and I didn't want to host.

I'm assuming I can't be Mercurians or Infernal (even though they are on that list there), and I'd prefer it that way.

I have a slight preference of Evil over Good. However, if I'm good I want to be the Kuriotates. If I'm evil though, I definitely want to be Sheiam as Tebryn Arbandi.

Woo! I *so* want to do a FFH PBEM. That's why I originally started PBEMs, but nobody was doing one, and I didn't want to host.

I'm assuming I can't be Mercurians or Infernal (even though they are on that list there), and I'd prefer it that way.

I have a slight preference of Evil over Good. However, if I'm good I want to be the Kuriotates. If I'm evil though, I definitely want to be Sheiam as Tebryn Arbandi.

Welcome thenameipicked!!!

Hopefully you the beginning of this thread. This is going to be more like a Dungeons & Dragons adventure than an Empire building game. In this game you will have a large group of well promoted and widely diverse units to manage and just a few pre-placed cities.

I hope your interested and ultimately it's your choice for good and evil, I predict though if you choose evil the good position will fill faster :D

I understand that this is not a builder-type game. Kuriotates is my favorite good leader, which is why I picked them. However, considering you said good will fill faster, I'll definitely go evil. Nobody can beat Tebryn's summons.

Excellent :yup:

Now we need a "Good" player lol and then I'll start figuring out how to lay this all out

I might need some assistance with finding units and testing them

For the rest of us we should post/repost our selection

I never played this MOD before so... what do I have to choose exactly? I'm a bit lost...

I can choose blindly based on the description above... does it have to be evil (Svartalfar?) or can it be a neutral playing evil (Amurites?)

I never played this MOD before so... what do I have to choose exactly? I'm a bit lost...

I can choose blindly based on the description above... does it have to be evil (Svartalfar?) or can it be a neutral playing evil (Amurites?)

You are Evil so I'd say choose an Evil race. I'll guess that the Mod's designers did a fair amount of balancing regarding good vs evil. You can choose blindly but you lose a strategic concept ( a magic spell or unique unit ) but you gain a different one. But think of this as a ad&d game "the cave is pitch black, you step forward (pause) the Dice are rolled, the is nothing ahead of you". In this regard it's like walking your only Warrior out into the darkness and your next Warrior is not trained for 15 turns. You'll want to be cautious.

Know or not knowing this Mod will make little difference, choosing a Race based on its traits like "No Anarchy" or "Receives bonuses to build Wonder will not make much of a difference.

This game will be unique to every player here including myself, after I have placed everything in the map I will send this map to a scenario builder to randomly place all existing things (units and cities) that way not even I know where anything will be located. But be prepared for a relaunch or 2 if something major is wrong or forgotten.

If much time elapsed and we do not have our 3rd "Good" player, I'll ask the "Good players" to select a Race to begin this project.

Last thought; I'd like leaders to belong to their Race just based on minimizing balance issue which will probably have anyway

I am interested.

Never played this mod though, but I will discover things as I play.

The Luchuirp or the angels sound interesting, though I would prefer to be neutral so I can lean towards the dark, and then lean towards the good and so on..
(I only did some reading, no playing, so tips are appreciated; especially from the other players with my allignment )..

An idea:
* give the good ones light colours, the bad ones dark colours, and the neutral ones shades of red? This will make things clear in a glance..

Welcome Calanthian

I am so pleased we have our 8 players. I will start laying out the map ASAP, please review the first few posts as time goes by to see where I/we are currently. Today I'll add your selection to post#2 and reread the thread picking out important notes.

If you haven't chosen a Race and Leader do so soon, if your not sure who is available and work best in this kind of scenario.

Ok well I was going to ask Calanthian first to move everything on the map (if I place everything than I know where everything is and I don't want that ). But there are lots of map makers :D

Top Bottom