Far Horizons:Reduxe: A mod with ethnic diverse units, new civs, and a future era!

I'll think about it....what do you have in mind for a small wonder?

Try one of these unless you can come up with a better idea...
Supreme Court: Lowers corrupton like a second capital.
Social Security System: 1-3 happiness all cities
Statue of Liberty: culture, happiness in city that builds it, and allows growth without a hospital.

Continued the game and the continent is now mine. :D. I found a little "bug" with the greek companion. He has 4 moving points and treats every terrain as they would have streets. I think the last think should not be.

Another think is the confusing tech-tree. I often don't know, if the unit/building/wonder can be build by me or other ethnic groups. I would help you with that, but unfortunately have no time. Perhaps you can make a chart for the civs and post them here.

But a promising mod, you have nearly finished.

Alright when I add my next batch of wonders the statue of liberty is in...:goodjob: Hopefully Ogedai's Asian Pack 4 will start production soon. Need to get those Indian wonders in the game in bulk.
Cool. Actually I was just thinking Social Security System might be an interesting late game small wonder... Think about it...

I will look into the Companion thing...:lol:

As for the wonders I'll try getting a chart toghether soon...

I always thought they were mean't to be that way and just thought it was awesome:lol: Though it is probably unbalanced...

In my new game (Rome, Tiny, Coninents, Monarch, 12 civs)
I have conquered my continent (the smallest 2 civs), two islands and part of the closest continent. I'm slightly ahead in the tech race, but the Chinese and Thai are keeping up with me. It's real;ly interesting I mean I've basically won, but I wanna' see the future age so I'm not gonna' push things. The funny thing is that we're in the early Industrial right now and the Babylonians are still in the ancient age:lol:
Anyway I love all the unique Roman units and all those different Legionarys. So many sexy units!!!:D

I just had an error with the Modern Legion, the game couldn't find "ModernInfantryRun.amb" It looks to me like all you need to do is replace .amb with .wav I'll test that when I get a chance but it looks like that's all the problem is.

First off, great MOD, Sword...a quick question...after researching "Military Training", I am unable to build the Arrow Tower...is this a unique unit only available to certain races?
Thanks, and keep up the great work...and it also seems that some of the backround music has changed since this latest patch...true? Better music than the original released CIV 3, IMO.

KIDD

I re-uploaded the images that were taken out by the worthless hacker.

Though I did notice that the Aztecs had a surplus of wonders they could build, that sounded Civ-Specific. Are you planning on beefing up the number of civ-specific wonders for other civs?

I could lend a hand, though it will most likely vary due to my college and work schedule.

Yeah Wonders are culture specific in the first two eras. It goes like this(kind of complicated) :

Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, Incans, Moche: Mesoamerican Culture Group: Builds the temple wonders

European Culture Group: Builds most of the original Civilization wonders, except for the Art of War, Great Wall, Pyramids, Great Lighthouse and Great Libruary.

Asian Culture Group: Builds Art of War, Great Wall, all the wonders from the Japanese Conquest, and some new ones Ogedai made, as well as a few from other creators.

Middle East Culture Group: Consists of Babylon and the Ottomons: Builds Petra, Gates of Istar, and the Hanging Gardens.

Alexander's Influence Group: Egypt and Greece: Can build Great Lighthouse and Great Libruary

Egyptian/African Group: Egypt, Nubia, Mali, Zulu, Ethiopia, Maasai: Can build Pyramids, the Sphinx, Black Pyramids(Pyramids of Nubia). And I'm going to add soon Axum Obelisk.

I plan on adding abunch of wonders for India, and spliting off the Southeast Asian civs to their own group(Khmer, Thai)..

Thinking like Polish specific wonders (Wieliczka Salt Mine, Wawel Castle, the Main Market Square in Kraków, and possibly the Elbląg Canal, etc). Civilization specific wonders would be a royal pain, but they would undoubtedly make it even more culturally detailed. But that's up to you. OK, I think I've begged you to work on your birthday enough.

Well, I have continued my game and now I'm just starting the future era. It's goingpretty awesome, and I haven't run into any more bugs. The only thing I'de request is pushing the spaceship further into the future age. I almost lost, but I got a spy with China and it told me they had 9 parts and were building the 10th. I had to sabotage production several times, then knock out there uranium and quickly take the city that was building it. Now I'm trying to invade there continent and while my railships and arsenal ships pound their coasts and my rail tanks batter their capital the Chinese still have an assload of units to fight me with. It's going to be fun, cause after China I'll have to fight Egypt which is not as advanced, but almost as large and strong as me.

So if you could push the Spaceship into the future era it would make more sense. Otherwise I'll just play with that VC off.
Also the units in the helicopter upgrade path can't be transported. You need to remove their ability to carry foot units, which is basicaly useless, so that they can be carried on transports.

Alright I'll do that, I was trying for a land transport thing but I guess its useless with railroads. Heres another idea: Eliminating roalroads completely. The ability to move units instantly is pretty abusive, plus it would give the land transport ability some function. What do you think?

Alright I'll do that, I was trying for a land transport thing but I guess its useless with railroads. Heres another idea: Eliminating roalroads completely. The ability to move units instantly is pretty abusive, plus it would give the land transport ability some function. What do you think?

The problem is I've killed everybody else on my main continent, so now all my good cities keep building the future helicopter. The problem is it's impossible to transport it off of my continent to attack my enemies which makes it pretty useless:p
Also I haven't tested it myself, but I'm guessing that the AI won't use a land transport, which would mean replacing railroads with it would give the human player an unfair advantage. The main thing though is I just want to be able to use offensively and if they can't leave my continent that's kind of hard.

Otherwise this scenario is going really awesome though, I'll play some more into the future age today and let you know how it goes, I haven't had much lag at all either which is defenitely good.

Top Bottom