Fantastical

Fantastical 32-VI-27

Hi resorcerer! Could you please explain what the effect of setting "Granularity" to high or low is? What does "region size" mean, since it doesn't equate to continent size? Thanks!

Granularity controls the number of polygons that are used to create the map. Higher granularity means more polygons, which affects landmass shapes, and the size of distinct "regions" of similar terrains. Read the map option descriptions for each granularity option.

Region Size only affects the size of the areas of similar terrains. If region size is high, there could be, for example, a whole continent with a half just desert, and a half just forested grassland. If region size is low, the regions will be so small it might be difficult to tell there are regions at all, which could be nice paired with the realistic climate option on.

Is there a simple way (read: copy and paste-level difficulty) to grab the long rivers and very low water settings from this script and add them to the regular pangea script? I can't use the full mod because with 170x100 maps, I'm looking at a >15 minute load time or a crash to desktop. Those two items would really make my games more enjoyable.

Sadly, no. If I make another major update, it will be to speed up river generation. It's the river generation that takes most of those 15 minutes :(

Here's the summary of what I'd like to have: "woods/rainforest almost everywhere, no desert. way more woods than rainforest."
Rainfall: Arboria
Temperature: Cold (probably less rainforest than you want), or Standard (probably more rainforest than you want)

I could put another temperature option between Standard and Cold, but I hesitate to do so because there are already so many.

resorcerer updated Fantastical with a new update entry:

Ensure map dimensions for nonwrapping maps are always even. This may have been causing crashes.
New Temperature option: Eocene, which has only jungle, grassland, and desert.
Arrakis Rainfall option now results in a map with only desert and snow terrain.
Fix a bug where tiles near jungle would be plains unintentionally.
River algorithm faster because it spends less time on tiny islands.
Adjust internal climate graph so that tundra is not slightly dependent on rainfall, tundra forest is less...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello! Is it supposed to be so? (realism on)
Spoiler img :
upload_2022-1-7_10-51-32.png

Top Bottom