Fall Under: A Module for RiFE

Is this mod that allow freaking Vyrkuls, scary Holy Avenger and other freaking creatures to spawn as barbarians and sweep a entire civ?

Is this mod that allow freaking Vyrkuls, scary Holy Avenger and other freaking creatures to spawn as barbarians and sweep a entire civ?

Uhh, no. :eek: I don't think I did anything to add units to the barbs. Are you sure it's not just a bad dungeon spawn from somewhere?

[EDIT:] In other news, version 1.3 is up!

It's not a dungeon spawn either. Nothing in the code for RifE would allow either of those units to spawn that way.

And I'll add it to the list in the download thread. ;)

Edit: Hmm. Interesting thing for the Barbarian trait (honestly been planning to make it so straying from Chaotic causes them to declare war, rather than score; Been waiting for BA to be fixed though, which will happen in 1.5). Does it replace the existing mechanic, or ride alongside it?

I don't think it's possible at the moment to remove or change old code with just modular python, so it's added onto the old method.

Ah, good point. It's possible to do... With spells. Not so much with the EventManager or GameUtils file (which will be fully modular after patch 1). No way to really make it possible either, as far as I know.

Added a Defile spell for Entropy I Adepts and Veil Disciples (adepts require the Ashen Veil as your state religion). Spreads hell terrain across a 3x3 radius.

That's a lot of radius. Might want to consider moving it up a couple tiers or shrinking it, given that it utterly ruins affected squares for opponents. Does it affect Good civilizations? Does it Declare War? I'm already seeing the Merakan Order's hero, Corgayle, who can ignore boundaries, pick up Commando, and cast Entropy I-II taking brutal advantage of this (their main Leader is agnostic, but if you're not using him Ashen Veil is pretty much the obvious choice).

I might alter it so that it can only expand existing hell terrain rather than making it appear out of nowhere. That way you'd have to wait for the Infernals to show up then drag their hell terrain all the way out to an opponent for it to be of any use. I also don't think it declares war yet, but I will make it do that soon. I added Defile at the last minute and I copied most of the code from Sanctify, so obviously there's still some work to be done.

Great philosopher are very weak! I cannot achieve Altar victory with these, and also the only option besides settling them is build academy, nothing more, please add more options to them.

EDIT: What are those files on inactive folder of your module, and what they do?

is anyone else having a problem with the extra promotion art missing?
i.e. pink squares for silver weapons, air weapons, etc.

if you need others let me know

also having problems with tower mages not showing up in 3d(as mekara...)
perhaps that's the problem?

also though, the monument event for health, the sidebar says +3 health, but it actually gives +3 happy

I am having a problem with the civilopedia that only occurs when Fall Under is active. From the title screen, I get two blank spots at the beginning of the Unfiltered, Alphabetic unit list (before Abashi), which also occur in the Buildable list (one occurs in the National unit list, before Abomination).

However, when I check the civilopedia during a game, the unit list is usually blank, though sometimes clicking back and forth between it and one of the other categories will make it show up set to the demonic filter. If I then select Unfiltered, the whole thing disappears again. I've reinstalled RiFE 1.3 and confirmed that the civilopedia works correctly without additional modules.

is anyone else having a problem with the extra promotion art missing?
i.e. pink squares for silver weapons, air weapons, etc.

if you need others let me know

also having problems with tower mages not showing up in 3d(as mekara...)
perhaps that's the problem?

also though, the monument event for health, the sidebar says +3 health, but it actually gives +3 happy

Hmm. Are you sure that Fall Under is in the /Modules/NormalModules folder and not somewhere else, and that there's an Art folder inside it? Those are the only two things I can think of that would cause missing art.

I am having a problem with the civilopedia that only occurs when Fall Under is active. From the title screen, I get two blank spots at the beginning of the Unfiltered, Alphabetic unit list (before Abashi), which also occur in the Buildable list (one occurs in the National unit list, before Abomination).

However, when I check the civilopedia during a game, the unit list is usually blank, though sometimes clicking back and forth between it and one of the other categories will make it show up set to the demonic filter. If I then select Unfiltered, the whole thing disappears again. I've reinstalled RiFE 1.3 and confirmed that the civilopedia works correctly without additional modules.

I think I know what caused it. I made a lot of unit changes in the XML (mostly cost changes), so if one of them landed on a unit that doesn't exist anymore, that might be the problem. I'll see if I can trace it, too.

[EDIT: Well, there's my problem; I still had some Khadi units in there, even though they've been removed. :p I'll see if getting rid of them helps anything.]
[EDIT2: Yep. Fixed. Will be posting the next version soon. :thumbsup:]

Awesome Mod Frod.... Mr Underhill, although there seems to be a few bugs.

The event display seems to be bugged. In my game everything has a '123495775% chance to start a golden age, requires grigori.' It's more annoying that anything else.

