Fallout: Liberty

I downloaded the mod but can't find biq file. Please check whether you omited it, or it is just me being blind.

Sorry about that!

The latest files have now been uploaded as version 1.2.1.

In other news - Fallout 4 has just been announced http://www.fallout4.com/

Thanks, and let me know if there are any other issues!

Hi haxorus29,

Not too much progress at the moment, but I'll try to get something out there sooner than later! On that subject... what areas would you like for me to work on next?

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Gotta say.. this Fallout: Liberty scenario from @sudo007 is pretty cool and takes all the great stuff from Thorgrimm's Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization scenario and adds even more cool stuff! Much like Thorgrimm's project we don't want this one ever lost or forgotten about either! I've added it to the Fallout Apocalypse section of my Civ scenario hunt thread and plan to cover it in a Civ mod video series I'm doing too.

The onedrive download still works thankfully however sudo007 hasn't visited here for a while and those personal onedrive download links never seem to last more than a few years so it's a bit of worry!

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files) and it worked! Just like Thorgrimm's mod this one is just awesome to look at! With Thorgrimm's music and sounds added in too as suggested it all feels like I'm playing a different game! We can't risk losing this great work!

So I've combined the 3 downloads (mod+Thorgrimm's music & sounds) and repacked with 7zip (down to 247MB) and uploaded a mirror copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work just to be safe. Should sudo007 return to CFC hopefully he'll be okay with the setup of this new CFC mirror. As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've also edited the original thread post's download link area for this mod to also link to here as a extra mirror to the original one just in case it stops working.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/Fallout_Liberty_v1.2.1.7z

Great title screen!
Liberty0.png

Lot's of cool Fallout factions
Liberty1.png

The game world.. just like Thorgrimm's mod it's so moody and different!!!
1661093765800.png

Excellent town screen from Thorgrimm's mod returns! Except this time the citizens appear to be terminators haha!
1661093981226.png

And the awesome Pip-Boy style Civilopedia from Thorgrimm's mod is back too
Liberty4.png

I happen to bump into this theme only a couple of days ago and didn't play the scenario thoroughtly so far. Anyway, it seems to be a great work - thank you, sudo007!
By the way, being a big fan of Fallout 1 and 2 (and Tactics too), I have not playing Fallout 3 at all. So these factions and leaders are totally unfamiliar to me, and scenario's Civilopedia is nearly empty. So I've opened the scenario in Game editor and having wrote down all the factions' key features, than went to the great Nuka-Pedia website and copypasted descriptions to the factions to Civilopedia file. I think the result is worth to be posted here (see attached file). By the way, I also fixed the bug with the wrong link to Rivet City entry (it must be RACE_RIVET_CITY instead of typo RACE_RACE_RIVET_CITY). Just replace the original Civilopedia.txt in the scenario's \Text folder with this new one.

Attachments

• Civilopedia.txt
    173.2 KB · Views: 1
Oh wow.. you already fixed Thorgrimm's Fallout mod, now you're fixing this one too! Nice work!
Thank you for noticing :) Well, I like fixing things that are not too complicated :hammer: There in sudo007's scenario I saw plenty of unfinished stuff that could be fixed even without any invasion to a .biq file, like the portrays in Diplomacy screen or Resources pictures for a Civilopedia. Maybe later I'll fix these too ;-)

Last edited:
The pediaicons.txt also has the typo, which crashes the game when you win, though that's an easy fix.

On another note, I also just finished a playthrough of the mod and created Civilopedia entries for all the units and governments, and also went through the editor and fixed a bunch of issues with upgrade lines, unit abilities and various typos that were in the game. There are still some issues that remain that I was unsure how to fix, though, for example some late-game units having blitz but only one movement, and rocket launcher units having bombard ticked but no bombard values, that I solved just by disabling the already-useless abilities, since I wasn't sure how to properly balance them. It does mean that there are now units that are basically the same, if not worse, than their 'variants', so the only reason to build them would be for variety, though I'm still not sure if that's much of an issue since the late-game faction specific units all get glossed over due to how insanely good the Mr Handy bots are. I'm not really comfortable releasing the files right now since I'd like to fix those issues first, but as I said, I'm not really sure how to balance them properly.

The pediaicons.txt also has the typo, which crashes the game when you win, though that's an easy fix.
(...)
I'm not really comfortable releasing the files right now since I'd like to fix those issues first, but as I said, I'm not really sure how to balance them properly.
Personally, I might only share my experience with Thorgrimm's mod. To balance all things properly I've made a charts which listing all the units' stats and availability of particular units to particular Civilization at any particular era. So it would be easier to notice things that needed balancing and adjusting. Sometimes the fixes included the adding of a brand new units (or at least activating the ones than already had graphics and even Civilopedia entries but not added at .biq file rules). The result is, well, still unbalanced in a way, but much more interesting than the original ;-)

Top Bottom