Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

I wanted to get some concensus before continuing...

So I've razed Gaudium, the AV holy city. We now have access to the core of Perpentach's lands. If we're going to capture them, we have to capture all 4 of them because of their strong culture.

However, there's 2 other cities we really should capture: Straatus and Dormir. Perp is sending units in from Dormir which is really annoying, not to mention that it increases our war weariness having to kill the units he sends in.

I was hoping we'd have copper to speed up the war. As it stands, without copper, taking all of Perps cities in a protracted war will make our war weariness go up the roof.

So I wanted to get concensus on whether we slug it out and maybe switch out of City States when WW gets too high,
OR
do we take Straatus and Dormir, then sign a peace treaty and finish Perp when we have copper.

I'm inclined to sign the peace treaty and finish him when we get copper. It would be better for our economy.

The mage's fireballs don't make copper irrelevent? If you can do it with fireballs, i say press it... but if we really need the copper, then stop. Would it be possible to take copper from perpentach early in a protracted war? That would be the best possibility in my opinion.

I.

As far as I know, we only have 4 fireballs per turn which is still not enough to make copper irrelevant.. Unless we can make more mages as we go, I say early peace.

Well, without CR promos it is hard to capture cities with high cultural defense even if the defenders are damaged by collateral damage. I'd vote for taking the two cities and come back later too - it will be a mop-up then anyway onxce we have advanced units.

Are we (did we) take diplomatic penalties for declaring war on Perp? if we did, then it might be worth a protracted defensive war for awhile- if not- then declare peace then come back for him later.

I.

I'm at a conference until the 14th and won't be able to view the thread (probably, maybe i will- not sure) or play until then. Please skip me if my turn comes up before i get back.

Thanks,
i.

Well, EverNoob should finish his turns anyway... ;) :)

Well, Ozzy or Immaculate should play from TheJopa's save...

Top Bottom