Fall Under: A Module for RiFE

I think I might have an explanation for that. It could be that the code which decides which monsters to spawn for the barbs gets messed up when you're using modular XML to edit units. I moved some of my changes to a separate XML file and disabled it, and while I'm not getting Kraken spawns anymore, I did bump into some angry Water Elementals over by the Aifon Isle on my last game, and I found a stack of Psions walking around.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 140
So what your saying is that the Problem can be hapening with any Module that edit/add Units in RifE 1.3 but with differnt units?

Eh... I don't mean to push you, but I still have many issues with those uber barbs. Perhaps you could lend a temporary solution?
I just don't want to shut your mod.

Nah, that's fine. I'm still not 100% sure where the spawn problem is, but so-far I think version 1.5 will be a lot better than before because I moved a lot of unit information into a separate file (which I've been meaning to do, anyway, but now I have a bug-related reason to do it :D ). I don't know it that'll solve the problem completely, but it can't hurt (you might end up with stacks of Sea Serpents instead of Kraken, for instance). I'll post 1.5 in a minute. Just need to do some clean-up.

:(. Sorry for dissapoint you, but I still see Vyrkuls and Krakens, altough, less (But enough to slay civs at the start of the game).

EDIT: Uh, no... It's almost the same, 5 holy avenger slayed Mahala (had to save her from death) and 3 air elementals spawned near my border. Before, 2 Vyrkuls also spawned (I just cleared them out by WB)

EDIT: Perhaps, orcish swarms allow such units to appear more often?

:(. Sorry for dissapoint you, but I still see Vyrkuls and Krakens, altough, less (But enough to slay civs at the start of the game).

EDIT: Uh, no... It's almost the same, 5 holy avenger slayed Mahala (had to save her from death) and 3 air elementals spawned near my border. Before, 2 Vyrkuls also spawned (I just cleared them out by WB)

EDIT: Perhaps, orcish swarms allow such units to appear more often?

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh. Can't wait to see this in my so-far-everything-is-fantastic game. Almost turn 50, so I guess it's time to spam a thousand defenders and pray that the ohmygodno spawns pick on the Hippus first.

As a side note, what's up with the Art buildings? Art of Reins and Art of Siege promise a Stables and a Siege Workshop in each city respectively, but the first two make no such promise. Will they consume the GC? Do they have a training effect?

Any chance of moving Mobility II and Blitz back to their original techs and requirements, but with a level adjustment (say, 8 and 12, respectively)? Putting them so far up the mounted line is just miserable for anyone who doesn't have a strong mounted line and particularly cruel to recon civs like the Austrin and the Svartalfar.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh. Can't wait to see this in my so-far-everything-is-fantastic game. Almost turn 50, so I guess it's time to spam a thousand defenders and pray that the ohmygodno spawns pick on the Hippus first.

As a side note, what's up with the Art buildings? Art of Reins and Art of Siege promise a Stables and a Siege Workshop in each city respectively, but the first two make no such promise. Will they consume the GC? Do they have a training effect?

They all provide free buildings, as far as I know. And yeah, they consume the GC just like Academies do, unlike Command Posts which just take away the Recruiter promotion. I might add a training bonus later, but for now, all they do is give free buildings.
Art of Blades: Barracks
Art of Bows: Archery Range
Art of Reins: Stables
Art of Siege: Siege Workshop
The Art of War: Command Post

It could be that the civ you're using has those building classes blocked, and therefore the Art building won't do anything.

I'm still getting ridiculous stacks pf barbs, but now the barbs that come are scaled to how far in the game I am. I got huge stacks of goblins in early game, mid game huge stacks of host of the thing-that-starts-with-an-e and kraken (Pretty powerful, but as Amurites I have no intention of going in the ocean anyway)

Any chance of moving Mobility II and Blitz back to their original techs and requirements, but with a level adjustment (say, 8 and 12, respectively)? Putting them so far up the mounted line is just miserable for anyone who doesn't have a strong mounted line and particularly cruel to recon civs like the Austrin and the Svartalfar.

That's kind of why I put them there to begin with. In my experience Recon units are almost always more useful than Mounted ones primarily because they're almost-as-fast, can be built earlier and without horses, and still get defensive bonuses, among other benefits which Mounted units don't get. Making it so that Mobility and Blitz require the mounted techs effectively makes them Mounted-only promotions without technically preventing other units from picking them up as well.

If you went with a high level requirement instead, you'd just end up with Heroes getting the promotion (ironically the exact same units who would abuse it to no end) and no-one else. That's not what I wanted. I'm fine with players spamming Blitz on all their units; I just want them to work for it first.

Darn with uber barbs! I was so confident that this patch fixed this issue that I've enabled Orcish Swarm. Now I get a visit of 4 Holy avenger every 120 turns, occasional Vyrkuls and gnostling. Also I have to enter WB and give the AI free spare units, so they have a chance to survive (Unless they're teamed with somebody, they fail).

Also notice that this happens with Bhall only, not with Cernunnos or Agares.
I'd rather prefer a stack of 5 wolfs than 1 lonely Vyrkul....

I just installed 1.5 and my fireballs cap out at 30 percent damage now and wont kill! Any suggestions? I cant rely on the horrible Amurite meele line for mop up you know :)

Played several long games now without weird spawns, to the best of my knowledge; at least, I haven't seen any and AI civs haven't exploded mysteriously. Before, the appearance of weird stacks hasn't...

...hmm. I just thought of something, probably been mentioned, but all of the weird spawns are invariably Mana Guardians.

Gnosling - Metamagic
Kraken - Water/Air
Elementals - respective Elemental nodes
Holy Avengers - Law I think?
Psions - Mind
Aurealis - Sun
Vyrkul - These guys I'm not sure of, actually, but all the others fit...can anybody confirm if they guard Creation or Dimensional or something?

Top Bottom