Also, is there some way to allow the mage enclaves to provide mana without them being connected to the trade network? Being able to grab mana without city spamming is awesome, but it doesn't really get me anywhere because I have to maintain a route to it.

Excellent.

Also, when I get a new tech sometimes there's text like "color =<" followed by a bunch of numbers (I think a bracket is missing). I think this is supposed to be for the information indicating effects on tech cost due to having that particular tech done. You discussed the ability to influence tech costs with completed techs, so I think it's from your module, though it may be one of the things Opera did to techs to make their effects clearer.

Also, the wording confuses me. Sometimes it says +X% cost in green on techs where it seems to me having one should be helpful for the other (like agriculture, which is one of the possible prereqs for education) while other times it says +X% cost in red where I know (religion techs specifically) that it's a penalty.

Awesome Mod Frod.... Mr Underhill, although there seems to be a few bugs.

The event display seems to be bugged. In my game everything has a '123495775% chance to start a golden age, requires grigori.' It's more annoying that anything else.

Also, is there some way to allow the mage enclaves to provide mana without them being connected to the trade network? Being able to grab mana without city spamming is awesome, but it doesn't really get me anywhere because I have to maintain a route to it.

Yeah, it bugs me, too, but I haven't figured it out yet, either. I think it's a bug with how modular XML loads events, which is something that I can't fix without breaking into the SDK (which would make Fall Under not-modular-anymore, so I'm happy with leaving that up to the RiFE team).

As far as having Mage Enclaves not require a route... yeah, that's been discussed. Again, it would require SDK work, and besides, I think Mage Towers/Enclaves are strong enough already, especially with the free Elder from Enclaves that I added in 1.3.

Cyrusfan said:
Also, when I get a new tech sometimes there's text like "color =<" followed by a bunch of numbers (I think a bracket is missing). I think this is supposed to be for the information indicating effects on tech cost due to having that particular tech done. You discussed the ability to influence tech costs with completed techs, so I think it's from your module, though it may be one of the things Opera did to techs to make their effects clearer.

Also, the wording confuses me. Sometimes it says +X% cost in green on techs where it seems to me having one should be helpful for the other (like agriculture, which is one of the possible prereqs for education) while other times it says +X% cost in red where I know (religion techs specifically) that it's a penalty.

Again, that's a base-code issue, mostly with xienwolf's Tech Cost mod. It doesn't show up in the main mod because AFAIK, the tech cost mod isn't used there. As for the weirdness in wording, try looking at the bonus as a multiplier, rather than an addition. +95% in green means that the tech costs 95% as much as it did before. +150% in red means that it costs 150% as much, and so on. And if you thought that was confusing, there's a totally different number system for resource bonuses. :lol:

I think I know what caused it. I made a lot of unit changes in the XML (mostly cost changes), so if one of them landed on a unit that doesn't exist anymore, that might be the problem. I'll see if I can trace it, too.

[EDIT: Well, there's my problem; I still had some Khadi units in there, even though they've been removed. :p I'll see if getting rid of them helps anything.]
[EDIT2: Yep. Fixed. Will be posting the next version soon. :thumbsup:]

Glad to hear that's fixed. :goodjob:

Yeah, it bugs me, too, but I haven't figured it out yet, either. I think it's a bug with how modular XML loads events, which is something that I can't fix without breaking into the SDK (which would make Fall Under not-modular-anymore, so I'm happy with leaving that up to the RiFE team).

As far as having Mage Enclaves not require a route... yeah, that's been discussed. Again, it would require SDK work, and besides, I think Mage Towers/Enclaves are strong enough already, especially with the free Elder from Enclaves that I added in 1.3.

Yep, events aren't loading properly. Need to fix it.

Again, that's a base-code issue, mostly with xienwolf's Tech Cost mod. It doesn't show up in the main mod because AFAIK, the tech cost mod isn't used there. As for the weirdness in wording, try looking at the bonus as a multiplier, rather than an addition. +95% in green means that the tech costs 95% as much as it did before. +150% in red means that it costs 150% as much, and so on. And if you thought that was confusing, there's a totally different number system for resource bonuses. :lol:

Honestly: If you know how, feel free to modify the display code for the Tech Cost tags, and I'll add it to the base DLL for the next patch.;)

By the way, when trying to load this module multiplayer (both computers have the same version unless it updated over the course of today or yesterday past version 1.3 without a changelog) it goes immediately out of sync at the start of turn two (and turn three on the one attempt of loading it from turn two). This was tested with 5 seperate games, on World of Erebus, with both players the Amurites or Scions (Dain and Emperor respectively).

I'm enjoying this mod, always fun to try something new especially with the Amurites (who you normally had to wait out Arcane Lore to really, really enjoy them). Thanks!

Top Bottom