Fanatikan Senate - Term 3

FionnMcCumhall

Emperor
There is now a second senator :D

Governor Fionn from Taliesin
Governor Donsig from SW province. (not yet named). Hopefully we get some laws or resolutions to pass :)

Official City placement poll (part two). This one deals with the city after next, and is a quick poll

Again, time is short so please vote as soon as possible if you wish to influence the end decision!

I have posted Quick Polls to decide the placement of the first, second and third cities during the upcoming November 8th turn chat. These polls have been set to remain open for 24 hours only, so please vote as soon as possible to ensure the cities are built in the right place at the right time!

Ok, I am back in the senate.

@Aj- I think that our method of appointment of mayors in fine, we really don't need to over-complicate evreything.

Originally posted by Almightyjosh
I would like to request of the senators that they detail what their opinion is on the role of Mayors and the method of their appointment. (omg I sound like dis!)

Let me start with method of appointment. They should not be appointed. They should be elected by the residents of the city itself. Mayors should also be required to live in the city the are mayor of.

Mayors should watch over their city. They should suggest build queues and tile useage changes. While we only have one DP who actually plays the Civ3 game, the demo game concept allows us to split the information gathering and processing among many people and many levels. If we had one dependable and able person as mayor of each city it would take much of the burden off governors and other leaders allowing the higher level officials more time for planning on the big level. Mayors should be micromanagers of the cities. Right now, as governor I must determine each city's needs and then try to balance that against provincial and national needs. It would be great if I had mayors telling me what each city needed. Then I could go straight to the balancing provincial versus national needs thing.
Mayors can be a tremendous help in the governing of our provinces and our country. Being a mayor is also a great way for newer citizens who lack name recognition to begin building a reputation with an eye towards running for a leadership position.

Ah, yes. I am now a member of the Senate. Feels good. I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. My first act as a Senator is to answer Almighty Josh's question:

I think mayors should be appointed by the Governor. In my situation, I haven't had time to go looking for Mayors to fill my open positions. So when I get an application from one of our fine citizens, I feel it's appropriate to appoint that person. If someone has a problem with a mayor that I have appointed, and that problem has no legal backing (just a whim), there are appropriate channels that person can take to try and become the mayor. But I'm not just going to throw my hands up in the air and say, "OK, let's have another election". They will definitely have to earn that right with a fight.

Speaking of which, after I run an acceptance poll for CivGeneral as my Lt. Governor, I will be appointing a mayor to our fine city of Naerva.

Turn chat announcement

Octavian has already stated that he will be unable to act as DP at the coming TC, and I am not willing to start one at 3am. As such, I have decided that if I am the elected president come 00:01 GMT, I will be rescheduling the TC for 00:15am GMT, 2hours and 45 minutes earlier than currently scheduled. Since it will be sunday by that time I will arguably be within my rights to do so.

Top Bottom