Fall Under: A Module for RiFE

Because the +20% str from WS cancels out the -20% city attack, so Baron Halfmorn was still kicking major butt until he caused me to crash. :p

I guess that would depend on how civ counts the +/-X% str promos. Does it apply negative promos then positive, or vice virsa? Or does it tally up total str gain/loss then apply it?

I guess that would depend on how civ counts the +/-X% str promos. Does it apply negative promos then positive, or vice virsa? Or does it tally up total str gain/loss then apply it?

Unconditional modifiers on the attacker (Combat, Empower et cetera) are counted up an applied to the attacker. All other modifiers are applied to the defender (with reverse sign if the source is the attacker).

At least that's what I heard. But that logic, -100% city attack, or even -150% city attack wouldn't be a problem. The attacker would just have 100% or 150% extra strength. +100%:strength: and -100% city attack would even generally be an advantage.

But if you're attacking a city with that unit with +100% strength and -100% city attack, would civ apply the positive modifier first [(X + (X*1))- X*1] or the negative one first? Or does it add up the modifiers first, then apply them to the unit [100-100=0, X+0=modifier]?

But if you're attacking a city with that unit with +100% strength and -100% city attack, would civ apply the positive modifier first [(X + (X*1))- X*1] or the negative one first? Or does it add up the modifiers first, then apply them to the unit [100-100=0, X+0=modifier]?

Neither.

The Attacker gains +100% strength (assuming no other bonuses). The malus is applied to the defender as a bonus, id est the defender gains +100% strength.

All bonuses are added together for the unit. An attacker with Combat I (+20%), Empower I (+10%) gains +30%.

At least that's the way I heard, way back when. I'll go look for the post that described it.

edit: combat explained
I think just about everything about that could have been changed via dll work, but I don't think it has.

Does Duin also have the Animal Limiter promotion, by chance? I think that promotion gives a pretty high City Attack malus as well, and maybe the DLL isn't equipped to handle such a big percentage change (could be as easy as going under -254% and wrapping around to 255% or something). That said, it also means that the problem is with Wild Strength exclusively, since I've seen animals with AL attack cities without crashing, and they've got a malus of way more than 100%.

Just a quick note: The new civics for religions (shadow court, for instance and the other) doesn't work well with the Dynamic civ names. I've adopted Shadow court in late game, with about 14 cities, and my name changed to # Tribe.

Also, you say that krakens require combat 2 to spam tsunami. Krakens that come from the weird spawn can use tsunami instantly (Most of the time, p###sn off the AI, as they only can fight 4 krakens if have Man-o-war available. They also annoy my fishing boats).

Running Rife with the standard modules (Mekara, Bannor Chain of Command) plus yours (1.5), and getting weird barbarian spawn. After my scouts were killed by a pack of Savage Air and Lightning Elementals, I did some looking around in WB... seeing lots of weird barbarians running rampant (all are Savage, so far as I can tell). It's only turn 25, and they've already taken out a civ, and small wonder... I'm seeing stacks of Angels, Aurealis, Djinni, Elementals (in all flavors), Flesh Golems, Gnoslings, Hosts of the Einherijar, Vyrkul (big stacks of these)... and the odd weird thing, like a stray Immortal (!).

For reference, I play on Deity mode, with all the 'more barbarians' options on.

Doh! Just realized what may have been the problem with the barbarian spawns all along. I added some city names to the barbarian civ in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml, but unlike the other civs that I tweaked they don't have a specific "units" branch. Maybe modular loading is messing that up so that they can "build" any unit that's not tacked down. I'll be posting a fix in a moment.

Running Rife with the standard modules (Mekara, Bannor Chain of Command) plus yours (1.5), and getting weird barbarian spawn. After my scouts were killed by a pack of Savage Air and Lightning Elementals, I did some looking around in WB... seeing lots of weird barbarians running rampant (all are Savage, so far as I can tell). It's only turn 25, and they've already taken out a civ, and small wonder... I'm seeing stacks of Angels, Aurealis, Djinni, Elementals (in all flavors), Flesh Golems, Gnoslings, Hosts of the Einherijar, Vyrkul (big stacks of these)... and the odd weird thing, like a stray Immortal (!).

For reference, I play on Deity mode, with all the 'more barbarians' options on.

FYI, do not turn *more barbarians* on, you'll notice that weird spawn decreases about 70% if you don't use that option.
Still they appear tough.
Instead, try to increase *wild animals*, as they're not affected by weird spawns, just Bhall.
Also turning off savages fix the problem, but badly damages your gaming experience.

EDIT:
Doh! Just realized what may have been the problem with the barbarian spawns all along. I added some city names to the barbarian civ in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml, but unlike the other civs that I tweaked they don't have a specific "units" branch. Maybe modular loading is messing that up so that they can "build" any unit that's not tacked down. I'll be posting a fix in a moment.

Really? Bless you.

Played 400 turns with no absurd spawns :goodjob:

Yep, in fact, it is so good, that I don't see barb random spawn anymore:lol:.

At least, a small barb pack of 2 warriors every 40-30 turns won't hurt.:goodjob:

EDIT: Darn, everything was ok till I exited. When I returned to my game, reloading, surprisinyly I got some weird barb spawn. Nothing badly damaging, however. I've reinstalled the mod in case something happened. EDIT: I retire that word, Deirdra just got sacked by Holy Avengers. I swear this is the last time I turn on Raging barbarians.

BTW: Changing mod load priority, will have any effect?

Just wanted to Echo Sjru's bugreport. I get waterelementals and holy avengers spawning in the fog of war around turn 60, epic speed, making it necessary to manually delete them in the world builder. Also, krakens are showing up in large numbers very early (around turn 100) making ocean travel somewhat difficult.

Come to think of it, it's always been holy avengers and elementals that spawn, as well as the odd gnosling. If the spawn mechanism is bugged then why are only these units showing up, instead of say camel riders or assassins or whatever? :confused:

Maybe is related to the fact that nobody can build those units?
There is a common share between those units: In the pedia, it doesn't states: Cannot be build by any civilization. Apparently those unit doesn't have any requirements!. Maybe there is the bug?

EDIT. It HAS to be that, all weird spawn units shares the same thing: They don't say "Cannot be build by any civilization", nor they say "Unique unit for #"

Perhaps the fix could be as easy as setting those unit to "Cannot be build by any civilization"?

EDIT: #MrUnderHill: Your fix, whatever it was, works, BUT, it somehow undo itself (Or not? I've still have my doubts) when you reload your current game. (Tested creating a new game, played 100 turns, everything fine, I saw almost no barbs, [...], I exited the game, reloaded, few turns later, got weird spawns).

In my experience, the fix doesn't work at all. Playing on my preferred settings (Deity, Raging Barbarians), I see no change. I didn't notice anything locally, but when I got a 'civ destroyed' message on turn 31, I checked it out... and yeah, things are exactly the same as last time.

I didn't save/load or anything either; this was a fresh install of 1.6 straight off the download, first game.

Top Bottom