Fall from Heaven Wiki opened

Kael

Deity
http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Fall_from_Heaven_II

I started a wiki for Fall from Heaven. Any contributions anyone can make would be greatly appreciated. Fill in some detail on units you like, your favorite leader, whatever you want.

Right now we just need data, I am glad to go through and clean up anything later. But if you are a decent writer and want to help out please dig in.

Nice. I know Wilbowman and I were thinking about doing this, but never started.

It would make a nice way to submit civopedia entries, just add them to the relivent page then the team picks one.

I'll start copying stuff form the Manual:civlisations sticky over

MrUnderhill said:
I just added a page for the Balseraphs. If anyone wants to use my template, go ahead, but it still needs a few things (rival civs, leader pics, etc.).

That is very nice!

Nice i was wondeing if there was going to be a wiki for the mod :)

Question guys, how do you add a Template to the wiki? Is it possible? I was taking to Mr. Underhill and I'm doing a Template to use for the civilizations entries, but I only found the List of Templates on the site, not where to add them.

Good question. I was thinking about learning how to do 3d animation, it is one of the things I would like. Is there anyone working on making leaderheaders? And anyone knows about any tutorial out there?

Another thing, what do you guys think about the new template on the Balseraphs entry? Together with Mr.Underhill I did it, and can apply to the other civilizations, if youg uys like it.

A problem with the wiki: the units that have the same name as normal vanilla units have links to the original ones with wrong data for the mod. When you change them it displayes wrong for all users who are not looking for ffh info - so you may want to create some kind of sub folder just for the mod.

Frozen-Vomit said:
A problem with the wiki: the units that have the same name as normal vanilla units have links to the original ones with wrong data for the mod. When you change them it displayes wrong for all users who are not looking for ffh info - so you may want to create some kind of sub folder just for the mod.

Yeah, I'll probably put FfH in front of everything that we have changed (almost everything).

TheJopa said:
I added description for hunter. Is it okay?

Lets see:

The Hunter is a recon unit in the Fall from Heaven mod. It is an upgrade from the Scout, requiring the Hunting technology and a Hunting Lodge building. It is str. 3 and has 100% bonus vs animals. So, hunter can kill pretty much any animal he finds. Promoted with combat 1 and then animal handling, he will provide you with plenty animals for carnival (Have in mind with combat 1 and AH he gets additional 45% strenght (20% from combat, 25% vs animals from AH)) Upgrading hunter speed is good option, as he will also be able to protect your empire from goblins. Combat 3 and then Sentry is viable option as well. Try to keep your hunters alive and later upgrade them to shadows- with moblity and sentry they are really useful.

Acronyms should be removed, so AH will be confusing to most people (sadly it confused me for a while too but im not to bright).

The comment that they are in the FfH mod isnt really nessesary and it would be nice to get some graphical boxes that we could put things like unit combat type and the strenth in. Can any of you wikimasters come up with that?

Text wise i changed it to (the [[ ]] are links):

Unit Combat Type: [[Recon]]
Strength: 3
Requires:
[[Hunting]] (technology)
[[Hunting Lodge]] (building)

Special Abilities:
+100% vs animals
No bad goodies
2 Movement
Able to build camps

Strategy:

With their animal bonus hunters can kill most animals. Promoted with [[Combat 1]] and then [[Subdue Animal]], they can provide you with animals for your [[Carnival]]. Upgrading your Hunters movement with the [[Mobility I]] and [[Mobility II]] are also good options, as he will also be able to protect your empire from goblins. [[Combat 3]] and then [[Sentry]] is viable option for exploration as well.

Try to keep your hunters alive and later upgrade them to shadows- with moblity and sentry they are really useful.

What do you think, do you like it better?

Yes, its better. I can write few more entries (in your style) but I would omit links because I dont know how to post them and if they are done yet.

TheJopa said:
Yes, its better. I can write few more entries (in your style) but I would omit links because I dont know how to post them and if they are done yet.

Thats the awesome thing about wiki. Just put [[ ]] around what ever you want it to link to and it creates the link to a blank doc. Then anyone else can come along behind you and fill in the link information.

A problem we're going to run into in the Units section is crosslisting with normal civilization.

For example: The "Knight" link runs the person to your vanilla knight from CIV IV. So we're going to need some way to differentiate between the vanilla knight and the FfH Knight. I don't know if there's a way to do that when you're a sub-wiki of the CIV IV-wiki.

Sareln said:
A problem we're going to run into in the Units section is crosslisting with normal civilization.

For example: The "Knight" link runs the person to your vanilla knight from CIV IV. So we're going to need some way to differentiate between the vanilla knight and the FfH Knight. I don't know if there's a way to do that when you're a sub-wiki of the CIV IV-wiki.

Yeah, we will probably need to just put 'FfH ' in front of everything.

Top Bottom