1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Under: A Module for RiFE

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by MrUnderhill, Jun 16, 2010.

1. fieari

fieari Chieftain

My UI crash was also early game, but on the other hand, it definitely DID seem to have something to do with a Great Sage appearing.

I went back a few turns and tried it again, it crashed again when the sage appeared. I went back AGAIN, and the third time, when the sage appeared, it didn't crash. I'm kinda assuming that the third time, the random number generator gave me a slightly different sage?

2. MrUnderhill

MrUnderhill Civ-loving Hobbit

That's possible. Right now my hunch is that it's a problem with the GP pop-up code, since I was able to WorldBuilder a bunch of sages in (both normal and Amurite) with no problem. However, WB doesn't trigger the pop-up, so that's where I think the issue is. I'm taking a look at it right now.

3. northeaster345

northeaster345 Chieftain

hahaha, a minor error, you can't actually build anima mages as amurites because the
    <PrereqBuilding>BUILDING_MAGE_GUILD</PrereqBuilding>

and you can't actually build mage guilds as amurites, only wizard halls

thus I changed it to
    <PrereqBuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_MAGE_GUILD</PrereqBuildingClass>

I like the mod a lot, especially as a heavy magic user, the Amurites needed the boost, and it makes a lot more sense that you can't religion spam.

-edit: however that does break the civilopedia entry, so that it says NONE instead of mage guild or wizard hall, and I'm too lazy to fix it

4. MrUnderhill

Got it. It'll be fixed in the next version. Thanks!

5. jeffreyac

jeffreyac Mostly Harmless

Just for clarification - did that fix make it into 1.01 (as the next version you mentioned) or do you mean the next version after 1.01? (Just got back from a couple weeks away from the computer, trying to make sure all my civ mods are up to date!)

6. MrUnderhill

The fix will be in 1.2; 1.1 has been up for a few weeks now. :D

7. Aoleleb

Aoleleb Warlord

Tower Mages on Enclaves disappear after one turn. >.>

8. MrUnderhill

Just enclaves? Or on regular Mage Towers, as well?

9. Aoleleb

Aoleleb Warlord

Regular ones as well. My bad for not clarifying.

10. MrUnderhill

Hmm. In that case I think is has something to do with the ever-changing way that RiFE detects whether an improvement is a fort or not. I think early-on it was hardcoded to only accept Forts->Castles->Citadels and the Dwarven Mine improvements, but later it used whether or not the improvement grants Culture Control (that's why Mage Towers worked when I first posted Fall Under). That might have changed even further since then. I know in 1.3 there's a <bFort> tag for improvements that I didn't use because I didn't know it existed yet, but I don't know if it got ported back into 1.2 yet or not. I'm including a fix for it in the next version of Fall Under just in case. ;)

11. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I'm not sure if it has or not either, honestly. Here is my current (1.3) code for fort commanders:

Code:
    def checkFort(pCaster):
    	pPlot = pCaster.plot()
    	iPlayer = pPlot.getOwner()
    	iImprovement = pPlot.getImprovementType()
    	if iPlayer == -1:
    		pCaster.kill(True, PlayerTypes.NO_PLAYER)
    	if iPlayer != -1:
    		if iImprovement != -1:
    			if not gc.getImprovementInfo(iImprovement).isFort():
    				pCaster.kill(True, PlayerTypes.NO_PLAYER)
    Just checks for ownership, and the improvement set to bFort (which also allows the Claim fort action).

12. MrUnderhill

New version is up. Fixed the Anima Mage bug and (hopefully) the Mage Tower bug as well. See the first post for more details.

13. Valkrionn

Like your Lanun ideas; May have to steal them. :goodjob:

Also: All animals in 1.3 on will have city attack maluses, strengths that should be easily handled by defenders, and the highest tier will be limited in number (animal spawning function now respects unitclass-limits).

Just to give a small taste of how they're being set up: There are four 'tiers' of animals.
    • Low - Default, spawn up until the 'Bronze-Working' tech tier
    • Mid - Higher strength, comparable to axemen (varies based on animal type); Spawn chance reduced (but not stopped) at the 'Iron-Working' tech tier.
    • High - Comparable to champions or better, but limited to 10 of each animal at any one time.
    • Hero - All animal lines have a hero. Think Gurid or Margalard; These units are produced via event, and may not be in every game.

I'll be posting a blog entry with the full write up once I'm done with it. :goodjob:

14. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

This module is updated for 1.3? Safe?

15. Opera

Opera Deity

Pretty sure it isn't. Schemas changed a lot and no sign of update since the release of 1.3...

16. MrUnderhill

Actually, it should be. I've been switching between both versions for a while and most of the XML works for both (and I separated the stuff that doesn't into separate XML files so I could delete them later). Not that I shouldn't release a new version anyway now that 1.3 is out, but at the moment it should still work. At worst you might have two buttons for claiming a Mage Tower, since 1.2 used the spell system to claim forts while 1.3 uses the mission system, but I don't think there are any game-breaking differences.

17. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

What are you going to add to the next version? Any ideas yet?

18. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

I've installed it, but I don't know if it is normal, when I launched the game, it gave me 2 Xml errors, one related to work boats, and the other related to griffon packs. Just don't know if it safe.

19. MrUnderhill

@Sjru: Yeah, that's normal. Griffon Packs were apparently taken out of 1.3 (good riddance :p) as were Whaling Boats (which I gave a production bonus to with Slumbering Coven). Neither of those should affect the game, and I've already fixed both of them. I'll probably post Fall Under 1.3 later today.

@lemonjelly: Oh, just a few things. RiFE 1.3 added a new modular python system which I've been using to add new spells and event actions. I'll explain more in the changelog when I get to releasing 1.3. ;)

20. Valkrionn

Jemon is aware of the MPL system, he's been using it extensively. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your changes. May well be the first mod in the download thread. ;)