Fantastical

Fantastical 32-VI-27

It would be nice if there was more information than "Not Compatible"

edit: Oh, it looks like it's probably just a meaningless "compatible with this version" tag that needs to be added.

Nice script. I have found a couple of bugs in the GS version.

1) Every river in the world generated came up as the same name.
2) River names / tags in coastal ocean tiles.
2) Even with Sea Level set to "Very Low", I'm still seeing only 50% land. Quite a bit of coastal areas around landmasses / islands, but not as much land as I would have expected.

1) Ah, damn. I might know what the new-to-GS fourth argument to Set__OfRiver does, but I don't know how far up the numbers go (currently it always sets to 0).
2) Huh, I'm not sure why that would be.
3) That's unfortunately just how this script works. The greater control over the amount of water is in the number of Ocean Rifts, which isn't a perfect state of affairs, because you probably want two oceans but more land than you're getting.

Hi love your mod, will you update it some more? There aren't any floodplains or volcanos while using your script, otherwise it's brilliant
edit: some typos

Hi Resorcerer,
I'm once again hoping for your help in my attempt to edit the map settings. You were so kind to answer my questions about changing the ratio between woods and rainforest in your fantastical map script a couple of months ago.

I have since upgraded to Gathering Storm, and use your latest version of Fantastical Map Script. I changed these numbers again, but for a reason I can't figure out, the effect isn't the same as before. I feel like there's even more rainforest than before, and I haven't found a way to reduce that.
I was wondering if maybe, due to the added parameters of Gathering Storm, you changed something fundamental to the effect these numbers have.

Here's the summary of what I'd like to have: "woods/rainforest almost everywhere, no desert. way more woods than rainforest."

Here's the setting that I used to achieve that, which sadly doesn't seem to have the same result with Gathering Storm as before: "Arborial, Jurassic, plus I changed the numbers you advised."

I was thinking, maybe alternatively, there's somewhere in the actual main Civ game files, where I could somehow make rainforest less likely to spawn compared to woods? If there was, I couldn't find it.
Resorcerer hasn't logged in on Civfanatics since February. If anyone else has any advice for me on this (where to find numbers to alter to decrease the ratio of rainforest in the main Civ game files), I'd much appreciate it! Thanks!
I'd be very grateful for any help!

Thanks for making this.

Is there a simple way (read: copy and paste-level difficulty) to grab the long rivers and very low water settings from this script and add them to the regular pangea script? I can't use the full mod because with 170x100 maps, I'm looking at a >15 minute load time or a crash to desktop. Those two items would really make my games more enjoyable.

Hi resorcerer! Could you please explain what the effect of setting "Granularity" to high or low is? What does "region size" mean, since it doesn't equate to continent size? Thanks!

This mod appears two times in the map selection list. Also, volcano’s and floods don’t seem to be a thing in GS... No lowlands and no river floods

Top Bottom