Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

It's now called RifE

Hey all,
Having a unique issue. I had originally purchased civ4 and bts from d2d, and they are now gamefly. I re-downloaded both for my new computer and the path file for civ changed from /c:program files/fraxis to /c:program files/2kgames. I can not get FF to work properly and i am guessing this is why. Any help?

I think Fall Further still works, I had it working over the summer.

Fall Further is separate from Rife, Valkrionn etc had made a modmod called Fall Further Plus (had started iirc with Malakim Plus, etc), and had later changed the name to Rife.

But it did start with Xienwolf's Fall Further code (and was later changed quite dramatically)

---> fall further itself started as just a mod for the addition of civs, starting with the Khadi, Mazatl, Cualli, Archos, and the Chislev. (Chislev might have been first, not sure)

I believe Rife included all civs except for the Khadi, although they may have cut Cualli as well.
Orbis had all except Khadi as well, and had 2 leaders for Mazatl rather than making Cualli a separate civ. Of the civs only the Mazatl made it into Master of Mana.

Fall Further later additionally created the Jotnar and the Scions. Both of these made it into MoM, and at least the Scions made it into Rife.

Rife additionally created (at least) two original civilizations, one being the Mechanos, and the other being the D'tesh.

MoM originally created the Aristakh, and to this date only versions of MoM have the Aristakh. (As only versions of Rife have the Mechanos and D'tesh). However the Mechanos could rather easily be copied in any of the FFH2 mods. As it is a common theme (Steampunk).

I wouldn't mind seeing a revision of the Khadi resurfacing ... although I'll admit that their design was not the strongest, I liked them, and I liked the choice between Oghma and Mammon (although I always chose Mammon, from a practical standpoint).

With Scions, D'tesh, and Aristakh, I feel as though undead civilizations have seen a hey-day of modding. Boy were these civs interesting when 'Destroy Undead' still had a damage cap of 100 ;)

Of the three, Scions are perhaps the most balanced, sometimes even being too weak in certain mods. Aristakh are quite strong, perhaps even overpowered depending, and I don't remember much about D'tesh other than the 'Thanatos' leader and mini-hero, but I think they were somewhat strong as well.

RifE includes the Cualli, and it's also possible for the Khadi to appear by an event.

Hey A_Moon! :)

I'd say Khadi, Mazatl, and Mechanos are probably the Civ's I'd be willing to add to my mod, although I am also receiving outside pressure to add the Archos.

As far as immediate implementation, Mazatl would need some kind of deep jungle mechanic, which I as yet know not how to mod (and they also tend to have this swamp mechanic which I am less informed about, but know that its easier to mod since its just an improvement via spell). So having Jungle upgrade to Deep Jungle OR having civ-specific bonuses for Jungle w/ Mazatl ... either of these paths presents significant obstacles to myself as a coder.

With the Archos, I realize that I might not implement them in the same way, but I think that I could implement "something" that would at least have to do with Spiders.

So, as far as adding civs go ...

1) Archos
2) Mechanos/Mazatl depending (getting code right for Mazatl, or getting design right for Mechanos)
3) Khadi?? (depending)
4) Scions (depending)
5) Aristakh (if heavily nerfed)

I'm not sure if I want to include D'tesh based solely on the fact that they include 'Thanatos' AND 'Fallen Angels' in the same stroke ... and I may have plans for these areas (as something other than D'tesh)

If Rife has any nations that I'm missing please let me know. For instance, was a Kobold race ever added? And did Rife include the Jotnar in their game?

Hiii Tasunke.

Hm. Well, there's always the Gyld/Hamstalfar :lol:
And the Mekara. Slave-taking FOR SCIENCE!!! or so.
But I'm not overly-sure which other civs were added by RifE, and which were from Fall Further.

The Jotnar were present, but were removed for being not very fun. Erikulum is currently in the process of re-making them.

Fall Further hasn't been actively developed or maintained for several years now. It's possible someone downloaded the patches onto their computer and can upload them somewhere, but I don't know.

And anyway, even if you were able to install the latest patch, you would probably eventually encounter a game-breaking bug that won't be fixed at this point.

It's too bad, actually, since even though these days I pretty much exclusively play Ashe of Erebus (and before that its direct predecessor, Rise from Erebus), I did enjoy occasionally firing up a game of Fall Further specifically to play the Jotnar in their original implementation.

So maybe you'll get lucky and somebody has the patches and can upload them or provide a link.

The website hosting the patches is now offline. Does anyone have a different link to the patches?

Patch c is included

https://www.moddb.com/mods/fall-further/downloads/fall-further-v051

I haven't played this version, but according to old posts it does not include a fix for immortals not correctly being reborn, the AI cannot handle boats, and the AI overvalues lumbermills to the detriment of the economy.

There's an old Sephi post in which he suggested to give all leaders a high negative ImprovementWeightModifier for lumbermills.

Last edited:
For the record, I used to play this mod combined with More Naval AI, and it was awesome! I did encounter a bug with the The Radiant Guard scenario, but it was fixable.

For the record, I used to play this mod combined with More Naval AI, and it was awesome! I did encounter a bug with the The Radiant Guard scenario, but it was fixable.
Did you manually merge some of MNAI with it?

Oh dear. Since I'm now using Steam, it appears that this Mod is unworkable.
I have a GOG version of Civ 4 and Fall Further's installer worked fine and it loads without errors. Did you set the mod to load via the launch options?

Did you manually merge some of MNAI with it?

I don't remember what I did, I think this must have been it.

I have a GOG version of Civ 4 and Fall Further's installer worked fine and it loads without errors. Did you set the mod to load via the launch options?

At the end of installation of the mod and of the patch, I get an error saying that it can't find Civ 4: Beyond the Sword

At the end of installation of the mod and of the patch, I get an error saying that it can't find Civ 4: Beyond the Sword
Is it an error which means some files weren't installed, or is it connected to trying to launch the mod at the end of the installer? It won't create the correct shortcut path for Gog nor Steam. You have to manually change the shortcut path after installing the patch or launch the mod via the ingame mod loader (both work with Gog). For steam, you might have to select it as the mod via the steam launch options.

It was the game trying to launch at the end which caused an error. I realize that the other problem was I was trying to install it in the Fall from Heaven 2 folder. The game seems to be working now. I'll try and see if it will work in conjunction with More Naval AI (because I think I used to have them both work together).

Top Bottom