1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Update 2017 BUGS

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by MaFiA ImPaLerZs, Oct 19, 2017.

1. GandhisRevenge

GandhisRevenge Chieftain

What are the chances of them fixing it before the next update...

2. lqwertyp

lqwertyp Chieftain

Could you repost this? The link is not available anymore. And could you share the directory where to copy paste this?

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

In that specific case there shouldn't be desynchs, or just the first turn.

I don't remember reports of desynchs with YnAMP for example.

4. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Did someone twitter Ed about the broken starting locations or something?

5. peezartiste

peezartiste Chieftain

Cannot get the game past turn 3 before it crashed, so have deleted all mods and was going to start again. First mod I wanted was Alert Guard, but cannot find it anywhere on the mod page. anyone know if there is another mod that will cause a sentry to wake up when threatened?

Zuizgond likes this.
  6. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

http://dropcanvas.com/bm28p

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Maps\Utility

Can someone suggest a more permanent way to post this file so people can download it as needed?

lqwertyp likes this.
  7. lqwertyp

lqwertyp Chieftain

Thanks! And isn't it possible to add the file to a post on this forum? Like with upload file?

8. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Chieftain

It is refreshing to see this thread is not 15 pages long already!
    I played for a few hours last night (just one start/game) and didn't encounter any bugs what-so-ever

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  9. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Chieftain

I saw this alluded to a few times in the main patch thread, but nothing seemed to come of that conversation.

Since the patch I've loaded, and restarted, probably 20+ maps and in all but one case I ended up very close to at least one other civilization's capital. On the exception, I was playing continents and found myself on a rather small island alone.

I tried to remedy the issue by using a huge map and reducing the total number of civs from 12 to 7 (and the number of city-states from 18 to 14). This did not seem to reduce the likelihood of being near other civs. At least twice I ended up in a situation where my capital's borders and the other civ's capital's borders were less than 6 hexagons apart. Thus, even on a huge map with only half the number of civ's its meant for, I am still ending up starting very close to other civs (in one case I ran into the capitals of three other civs withing 15 hexagons of my capital... again, on a huge map with 6 - 7 civs).

I tried using a mod to guarantee at least 16 spaces between starting positions - it may have had a minor effect but not enough to matter.

So... what to do? It's really annoying when you want to play with a small number of civs on a massive map and yet you all end up right next to each other.

evanaurora likes this.
  10. Cram

Cram Chieftain

I seriously feel like we need a hotfix for the start position bug. I've now tried 10 different games. One, Macedonia literally appeared on my screen as soon as I laid down my starting city because he was only 3 tiles away. Next, playing fractual, there were no other civs on my massive continent....not even city states. I guess they are all squeezed somewhere else. The next one, I landed right next to a natural wonder and the last one I landed right on top of a bunch of natural resources. The starts now make the game unplayable, especially with civs missing on entire continents now. Ps: no mods.

leandrombraz likes this.
  11. lqwertyp

lqwertyp Chieftain

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  12. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Chieftain

I'm totally ignorant as to how to use the .lua file copy from the summer patch to override the current one... I have essentially no talent or knowledge of lua or how to manipulate files properly... and this problem is game-breaking.

13. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

It's just a normal file copy. Take the old file, drop it into the folder where the broken start location file is, tell windows to allow overwrite.

PYITE likes this.
  14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Archive it in a zip, 7zip or rar file, and post it in the download section of CFC, as a new resource for civ6 (in the map or utility section for example)

edit: and maybe add a warning about possible desyncs in MP on the starting turn if all players doesn't have the same version of that file

edit 2 : Ideally you'll make a mod with that file, easier to install/disable for the users

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  15. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

While play testing some of my maps I've noticed civ placements/starts near the edge of map sometimes. While not game breaking, it does mean you have to move your settler :undecide:

On the plus side, it seems civ placement is more spaced out now :rolleyes:

16. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

I'll post a zip.

I don't know how to make a mod with it. I'd be happy to if you or someone else would explain how. (Or want to do it themselves if simpler than explaining because I'm not at all code savvy)

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Thanks to all of you if you can get this fixed!

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I'll do a quick mod out of it ASAP, I'll send the zip to you and let you post it where you want.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  19. Cram

Cram Chieftain

Can you please leave this link up for a couple of days? I linked to it over at Reddit so users can follow this solution. Unfortunately not everyone comes over to civ fanatics.

20. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain