Fall Under: A Module for RiFE

In my experience, the fix doesn't work at all. Playing on my preferred settings (Deity, Raging Barbarians), I see no change. I didn't notice anything locally, but when I got a 'civ destroyed' message on turn 31, I checked it out... and yeah, things are exactly the same as last time.

I didn't save/load or anything either; this was a fresh install of 1.6 straight off the download, first game.

Raging barbarians increase the weird spawn, since there are more barbs in the world. I've turned it on, it was a disaster. Then I turned it off, and it was more tolerable for everybody.

That's a band-aid. If the problem was fixed, there'd be no weird spawn whatsoever, so playing with my preferred settings gives conclusive results.

That's a band-aid. If the problem was fixed, there'd be no weird spawn whatsoever, so playing with my preferred settings gives conclusive results.

Yep, it's weird, It tends to fix for me until I reload the game. Anyways, turning off Raging Barbarians decrease the number of weird spawns, due to less barbs.

About the final fix, I think I got the cause, but MrUnderHill hasn't showed up.

Yeah, sorry about that; I've been busy with homework. (Still am, I'm just taking a short break.)

About your fix: the problem is that I don't know exactly what triggers that "can't be built by any civ" flag, or for that matter why Fall Under would mess it up. My best guess is that the 'pedia says "Cannot be built by any civilization" if the unit replaces another unit class but doesn't have a host civ. The problem units all have their own unit classes for which they're the defaults, so that's why the "cannot be built" flag doesn't show up in the pedia. I don't know if that affects spawning or not, but it's definitely worth looking into.

All weird spawn units share something, the lack of "Cannot be built by any civ". Maybe Valk or somebody has the answer to that?

EDIT: Totally unrelated to wierd spawn, but got a phython exception that mentioned FallUnder. I'll show it:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 119, in canCast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "spellFallUnder.py", line 71, in reqDefile

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    CyTeam.isAtWar(CyTeam, CyTeam)
did not match C++ signature:
    isAtWar(class CyTeam {lvalue}, int)
ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

No idea what it is, honestly. But causes a freeze.

EDIT: Totally unrelated to wierd spawn, but got a python exception that mentioned FallUnder. I'll show it:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 119, in canCast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "spellFallUnder.py", line 71, in reqDefile

ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

No idea what it is, honestly. But causes a freeze.

That part of the code is supposed to keep the AI from casting Defile against civs that they're friendly with. I have no idea why it's not working, though. I copied that part from one of the other spells.

I don't know how this could be any clearer. isAtWar expects the first argument to be a CyTeam and the second to be an integer. You try to give it three CyTeam.

It should be something like (psuedocode):
Code:
YourCyTeam.isAtWar(  getTeamNumberFrom( TheirCyTeam ) )

You obviously already have the YourCyTeam and TheirCyTeam objects and the code is littered with examples of getTeamNumberFrom; usually right after "iTeam = "

Ah, now I know where the problem is. I think I accidentally added a gc.getTeam to the code I was using to load iOwnerTeam, turning it from an int into a CyTeam object. :spank: I'll post the fixed file here since I don't want to make another version for one file. This should fix it.

Attachments

• spellFallUnder.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 119
No, I've just replaced the file that's under FallUnder/Phyton. I don't think that the modmod would work if you delete the entire folder and place that file there.

HI,
First game with "Fall Under"
all the events have at least one of the proposal that have an additional text : "in 188877127 turns a 1/188877127 chance of golden age, for grigori".
I'm not sure it is Fall under or not.
but It didn't appear in last game without modules.
And I added 3 modules :
Maogata (that shouldn't change neither events nor grigori)
"worker for first city" (same comment)
Fall Under ; last one so I suppose it comes from here

By the way : the tower mages have Force II but no initial ranged attack. is it design ?

Fall Under does include an event option for Dagda's constellation that starts a Golden Age for Grigori

that's what I thought.
But in the end, all event have that option... but as a "chance"

Omg, EVERYTHING is getting fixed in 1.31!!
With the actual great stability and all this fixes... this modmod is going to be epic! ^_^
(even more epic, I mean xD

balance /bug or designe ?:

playing amurite,
I noticed that the "mage general" (GC) cannot use the spell to build forts.
It might be a good idea to wait after the mechanism promised for 1.31 before adding the ability back but add it back please :D

Well the Amurites do get a buttload of other stuff with this modmodmod, so I'm not too worried about it. Keep in mind, now their recon and arcane lines can build node-forts on any mana source.

Top Bottom