Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

Odd error for your first issue.

You do not need to have FfH installed or patched at all, you just need BtS 3.19 to have FF work. I am pretty sure that 051 had been before 3.19, so you have to install 051, then patch to C to be able to play. Just doing those two actions SHOULD be all you need.

I've been coming here for years, since Civ III days. Mostly to download FFH and then FFH2 and then get the patches. I've registered recently (because the site has been pushing it) and have never had to post (everything is usually answers if you read the thread).

That said, here's my question/issue.

FFH2 works fine using BTS patched to the latest (3.19). I receintly August 2009 bought a new HP laptop duo core 2.53 GHZ, 4 Gigs of Ram, 250 Gig HD, DVD ... the works (running Vista Ultimate - fully patched - not bad fully patched - have the upgrade to 7 sitting here - not ready to apply becuase Vista Ultimate is finally working great)...

Downloaded Fall Further - Love it! Like the improvements love the changes, more options, bit harder, etc..etc..

Get to about turn 200 (180-220) game just quits.

Everytime.

Sure things slow down with FFH2 but rarely does it just quit (back to desktop). I get an unexpected error... Fall Further just shuts down.

Usually play solo.

9-11 Civs - Large or Huge map - Advanced start - never enter the editor - but around turn 200... I begining wondering whether I'll make it another turn.

Perhaps it's some event?
Perhaps it's a memmory over-run?

Don't know.

Any suggestions...or should I just wait for additional patches?

Will there BE additional patches?

There was talk of stopping and restarting this project, is it still on?

I know it was long...but thanks.

-FD

There won't likely be any more patches, we are trying to do a full rebuild, so most work on the old code wouldn't be worthwhile in the new code. Thus while there are still some bugs in the code which can be VERY ugly, the time invested in tracking them down would likely be time LOST in the main re-release :(

Work is slow though, since the team all have some hefty RL obligations this year.

Work is slow though, since the team all have some hefty RL obligations this year.

And with Civ 5 coming out in fall of this year... (Don't tell me that won't be taking chunks of your time! :) )

There won't likely be any more patches, we are trying to do a full rebuild, so most work on the old code wouldn't be worthwhile in the new code. Thus while there are still some bugs in the code which can be VERY ugly, the time invested in tracking them down would likely be time LOST in the main re-release :(

Thanks...I'll look for the re-build.

RL obligations? What are those? Real Life?

Just read the thing on Civ 5...Think we'll have to buy new PCs to run it? Went through 2 new ones from the realease of Civ 4 - Warlords, Conquests & BTS.

God's willing Civ 5 is optomized for Dual Cores...unlike Hearts of Iron III which is pure dren.

But I degress...

Thanks again.

God's willing Civ 5 is optomized for Dual Cores

Surely it will be. But if it isn't I'm not buying it.

I'll borrow it from a friend and not give it back, but I won't buy it.

Surely it will be. But if it isn't I'm not buying it.

I'll borrow it from a friend and not give it back, but I won't buy it.

i doubt that civilization 5 is going to be bleeding edge system requirements, it will likely run fine optimized for dual core or not :rolleyes:

:lol:
i doubt that civilization 5 is going to be bleeding edge system requirements, it will likely run fine optimized for dual core or not :rolleyes:

Did you play Hearts of Iron 3?

They failed to optimize for duo/quad cores and it runs horrid-ly.

In fact, HoI3 is the WORST game since Master of Orion 3.

Dren pure dren.

It's amazing how Civilization has....stood the test of time! Pun intended. :)

Can someone verify for me that the dll source posted here is for version 51 patch C, and works if compiled correctly? It doesn't work for me. Which is to say i can compile it, and the game will run but I have no ui at all. Whatever the problem is, its caused by the new dll, which isn't even the same size as the current one (with no changes to the downloaded source files) I'm new to dll modding so it may be i messed something up with compiler settings but I don't think so. I don't get any errors or warnings.

UPDATE: I was able to compile a working dll for base beyond the sword so I'm fair certain the source files posted are outdated and causing the problem. Can anyone post the files needed to build for version 51 patch c for me?

The Dll source posted if for base 051, or atleast it claims so, I haven't checked. If you have Patch C installed, you should find the source for it in mods\Fall Further 051\CvGameCoreDLL

I just deleted my entire fall further directory, redownloaded and did a clean install and patch. Other than the makefile being blank, the source files seem fine now. Replaced that with the makefile from the base 51 and it looks like it compiles now. I get the same size dll as the original, and it has python now when i run ff with it. Happy times :)

I know you guys aren't patching anymore, but is it possible to apply the FfH patches to FF? I'd like some of the new unit art and stuff to be in there, but I'm not sure how to do it myself without screwing over the code.

You could copy the FfH Assets/Art folder over ours, and that would pick up all their new art which didn't need XML support (improved models, not new ones). But you cannot directly apply the patch.

Thanks I'll try that

Top Bottom