1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Vehem, Sep 23, 2008.

1. bill2505

bill2505 King

is the submod stil being worked

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Fall Further isn't, but Rise from Erebus, which is based on it, certainly is. check in the modmods section.

3. Wodan

Wodan Deity

It's now called RifE

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

It is most certainly NOT now called RifE; RifE is an entirely different mod, and was originally called Fall Further Plus... A modmodmod based on Fall Further.

RifE does, however, maintain the majority of the features of Fall Further.

5. Chazwazzer

Chazwazzer Chieftain

EDIT: Hey! Awesome Mod you guys.

6. Shadow World

Shadow World Chieftain

Hey all,
    Having a unique issue. I had originally purchased civ4 and bts from d2d, and they are now gamefly. I re-downloaded both for my new computer and the path file for civ changed from /c:program files/fraxis to /c:program files/2kgames. I can not get FF to work properly and i am guessing this is why. Any help?

7. mynystry

mynystry jaguar warrior from hell

Hello there, I wanted to download your mod but the link is broken, I hope this mod is still alive because it sounds pretty promising!

Greetings

8. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I think Fall Further still works, I had it working over the summer.

Fall Further is separate from Rife, Valkrionn etc had made a modmod called Fall Further Plus (had started iirc with Malakim Plus, etc), and had later changed the name to Rife.

But it did start with Xienwolf's Fall Further code (and was later changed quite dramatically)

---> fall further itself started as just a mod for the addition of civs, starting with the Khadi, Mazatl, Cualli, Archos, and the Chislev. (Chislev might have been first, not sure)

I believe Rife included all civs except for the Khadi, although they may have cut Cualli as well.
    Orbis had all except Khadi as well, and had 2 leaders for Mazatl rather than making Cualli a separate civ. Of the civs only the Mazatl made it into Master of Mana.

Fall Further later additionally created the Jotnar and the Scions. Both of these made it into MoM, and at least the Scions made it into Rife.

Rife additionally created (at least) two original civilizations, one being the Mechanos, and the other being the D'tesh.

MoM originally created the Aristakh, and to this date only versions of MoM have the Aristakh. (As only versions of Rife have the Mechanos and D'tesh). However the Mechanos could rather easily be copied in any of the FFH2 mods. As it is a common theme (Steampunk).

I wouldn't mind seeing a revision of the Khadi resurfacing ... although I'll admit that their design was not the strongest, I liked them, and I liked the choice between Oghma and Mammon (although I always chose Mammon, from a practical standpoint).

With Scions, D'tesh, and Aristakh, I feel as though undead civilizations have seen a hey-day of modding. Boy were these civs interesting when 'Destroy Undead' still had a damage cap of 100 ;)

Of the three, Scions are perhaps the most balanced, sometimes even being too weak in certain mods. Aristakh are quite strong, perhaps even overpowered depending, and I don't remember much about D'tesh other than the 'Thanatos' leader and mini-hero, but I think they were somewhat strong as well.

9. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

RifE includes the Cualli, and it's also possible for the Khadi to appear by an event.

10. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Hey A_Moon! :)

I'd say Khadi, Mazatl, and Mechanos are probably the Civ's I'd be willing to add to my mod, although I am also receiving outside pressure to add the Archos.

As far as immediate implementation, Mazatl would need some kind of deep jungle mechanic, which I as yet know not how to mod (and they also tend to have this swamp mechanic which I am less informed about, but know that its easier to mod since its just an improvement via spell). So having Jungle upgrade to Deep Jungle OR having civ-specific bonuses for Jungle w/ Mazatl ... either of these paths presents significant obstacles to myself as a coder.

With the Archos, I realize that I might not implement them in the same way, but I think that I could implement "something" that would at least have to do with Spiders.

So, as far as adding civs go ...

1) Archos
    2) Mechanos/Mazatl depending (getting code right for Mazatl, or getting design right for Mechanos)
    3) Khadi?? (depending)
    4) Scions (depending)
    5) Aristakh (if heavily nerfed)

I'm not sure if I want to include D'tesh based solely on the fact that they include 'Thanatos' AND 'Fallen Angels' in the same stroke ... and I may have plans for these areas (as something other than D'tesh)

If Rife has any nations that I'm missing please let me know. For instance, was a Kobold race ever added? And did Rife include the Jotnar in their game?

11. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Hiii Tasunke.

Hm. Well, there's always the Gyld/Hamstalfar :lol:
    And the Mekara. Slave-taking FOR SCIENCE!!! or so.
    But I'm not overly-sure which other civs were added by RifE, and which were from Fall Further.

The Jotnar were present, but were removed for being not very fun. Erikulum is currently in the process of re-making them.