Fall patch discussion thread

love that you can see where your city is expanding to again.

Oh, that's nice, I do wonder how many times I've wasted buying tiles that would come in the next 2 turns anyway.

A little sad that you can no longer get *any* gold for deleting units (I was hoping they'd just reduce the amounts), but all in all it's a solid list.

Yeah, I though they'd nerf it down to civ 5 levels (i.e. like 20 gold on delete or something). It is odd the number of issues that they already solved in civ 5 and then are having to re-solve.

Since the patch came in I have been getting weird flickering graphical glitches if I zoom in too much, anyone else getting a similar issue?

City focus buttons are working for me. Citizens clearly switch working different tiles when I change focus.

Also really like the new civ selection screen.

Yeah, they're working for me too.

I'm having an issue with launching a game but it may be a mod thing.

Lot of great stuff, but still no Restart button, still doesn't remember 'New Game' settings...

Also no random map size option. I'm not sure the UI fixes address the major problems with the UI, and the AI tuning doesn't appear to address poor unit construction (dearth of ranged units) unless this is part of 'improved city and unit build planning'. Also, what issues were there with the Dan Quayle ranking?

So no one is talking about how Tomyris looks like she is about to give you the finger? LoL (in the leader selection menu)

So many changes in such short order. Well done Firaxis!

Glad I got to use some of the exploits before they were bashed :D

so when can we expect civ balance..??

I doubt we'll get too much civ balance immediately. A few changes in here might change civ rankings already. Assuming the horse production is down to +50%, that makes horse units merely op instead of ridiculously op. An extra amphitheatre slot could make theatre square districts and cultural victories become slightly more viable in mp, or easier to manage in SP, improving civs that rely on them. Civ balance seems right now to be largely a product of game balance, civs with advantages to good strategies are better than civs with advantages to bad strategies.

Last edited:
Hmmm, as sparkly as the fallout currently is, it's also rather hard to see... patch doesn't appear to address this. Can we haz glowing throbbing sparkly mass?

Top Bottom