Fantastical

Fantastical 32-VI-27

Great mod mate, i'm having so much fun with it. I have a question though. Witch parameters in Fantastical.lua should i change to get more rivers and marches. I usualy play with four fractals and four continents and witchever setting i set for rivers I i only get one long per continent or few one tile ones. Also, almost no marches on wet setting.

So, in conclusion, Iwant green damp world with many rivers. Any tips would be appreciated.

Witch parameters in Fantastical.lua should i change to get more rivers and marches. I usualy play with four fractals and four continents and witchever setting i set for rivers I i only get one long per continent or few one tile ones. Also, almost no marches on wet setting.

So, in conclusion, Iwant green damp world with many rivers. Any tips would be appreciated.

I think at the moment the amount of marshes doesn't depend on how wet the map is, but because they can only occur on grasslands, really dry maps will probably have fewer marsh tiles. I should probably tie marshes to rainfall in some way. If you want to change the script, line 2933 (in version 9)
Code:
a.marshMinHexRatio = 0.015
is what you want. This is the target fraction of total land tiles to be marshes.

The amount of river tiles *is* tied to rainfall. I suggest you set Rainfall to Arboria and Temperature to Hot, if you aren't already.

Would it be possible to have a map plenty of deserts and rainforest alike?
I have been watching the LUA file and i managed to have more rivers by modifing some parameters, but i don´t manage to do so with rainforest (I have enough desert but I want more rainforest without having less desert).

Setting the temperature to Jurassic is as close as you can get. If you edit the Lua file and set the Jurassic temperatureMin to 89 instead of 43, this should result in a map of just desert, grassland, and rainforest. Because of the way the climate system works in this script, there's no way to have a map of exclusively rainforest and desert, sorry.

Attachments

• climategrid.png
    climategrid.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 163
Hi resorcerer, first of all many thanks for this awesome mod, it's great fun to play with!! :D
I first thought this question would be too specific, but some of the stuff you answered here shows me that you're the right one to ask... Is there any way to change the balance between Woods and Rainforest from the 50/50 it is? If I'd like, for example, to have 80% Woods and just 20% Rainforest, do you by any chance know if there is anywhere I can change the settings on that?
Thanks in advance!
Oh, and an easier question for you as well! ;) Is there a difference between "many short rivers" vs "few long rivers" for the overall number of river tiles?

Is there any way to change the balance between Woods and Rainforest from the 50/50 it is? If I'd like, for example, to have 80% Woods and just 20% Rainforest, do you by any chance know if there is anywhere I can change the settings on that?
Hm, I would say just lower the temperature to Cold, but it seems I set that a bit too cold, and there will be almost no rainforest on a Cold map. If you want to edit the script, just change
Code:
[3] = { name = "Cold", values = {1.4, 0, 67},
to
Code:
[3] = { name = "Cold", values = {1.4, 0, 80},
or so.

Oh, and an easier question for you as well! ;) Is there a difference between "many short rivers" vs "few long rivers" for the overall number of river tiles?
Nope. Same number of river tiles.

Thanks! :)
So the ratio is directly dependent of the Plains vs Grassland ratio?
I enjoy playing with "Arborial" and "Jurassic", so it's basically full-on with Rainforest and Woods, without the hassle of Tundra, Snow or Desert. In that scenario, what would you recommend?

So the ratio is directly dependent of the Plains vs Grassland ratio?
I did a weird thing and made Temperature and Rainfall not work exactly like they do in the game's included map scripts. If you take a look at the climategrid.png I posted a few posts up, Temperature and Rainfall just crop that graph of terrains and features. "Cold" for example chops off the graph at 67 maximum temperature, meaning 1/3 of the right side of the graph isn't used (normally, the maximum temperature and rainfall are 99).

Thanks for sticking with me on this! :thumbsup: I'm impressed by that climategrid.png, but my tiny brain gets overwhelmed before I can come to a logical conclusion as to what that means for me... :sad:
Here's my question: Is there a place in the script (or in the original game files?) where I can (without messing things up), change a number - or a few numbers! - just so there's going to be more woods and less rainforest if I play with "arboria" and "jurassic" settings? And if there is, where can I find that place?
Thanks so much, and sorry to be a pain. :blush:

find
Code:
[7] = { name = "Jurassic", values = {0.7, 43, 99},
and change it to
Code:
[7] = { name = "Jurassic", values = {0.7, 60, 99},
or possibly increase that same number even more, like to 70?

more woods and less rainforest if I play with "arboria" and "jurassic" settings?
Oops! I read this as "more rainforest and less woods".
Code:
[7] = { name = "Jurassic", values = {0.7, 43, 99},
should be more like
Code:
[7] = { name = "Jurassic", values = {0.7, 43, 75},
if you want more woods.

Top Bottom