Fall Under: A Module for RiFE

Hmm. Are you sure that Fall Under is in the /Modules/NormalModules folder and not somewhere else, and that there's an Art folder inside it? Those are the only two things I can think of that would cause missing art.

Sorry I forgot to edit
had kept it in the unzipped folder, so it was /fallunder/Fallunder...
figured it out soon enough. :p
not after spending checking XML files to make sure I had the right path...

do you know why the monument post event shows + 3 health but actually gives 3 happy?

Sorry I forgot to edit
had kept it in the unzipped folder, so it was /fallunder/Fallunder...
figured it out soon enough. :p
not after spending checking XML files to make sure I had the right path...

do you know why the monument post event shows + 3 health but actually gives 3 happy?

No clue. The XML makes it pretty clear that it's supposed to only be health. Like Valk said, it's probably just because modular events aren't loading quite right at the moment. In any case, I scaled it back to 1, just to be safe. I'll post the next version in a few minutes hours (got some last-minute cleanup to do).

Can I continue to use Savefiles from Version 1.3 of this Module after the update? (I doubt it because of the Pedia Bug but one still can ask ;) )

Probably not, unfortunately. I tried loading some of the games I was using to test and they all CTD'd when I tried to replay them. That might have been because they were 1.2 games, though, so it's worth a shot.

In other news, 1.4 is up. Mostly bug-fixes and balancing tweaks. I've got some plans for overhauling the Altar of the Luonnotar victory, but I haven't implemented them just yet (they'll probably be in the next one).

Well, maybe "overhaul" was too strong a word. What I was going for was making it so that any non-Veil civ can build the Altar, even Evil civs. However, after building the third level of the Altar, your alignment goes from Evil to Neutral (like it would if you had converted to Runes). Ditto with the fifth level of the Altar turning you from Neutral to Good. The Grigori would also get some sort of bonus for building the Altars, as well, like a free Luonnotar at stages 3 and 5. And if I was feeling really cruel, I'd make it so that building the fourth level would force you into No State Religion (with a bonus Agnostic trait for the AI so they don't relapse).

Any thoughts?

Just take the zip file and unzip it to:
"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\" (or wherever you have RiFE installed)
It should add a folder called "FallUnder". Once you have that in your NormalModules folder, that's it, just start the game.

Tried to install it exactly like described and it does not work at all. It says that it's not possible to unzip the data and to create the "fall under" folder. I have the same problem with other zipfile-modmods for bts (like star trek or warhammer). Never works, can't figure out why... Help!

Greez,

Tschuggi

7-zip is by far the best unzipping program. Used it for ages, and it unpacks almost everything.

Question: Is there anyway to improve the ranged attack of Siege Mages? Other than Bow of the Long Sighted (I think that's what it's called)? I tried to give them Force II, but then realized that they actually only have Channeling I, even though they get Fireballs (which is interesting, and pretty cool... otherwise I was thinking that they were like Wizards you can build, which would obviously be too strong). Unlike non-Arcane Amurite units, they never upgrade to Channeling 2. If you upgrade them to Wizards, they lose the ranged attack (I assume...), so no Force II there, either. And as far as I can tell, you can't give them any promotions that would increase their ranged attack (unless it's there and I just didn't go down the right path?).

If there's no way to improve the ranged attack, then maybe you could give it to them with a Free promo instead of a base unit stat, so that the promo is kept when you upgrade them to Wizards (thus giving the upgraded Wizard a ranged attack that adds with Force II), but maybe that's too strong...

Well, maybe "overhaul" was too strong a word. What I was going for was making it so that any non-Veil civ can build the Altar, even Evil civs. However, after building the third level of the Altar, your alignment goes from Evil to Neutral (like it would if you had converted to Runes). Ditto with the fifth level of the Altar turning you from Neutral to Good. The Grigori would also get some sort of bonus for building the Altars, as well, like a free Luonnotar at stages 3 and 5. And if I was feeling really cruel, I'd make it so that building the fourth level would force you into No State Religion (with a bonus Agnostic trait for the AI so they don't relapse).

Any thoughts?
nice ideas...
I'm not sure about turning to good (especialy if you push the civ to abandon all religions). Maybe 5th level of altar turns good to neutral ?

Another idea could be to allow to build a special high-priest/druid unit/luonnatar unit,
(EDIT: I mean a kind of High Priest of Luonnatar. Luoannatar are druid replacement for Grigori. A High-Luonnatar, equivalent to a High priest, like an agnostic high priest, available at Altar lvl 4-5, would be great as a boon to agnostic civs.)

some ideas :
name : ????
civ-limit 1-2,
pré-reqs :
altar lvl 4 (or 5), no-state religion, leave you if any state religion is adopted.
effect : simili druid : but no affinity,
-knowledge in some fixed mana sphere(s) (as for druids),
-a special spell ? :
-High-priest strength : 8 :strength: + chanelling II and III (not chan I) ;
-able to have command III (IV?);
-some special divine spells that RifE uses for other agnostic civs ?
-If no special spells : already knows one level in one sphere from each arcane school : spirit I (for courage and , airI (for maelstorm), forceI or creation I ; dimensionnal I)

By the way, Mrunderhill, is your mod creating Vyrkuls and Holy Avenger, or krakens at any time in the game?
Because I have that problem, and those unit do not longer spawn if I disable your mod.

EDIT: I mean, maybe they spawn only if you play on Deity?

Not on purpose. I haven't come across any Vyrkuls or Holy Avengers in my playthroughs, and I think Krakens are supposed to spawn like that (though they seem to enjoy hunting in packs for some reason). I'll try some non-Fall-Under games to be sure, but I can tell you it's not supposed to be like that.

Not on purpose. I haven't come across any Vyrkuls or Holy Avengers in my playthroughs, and I think Krakens are supposed to spawn like that (though they seem to enjoy hunting in packs for some reason). I'll try some non-Fall-Under games to be sure, but I can tell you it's not supposed to be like that.

Have you played on Deity? I just need to know that.

I get them on Noble.
I've also had Aurealis, Earth Elementals, Host of the Einhajar and Angels spawn.

Not sure on other races but dwarven units are losing their dwarven racial promotion when building dwarven mines or capturing a fort. Soldiers of Kilmorph lose theirs when they build the a dwarven mine. Captured a fort with one of those dwarven axemen from Lizards vs Dwarves result and he lost his Dwarven promotion also.

I downloaded and installed (like in instructions) Fall under and during events like one of giving you great prophet or many more i get strange message with it about "golden age for Grigori in 118765879 turns" or something with Grigori allways :) i think something is messed or am i wrong?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c67b0958fc.jpg

I will Disable Fall Under for my next game because I also encounterd Kraken that spawns for Bhall and Holy Avanger that spawns for Bhall. I loaded other mods as well so its not 100% but I am sure I didnt encounter them in my base RifE game and I think I also didnt encounter them in 1.3 of this mod also.
Btw I also encounterd a Scorpion Clan Goblin from Bhall that was Hero of Foxford in my curent game.

Top Bottom